takara appleseed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suit looks awesome but I still can't stand the real hair or the sculpt on this one. thanks for the pics.

This looks like a very cool figure, but to my eyes the HT one looks like an even better figure all round as far as detail, paint apps andfinish are concerned.
And this Takara version doesn't seem to be any more poseable, and I really thought that would be it's saving grace.
I see where you're coming from on Deunans head size when displayed with other 1/6 figures, but based on the physiology of the character in the movie, and when displayed next to Briareos she looks bang on.
Here are some old comp shots I took to display this-
lineup-1.jpg

line2.jpg

line3.jpg

pred.jpg

This looks like a very cool figure, but to my eyes the HT one looks like an even better figure all round as far as detail, paint apps andfinish are concerned.
And this Takara version doesn't seem to be any more poseable, and I really thought that would be it's saving grace.
I see where you're coming from on Deunans head size when displayed with other 1/6 figures, but based on the physiology of the character in the movie, and when displayed next to Briareos she looks bang on.
Here are some old comp shots I took to display this-
lineup-1.jpg

line2.jpg

line3.jpg

pred.jpg

hey wookster, are you getting the takara deunan? it would be cool to see a side to side comparo review.

...I see where you're coming from on Deunans head size when displayed with other 1/6 figures, but based on the physiology of the character in the movie, and when displayed next to Briareos she looks bang on...

pred.jpg

I never noticed the head appearing to be small, until your comparison shots, but I think for her size, it is about right.

...oh, and Deunan could take the Pred!!! :D

...oh, and Deunan could take the Pred!!! :D

She wouldn't even break a sweat!

At present I have no plans to get the Tak Deunan, I would dearly love to, but short of selling body parts I have to draw the line somewhere, what with the new HT POTC figs being imminent.
And as I said, I think the Tak Deunan is a small work of art in it's own right, but I still feel the definitive version so far is the HT one (plus Tak don't seem to have any plans to do Bri, and the big/normal sized head on their version would make him look like a pin head if displayed together).

At present I have no plans to get the Tak Deunan, I would dearly love to, but short of selling body parts I have to draw the line somewhere, what with the new HT POTC figs being imminent.
And as I said, I think the Tak Deunan is a small work of art in it's own right, but I still feel the definitive version so far is the HT one (plus Tak don't seem to have any plans to do Bri, and the big/normal sized head on their version would make him look like a pin head if displayed together).

I'm more concerned with the head sculpt, so it was an easy choice for me... the Hot Toys version. I have to be selective as well, so I'll skip the Takara version.

yeah, too many goodies coming and the prices are just getting higher and higher, I am getting more and more selective nowadays. Anyways, thanks for the HT deunan pix. :D

yeah, too many goodies coming and the prices are just getting higher and higher, I am getting more and more selective nowadays. Anyways, thanks for the HT deunan pix. :D

I agree and am in the Hot Toys camp on this one. Now I just need to locate a HT Deunan. I waitlisted the figure at Sideshow last week. Does anyone think that will be succesful for me? Otherwise, besides ebay, what route would you suggsest to get my hands on this HT figure?

Thanks,
Andrew
:confused:

I agree and am in the Hot Toys camp on this one. Now I just need to locate a HT Deunan. I waitlisted the figure at Sideshow last week. Does anyone think that will be succesful for me? Otherwise, besides ebay, what route would you suggsest to get my hands on this HT figure?

Thanks,
Andrew
:confused:

There are a very few retailers around that still have her for order; I would suggest a Google search... :D

There are a very few retailers around that still have her for order; I would suggest a Google search... :D

I have searched google and also yahoo which I found to be easier to pick the retailers out of, but have come up with no Deunans in stock. Any other suggestions, or do you know of a specific retailer that still has these in stock?

Thanks again,
Andrew
:rolleyes:

Deunan Knute Ver 2.1

A modification done to improve the articulation of the Takara Cool Girl Deunan Kunte figure. Removed the god awful rubber suit and replace it with a Triad Toys Neoprene Catsuit & Vinyl Bodysuit. Sure the suit is not movie accurate anymore, but now it can do all the crazy poses that a cool girl is supposed to do!

2710733692_e374b756d2_o.jpg

2709920891_94d627ab67_o.jpg

2710734416_f8f53310b9_o.jpg

2710734740_b5f30ccbae_o.jpg

Kneeling down is not a problem anymore!!!
2710735050_bd4c3735be_o.jpg

Splits!!! Well, I wont go too far, wouldnt wanna split the catsuit

Maybe I should learn how to repaint the face...hmm... a future ver 2.2 ????

Any comments are appreciated :)

Back