Syfy: Face Off 2 with POP Culture Shock Toys' Jerry Macaluso

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I didn't see that coming. I figured Athena was going.

I didn't either. I thought it would be Jerry. I have to say I'm glad it wasn't. I know people have been talking about him here in a negative light...but I'm rooting for him. I don't know if he'll make it to the end, but I was happy he didn't get eliminated tonight.

I thought Athena's design was just awful. Worst one in my opinion.

Wow, I didn't see that coming. I figured Athena was going.

I thought she was going home too, her design looked like a S&M Xena. And Jerry finishes at the bottom once again but at least this time they played someone else as the cocky old-timer. I liked Rayce's the most, his looked the most original compared to everyone else's.

s02_sc0204_06_132813691699___CC___685x386.jpg

I didn't either. I thought it would be Jerry. I have to say I'm glad it wasn't. I know people have been talking about him here in a negative light...but I'm rooting for him. I don't know if he'll make it to the end, but I was happy he didn't get eliminated tonight.

I thought Athena's design was just awful. Worst one in my opinion.

For being this "great artist" with "20 years in the biz" I've yet to see Jerry pull out anything remotely reflective of those claims. While I was hoping they'd send him home on a general principle standpoint, I'm glad to see they went with Athena. She was piggybacking off of everybody else since the season premiere and finally, when it comes time to shine, she puts teeth outside the mouth. :lol

For being this "great artist" with "20 years in the biz" I've yet to see Jerry pull out anything remotely reflective of those claims. While I was hoping they'd send him home on a general principle standpoint, I'm glad to see they went with Athena. She was piggybacking off of everybody else since the season premiere and finally, when it comes time to shine, she puts teeth outside the mouth. :lol

True, I haven't seen anything I've been overly impressed with either. For some reason I just really felt for him when he was standing there with the other 2 females, waiting to see who would get the ax. I really don't think he's going to get many more chances if he doesn't step it up. It's a shame he decided to try and do another latex mask, so last minute. I wonder if he had just focused on painting his original one, how it would have come out...if he had the skills to turn it into something good.

I think you meant Brea since she's the one that went home.

yea, I thought Athena's was the worst too, but Breas kinda just seemed like way too much blood and goop all over the place, and she didn't even get the anatomy of the teeth right. All Athena has is her painting. I liked the Frost looking one the most, but the bad edges and exposed neck area killed his chances of winning. I also really liked the razor blade doctor looking guy too, he would make a freaky movie monster.

I think some of you are missing the point why Jerry is even on there to begin with. If he had consistant experience for those 20 years, then he would've never made the show to begin with. As most of you know, he's been doing the PCS stuff for awhile. It really shows that he hasn't done this sort of thing in awhile, so I'm not surprised where he has been at in comparison to most of those ppl who have recent experience. I think Matt or that Becky chick will win it all. I think Matt has overall, better talent, but Becky is still very good, and she works really fast.

yea, I thought Athena's was the worst too, but Breas kinda just seemed like way too much blood and goop all over the place, and she didn't even get the anatomy of the teeth right. All Athena has is her painting. I liked the Frost looking one the most, but the bad edges and exposed neck area killed his chances of winning. I also really liked the razor blade doctor looking guy too, he would make a freaky movie monster.

I think some of you are missing the point why Jerry is even on there to begin with. If he had consistant experience for those 20 years, then he would've never made the show to begin with. As most of you know, he's been doing the PCS stuff for awhile. It really shows that he hasn't done this sort of thing in awhile, so I'm not surprised where he has been at in comparison to most of those ppl who have recent experience. I think Matt or that Becky chick will win it all. I think Matt has overall, better talent, but Becky is still very good, and she works really fast.

I think what some are trying to say is that Jerry talks a big game when he is on the show. Even in his comments at SF, he hints at how superior his skills (sculpting) are compared to everyone else on the show yet he hasn't really shown it and consistently ends at the bottom.

I understand what you are saying about Jerry. I just am not sure about whether or not Jerry would be on the show if he had consistent experience for 20 years. The winner of season 1 had 20+ years experience and it didn't stop them from putting him on. :dunno

I forgot about that, and I think it was a mistake putting Connor on there cause he was so far above everyone else. I think he won almost every single challenge.

I forgot about that, and I think it was a mistake putting Connor on there cause he was so far above everyone else. I think he won almost every single challenge.

Yeah...he was leagues ahead of everyone else. It really wasn't fair for the other contestants.

What I don't get is that Jerry is this experienced artist, yet he came across as this green guy. When lights were mentioned he felt all pressured to have lights.

completely different ball game in the movie business though. I don't think he is very good at coming up with great ideas quickly, and you have to be fast. He is a great artist, but it's obvious that he is better fit in the business he's in.

What I don't get is that Jerry is this experienced artist, yet he came across as this green guy. When lights were mentioned he felt all pressured to have lights.

You have to keep in mind, Jerry hasn't done this type of "art" in almost 20 years. During that time, most of his work has been sculpting figures and statues and running his own businesses.

You have to keep in mind, Jerry hasn't done this type of "art" in almost 20 years.

:confused:

He's credited for "Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell" as a special makeup effects artist. And that was in 2007. I know the majority of his resume is "Supervisor/Designer" positions but that 2007 credit isn't. So how is a 5 year gap suddenly 20 years!?

He's credited for "Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell" as a special makeup effects artist. And that was in 2007. I know the majority of his resume is "Supervisor/Designer" positions but that 2007 credit isn't. So how is a 5 year gap suddenly 20 years!?

Didn't realize how much involved in movies he was until I looked him up.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0531218/

That's just what I had heard. I think what was meant by 20 years is that Jerry did a lot less since starting SOTA back in 1993 and predominantly was focused on sculpting the toys and statues.

Don't have a favorite yet, but it's not Jerry. Lol since the show started he's been in bottom since day one. We'll see how far he makes it.

Back