Medicom Toy Exhibition 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock @ C3PO and R2D2. I believe Sideshow said that they were working on the duo as well. Hopefully they'll preview them before the Medicom's release so that I can make my decision.

20090620_2acb4bce1d5841194c71GdGyJf.jpg

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/redirect.php?tid=16302&goto=lastpost#lastpost

I really would have liked to have a Johnny Depp figure from Sleepy Hollow... But this isn't it. The likeness is more off than usual for Medicom. With all of the Depps Medicom has done in the past, you think they could sculpt his likeness in their sleep.

R2 reminds me a lot of the Kotobukiya - not sure if I like the sculpt on those small hatches on the body, looks more like paint - I prefer the Hasbro. C-3PO looks cool but I hoped it will be goldie/shiny, maybe it is because of crappy pics. Hoping for light (and maybe sound) too.
:r2d2line

Wow! Finally an updated Kaneda!!! That's one of their figures I've always wanted... but knew I'd never be able to find :rock :rock :rock

Looks fantastic and its a figure I have to own :rock Bike would be great, but I can live w/o it. Hope we see a Tetsuo :rock

C-3PO and R2 look pretty good to, but scale will be the issue on this one. If too small I'll pass, but they are in the same scale as the Clone Troopers I'll be in.

Once again, I REALLY wish Sideshow would import the Kamen Rider figures!!!! Kiva, Ryuki and Agito are sweeeeeet

KAAAAAAANEEEEEEEDAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! TEEEETSUOOOOOOOOOOO! KAAAAAANEEEEEEDAAAAA!

Sorry, I am just beside myself with happiness that they are doing the Kaneda figure from Akira again. I thought the exclusive from a few years ago was all I could hope for.

This is really Medicom firing at all cylinders. I love it when I see shots like that. It just makes it all the more frustrating to see how good they can be only to have their production screw up the final product after prototype.

Rarely do they miss with their anime figures though. I am extremely excited for that one.

Rarely do they miss with their anime figures though. I am extremely excited for that one.

Amen, Medi and Anime are great friends. Makes me wish I hadnt sold my FullMetal Ed and Al :monkey2 I'd actually like to see Medi take on Cowboy BeBop again then get adventurous and tackle Final Fantasy.

I really would have liked to have a Johnny Depp figure from Sleepy Hollow... But this isn't it. The likeness is more off than usual for Medicom. With all of the Depps Medicom has done in the past, you think they could sculpt his likeness in their sleep.

It's probably another case where they don't have likeness rights. That's the only reason I could see for it being so unlike Depp.

Kuuga Might Form and Ryuki both look really awesome.. Actually brings back a bit of nostagia from my childhood

I'm most excited about the Star Wars Kubs with the Empire and Jedi figures, and BAF Jabba and AT-ST Walker!!

Gonna cost an arm and a leg, but I'll pay it.

Ya know, the more I look at Kenada... the less I like him. Something about the style they've chosen doesn't seem to fit with how I think of the character.

I think the chin is too pointy and the expression doesn't really fit. I think I would have preferred something more stern or agressive. Everything else looks very nice... but (for now) I'm not really feeling the headsculpt.

Back