Syfy: Face Off 2 with POP Culture Shock Toys' Jerry Macaluso

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured who went home was going home. I think Sue and Jerry did do the best, this week. Then again I don't think Ian's was that bad either, and would say the guy team had the most successful transition between the three.

Damn, what a hard challenge that turned out to be. I thought Sue and Jerry did the best as well. I'm not sure what to think of Sue yet....she seems to either be really good or really bad. She did a great job in the last challenge though, especially since I think she had to do all the painting for it in the last hour.

I'm not surprised that Heather was sent home - though I personally thought Beki had the worst out of the bunch this time.

Damn, what a hard challenge that turned out to be. I thought Sue and Jerry did the best as well. I'm not sure what to think of Sue yet....she seems to either be really good or really bad. She did a great job in the last challenge though, especially since I think she had to do all the painting for it in the last hour.

I'm not surprised that Heather was sent home - though I personally thought Beki had the worst out of the bunch this time.

Yeah, although, something tells me she will win it all.

Is it me or does the excitement of the show seem to always decline towards the end of an episode. I don't know if its a lack of an in-stage audience, the echo of a few claps by the other losing contestants, or the music.

I'm not looking for fireworks or confetti at the end of American Idol or screaming and grunting at the weigh in of the Biggest Loser but it just feels like the show is lacking something towards the end of an episode. Maybe its the person winning the event actually wins NOTHING but a pat on the back from the judges and fake smiles and forced claps by the other contestants.

I thought Jerry was robbed this week. His old lady looked the most natural out of all of them. Really nice work!

I finally got a chance to view the challenge tonight.
Here's my thoughts:

I think that Sue's and Jerry's work were the top two.
I agree with the judges that Sue's old man was the winner. I felt that it was the most convincing because the makeup was just awesome. So good, it looked like the actor wasn't wearing any.

I do believe, however, that Jerry's old lady was very close. In fact, I believe he had the better sculpt. Making the folds under the neck [I would imagine] is incredibly difficult and Jerry's prosthetic pulled it off perfectly. I'm not sure why the judges were criticizing Jerry's makeup/coloring. I think it's just not the same seeing it on TV as it is in person.

If I were to pick a 'team' winner it would definitely be the team of Jerry, Rayce, and Ian. The transition from old-older-oldest was executed very well. In other words, if I saw only pictures, I would believe that this was just one guy at 3 different times in his life.

Now on to the losers. Yes, loser. I do believe this event had two losers.
Becki's and Heather's creations were absolutely horrid. Notice that they both created this fold at the sides of the mouth. The 'smile' line, if you will. The folds were incredibly thick on both models and the skin too smooth. The end result looked like a person that was melting. Surprisingly, the middle-aged (the 75-year old) model looked younger than the 50-year old.
It appears the team was not collaborating very well together and worked independently of each other.

Yeah, although, something tells me she will win it all.

I think it will be between her and Matt, with Matt taking it all, he has been the most consistant. And this week, even though Becki could've been booted, I think they take into consideration their past challenges as well.

I finally got a chance to view the challenge tonight.
Here's my thoughts:

I think that Sue's and Jerry's work were the top two.
I agree with the judges that Sue's old man was the winner. I felt that it was the most convincing because the makeup was just awesome. So good, it looked like the actor wasn't wearing any.

I do believe, however, that Jerry's old lady was very close. In fact, I believe he had the better sculpt. Making the folds under the neck [I would imagine] is incredibly difficult and Jerry's prosthetic pulled it off perfectly. I'm not sure why the judges were criticizing Jerry's makeup/coloring. I think it's just not the same seeing it on TV as it is in person.

If I were to pick a 'team' winner it would definitely be the team of Jerry, Rayce, and Ian. The transition from old-older-oldest was executed very well. In other words, if I saw only pictures, I would believe that this was just one guy at 3 different times in his life.

Now on to the losers. Yes, loser. I do believe this event had two losers.
Becki's and Heather's creations were absolutely horrid. Notice that they both created this fold at the sides of the mouth. The 'smile' line, if you will. The folds were incredibly thick on both models and the skin too smooth. The end result looked like a person that was melting. Surprisingly, the middle-aged (the 75-year old) model looked younger than the 50-year old.
It appears the team was not collaborating very well together and worked independently of each other.

While Sue's was great (it did look very natural), I just think that Jerry's sculpt was more impressive. I didn't get the coloring comments either. :dunno

I was surprised by how bad Becki's looked considering how well she's done in past challenges.

I think it will be between her and Matt, with Matt taking it all, he has been the most consistant. And this week, even though Becki could've been booted, I think they take into consideration their past challenges as well.

I think Rayce is better then Matt. So I think its between Rayce and Beki.

Jerry, like I said, I think your sulpt was the superior of the two. Well done.

Oh, and the prostitute with the tat......very bold and the judge loved it too. :lol :clap

Jerry, like I said, I think your sulpt was the superior of the two. Well done.

Oh, and the prostitute with the tat......very bold and the judge loved it too. :lol :clap

Thanks

After that episode I felt validated as old age and character makeups are by far the hardest thing to do well, even if the general public wouldnt understand that.

The funny thing to me is reading the various forums and how when i screwed up my name was dropping like bombs as sucking and being the worst, etc....then after I kick ass on the toughest challenge there is not a peep on the forums about it. Its all about how bad Bekis and heathers was.

So what I learned from this sociological experiment is that people really only want to talk about the negative...not the positive.

What is it they say about watching a good train wreck ?

:D

Thanks

After that episode I felt validated as old age and character makeups are by far the hardest thing to do well, even if the general public wouldnt understand that.

The funny thing to me is reading the various forums and how when i screwed up my name was dropping like bombs as sucking and being the worst, etc....then after I kick ass on the toughest challenge there is not a peep on the forums about it. Its all about how bad Bekis and heathers was.

So what I learned from this sociological experiment is that people really only want to talk about the negative...not the positive.

What is it they say about watching a good train wreck ?

:D

I think that is true -for shows like this. Because it's a contest with weekly eliminations. That tends to be more of the focus, I suppose. Justifying who was let go - or arguing if you felt some one else should have gone home instead. As it gets closer to the final - I'm sure people will start picking who they think will take it all -and then conversation will probably be more positive because we will have seen more work from everyone that we can compare. I also think people tend to chime in with who they think should have been sent home AND who they think had the best piece for the challenge. That's my take on it anyway. :lol

I just started watching this show because of this thread. So far I'm really enjoying it. Looking to get caught up soon and join the conversation!

Jerry, REALLY nice work!

Back