Syfy: Face Off 2 with POP Culture Shock Toys' Jerry Macaluso

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Syfy: Face Off 2 Season Premiere

Jerry's curse was broken. Finally he's in the bottom and the person partnered with him didn't go home. :lol

I'm surprised they didn't do hip-hop clothing on the girl doing the graffiti. If they'd gone that route, and done a highly elaborate tag on the wall and man, I bet they'd have won. :(

I agree, such a good concept that went to waste.

The one with the elephant looks like the dude is about to "surprise" that poor elephant.

And the bush guy looks like a rapist about to jump out and attack the rollerblader. That grin on his face doesn't help either.

Jerry's comments on SF about this week's episode.

There really wasnt much more to it than what was shown.

Brea's model told us he was out partying all night and never went to sleep...so of course you combine that with being covered in latex and paint and you arent going to feel very good.

I think Tara dodged a bullet and was surprised Miranda went home over her. Im glad they showed me telling tara that it wasnt working and should have been in color.

I had never done bodypainting like that before so I was happy enough with how it came out and the judges said (though they didnt show it on the episode) that we were on the bottom solely because of Tara. Glenn does say 'it was lopsided' which was part of them saying mine was fine but Tara's was awful.

One thing I still dont understand is why in the pictures of my body makeup everything is washed out and the blacks look light grey. If you look at it in the video while Im painting, the shadows were black. I guess the photographer used too much flash or something...

On a happier note, Tara, Miranda and Ian all watched the episode at my house last night and we gave Miranda a 'going away' cake.

My personal favorite was RJs but his model could never hold the pose long enough to line up with the background.

Next week is...interesting.

I'm starting to agree with most that Jerry continues to produce sub-par work yet makes grand claims about his skills. Hope he can live up to his words with next week's challenge since that SHOULD be his forte.

just got into this show pretty damn good

surprisei.jpg

The elephant one was a weird concept, but it they executed it very well.

Btw, as an artist, should she've really been that freaked out about naked people?

The elephant one was a weird concept, but it they executed it very well.

Btw, as an artist, should she've really been that freaked out about naked people?

I found the reaction rather odd as well. Most students going into any field of art take some sort of drawing class with models. Perhaps she's self taught and has never taken any formal training.

From SF

I know enough about reality tv to know the basic editing technique is to choose a particular part of ones personality to exaggerate. I also know that every reality show needs a 'villain'.

Im a very confident person with a lot more experience than anyone else on the show. During my interviews it was obvious they enjoyed that part of my personality, so I knew thats what they would make my role.

I was fine with it as the entire fx/toy industry already knows me and wont base their opinions of me on a tv show.

Didn't know Jerry was so popular :huh

Back