Syfy: Face Off 2 with POP Culture Shock Toys' Jerry Macaluso

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I just finished getting caught up, with the 'aging' challenge episode.

All-in-all, I agree that Jerry and Sue were the top two, but I honestly think Jerry put out the better result. (Both were great, though.)

I guess I just believed Jerry's work more, in the sense that it looked more like a 100 year than Sue's.

Can't wait for next week.

Thanks

After that episode I felt validated as old age and character makeups are by far the hardest thing to do well, even if the general public wouldnt understand that.

The funny thing to me is reading the various forums and how when i screwed up my name was dropping like bombs as sucking and being the worst, etc....then after I kick ass on the toughest challenge there is not a peep on the forums about it. Its all about how bad Bekis and heathers was.

So what I learned from this sociological experiment is that people really only want to talk about the negative...not the positive.

What is it they say about watching a good train wreck ?

:D

I also think your work on this challenge was the best. I also have noticed that they laid off you coming off as an ass. Which is good because I don't want to dislike you.

Don't get me wrong your skills are far beyond anything I could do, but you have finally shown the skills that match the bravado this show has lit on you.:clap

I also think your work on this challenge was the best. I also have noticed that they laid off you coming off as an ass. Which is good because I don't want to dislike you.

Don't get me wrong your skills are far beyond anything I could do, but you have finally shown the skills that match the bravado this show has lit on you.:clap

Its interesting and sometimes annoying how they edit everyone. There is certainly an agenda to create characters and drama.

Truth is we all got along really well after the first episode learning curve. Of course there were some moments of tension, between Beki and Miranda, between Sue and Beki, between Tara and Sue, but they were very short lived and everyone was back to laughing and joking once the stress of the situation subsided.

They are really making Sue look bad now...its a bit unfair. Same as the did with me and Beki earlier on.

I was also annoyed at how incompetent they made Athena look.

I think that is true -for shows like this. Because it's a contest with weekly eliminations. That tends to be more of the focus, I suppose. Justifying who was let go - or arguing if you felt some one else should have gone home instead. As it gets closer to the final - I'm sure people will start picking who they think will take it all -and then conversation will probably be more positive because we will have seen more work from everyone that we can compare. I also think people tend to chime in with who they think should have been sent home AND who they think had the best piece for the challenge. That's my take on it anyway. :lol

I think it goes beyond just shows like this. Just look at most of the threads in the different sections. There is always 90% hate and 10% love on any new item that comes out.

It seems that some people just think that the cool thing to do on the internet is to hate on things.

I think it goes beyond just shows like this. Just look at most of the threads in the different sections. There is always 90% hate and 10% love on any new item that comes out.

It seems that some people just think that the cool thing to do on the internet is to hate on things.

Well said.

Even if something is bad, I try to at least point out something good about it. (And 9 times out of 10 that shouldn't be a problem.) I'm all about constructive criticism, but I think I read more plain ol' or negative criticism rather than anything else.

After seeing 1 episode of this, I went and watched the entire first season. This show is very interesting, love the drama too haha...

I thought it was a travesty that Jerry went home over Sue. Yea, the paint sucked, but at least the whole thing fit together. All Sue did was make a mask that didn't match the concept and threw on a fur coat and boots :slap. It was a toss up between Tara and Jerry, but I don't know what the judges were thinking, Sue's was by far the worst out of all of them.

I thought it was a travesty that Jerry went home over Sue. Yea, the paint sucked, but at least the whole thing fit together. All Sue did was make a mask that didn't match the concept and threw on a fur coat and boots :slap. It was a toss up between Tara and Jerry, but I don't know what the judges were thinking, Sue's was by far the worst out of all of them.

I agree, Sue should have went home instead if it was based solely on this week's challenge. But like Jerry said, the contestants are judged based on a curve. They expected more out of Jerry given his experience.

Well, I was only following this show because Jerry was on it. Now I don't have much to look forward to anymore :gah:

Damn, that was shocking.

I must ask, why are they keeping Sue around exactly? I don't get it.

The Judges definitely got it right this week with Matt, Rayce, and RJ. And although, I'm pulling for Rayce in the long run, RJ's BellHop was spot on Burton and the model really sold it. Matt's Ice Cream man was also great.

Sue, will be gone next week. She really isn't up to par with the others. Kinda suprised that Becki went this week, but she made some strange decisions. Nice 20:1 cupcake tho' :rotfl

What was with Sue having the model do some of the work? Not professional at all, rather desperate.

The other work was quite stellar.

Sue, will be gone next week. She really isn't up to par with the others. Kinda suprised that Becki went this week, but she made some strange decisions. Nice 20:1 cupcake tho' :rotfl

What was with Sue having the model do some of the work? Not professional at all, rather desperate.

The other work was quite stellar.

Sue's character looked like it came from this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYgFV_dfQWc&feature=fvst[/ame]

Sue's character looked like it came from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYgFV_dfQWc&feature=fvst

I remember having nightmares after watching the first one as a kid but when they started going into the hood and space....:cuckoo:

The top two were definitely RJ's bellhop and Rayce's cellist. I thought RJ's came out on top only by a little because his looked more Burtonesque while Rayce's reminded me of something from Pan's Labyrinth instead.

Damn, that was shocking.

I must ask, why are they keeping Sue around exactly? I don't get it.

The Judges definitely got it right this week with Matt, Rayce, and RJ. And although, I'm pulling for Rayce in the long run, RJ's BellHop was spot on Burton and the model really sold it. Matt's Ice Cream man was also great.

yea, I thought Matt and Rayce had slightly better designs then RJ, but being that RJ's model did an excellent job actually playing the character, I thought RJ would've taken it, his model could've played that charcater in a film for sure, but I guess all 3 could've. By far, that was the best episode of well done charcaters imo.

yea, I thought Matt and Rayce had slightly better designs then RJ, but being that RJ's model did an excellent job actually playing the character, I thought RJ would've taken it, his model could've played that charcater in a film for sure, but I guess all 3 could've. By far, that was the best episode of well done charcaters imo.

Everyone is sure stepping it up a notch. I know the show strives on some of the drama but allowing the contestants to work individually on challenges certainly allow them to show their strengths. Their weaknesses are also apparent and they can't point fingers at anyone else either. It's a better approach to gauge someone's talent and makes it more fair for the judges to determine eliminations IMO.

The finale should be pretty good; I agree with the three picked by the judges. I was expecting Matt to go all the way, but he really didn't do his best work with his dino guy.

Back