soul of chogokin Buzz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was all but ready to get this, but soon as i heard about its size i just lost interest immediately. i think most people share the same sentiment.

I wouldn't say all my interest is lost, just any interest I had in pre-ordering it. I'll wait until the in-hand reviews come out, and then wait for the, imo inevitable, clearance. The TS revoltechs didn't do all that well so I don't see this guy selling out either.

^^I'd say he'd be out of scale with the Revo Woody, I'm not bothered to look up Woody's height atm, but I think they'd be about the same height. Also, chogokin looks to have the shiny gloss compared to the Revoltech's matte.

picture of the final product:

https://www.blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2011/03/post-496.html

s-42.jpg

s-01.jpg

Let us know what your in-hand impressions are. I'm definitely interested in picking this up at some point with how he looks now.

I sure will, there was a bit of a delay due to the way they use PayPal & e-cheques...

Should have him tomorrow or Wednesday. (I hope!)

Buzz has landed - and I must say he really is impressive. I'll post up a quick review & follow with some pics when I geta chance.

First up, he is just a bit over 6 inches high (157mm) but he weighs in just under one pound! I was really surprised at how solid & heavy he was when I lifted him out of the vac tray.

All of his space suit is die-cast, except for the flip up section of his gauntlet communicator, joints, wings, abdominal conduit & the parts of his helmet/dome. Paint & decals are very clean, no sloppy edges. The faces, seven of them, have great crisp apps.

Shoulders, knees & elbow articulation is ratcheted. The shoulders have a cool internal swivel that allows the arm to come away from the body for more range of movement. The hips are a metal pin with a ball joint attaching to the thigh, nice and tight. His heads got a great range of motion. All his "action" buttons are spring loaded & depress. He has a double ab-crunch joint too. One thing they should have included is a swivel at the forearm, makes his arms look a bit goofy in certain poses.

The spare hands are a pretty hard plastic, so a hairdryer is the way to go changing them over. Faces are a bit tight too and a bit hard to get hold of for change over. His brow protrudes a bit so you can just get enough purchase to pop them out.

I think that's about it! :lol I don't have any other Buzz figs so I can't compare him with them... But he really is a great little figure. I paid about $140 shipped, I reckon he's worth every damn cent. :wink1:

Last edited:
Nice, thanks.

There was one other thing I was curious about, does he have any balance issues? How crazy can you get with unassisted poses? I have the Revoltech and Thinkaway Buzz and both are pretty top-heavy in their own way.

I also look forward to some pics, it'll be interesting to see something different than the same old promo pics.

How easy it it to pose him around compared to the Revoltech, if you have it, Revoltech's have a lot of articulations points, but I find with their Buzz, it's a pain moving the joints around around to get poses, sure you can get them but it seems like a bit of work compared to other figures.

:lol Thanks DeadLeaves. That's some impressive one foot balancing, though Chogokins have been good at that.

Hi folks,

I just got mine and am completely blown away!
The weight of it! The attention to detail!
It is one of the nicest toys in my collection!

Everyday when I arrive at work in the morning, I change his pose. I match the different facial expressions to the various hand gestures and then pose the body to compliment it. It is amazing! I may have to try some stop motion with it.

Back