Tamiya - 1/6 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy LO (model-kit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, congratulations for your photos ;)
I want buy it, but I'd like to know if there are many parts to paint and especially if paints and brushes are supplied with the kit?
Thanks for your answers :)

I'd like to know this as well. Is this a pre-painted kit? And how much does it cost?

The Tamiya kit is not prepainted, no paints or brushes are included, and it retails for about $350-$400 American, but it can be found much cheaper through hlj.com and some other Japanese etailers.

Last edited:
Damn, I'm horrible at models and model painting, would've loved one already painted and ready for display for my DX10.

Here is my Harley kit:

DSCF2420_zps76c6fa07.jpg

DSCF2421_zps85ad4e5e.jpg

DSCF2422_zps9dc41781.jpg

MMS + DX10 Sunglasses for the win.

Nice bike, Shells....it's similar to mine, nice and heavy!
I am still building mine, have to cut down the front fender like a fat boy. I already cut the rear.
I put the chrome brakes in a drill and spun them on scotch Brite to make them appear more realistic. Also scotch Brite on the rubber tyres

I put the chrome brakes in a drill and spun them on scotch Brite to make them appear more realistic.
20140916_172119-1_zpsdntetd2f.jpg
nice effect and went out good, i wish i did the same to mine before putting everything together, but... the brakes scratch the disc only in an area where they hold it. not the entire surface.

a-motorcycle-braking-guide-part-2-45693_1.jpg

Hoping you guys can help me decide between the Tamiya Fatboy Lo (not accurate) and the Fatboy. Yes the Fatboy is accurate but the Fatboy Lo looks so baddass

Thanks

Lee

Hoping you guys can help me decide between the Tamiya Fatboy Lo (not accurate) and the Fatboy. Yes the Fatboy is accurate but the Fatboy Lo looks so baddass
Thanks
You can get any of them, bro. Both are good for T800.

I got my LO on the release many years because the original FatBoy is so insanely expensive. And there is a lot of things in this kit that vary from the promo art. It's actually very much close to the original Fatboy. For making it closer I did: repainted the wheel fork, the engine and two lines on back, also made two square mirrors from scratch instead of modern round ones, added bags from e-zytoys. And that's it. Lots of black parts from promo photos are actually silver in the box and you can paint them black or not.

So go and get any model you'd like and can get.
But if you need 100% T_2 Fatboy for the HotToys Arnie - I'd say get the original hard-to-find black kit, not LO. LO is a budget option.

Last edited:
02.jpg

01.jpg

As soon as I got the SOA figures I was on the hunt for Tamiya #16041 Fat Boy Lo - goal was to try to replicate Jax's ride. Had to 3D model / print the straight handlebars and Arlen Ness fairing, which turned out not too bad. Been a slow, long work in progress!

I managed to find my kit from a joint in Australia - If memory serves me I got the in-wrapper box + shipping for under $200 USD!

Back