1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS Blade Hunter Agent K (PO up end of January)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SUPERMAD TOYS Agent K (PO up end of January)

View attachment 391693
Looks like different sculpt based on same reference still photo.
left one has Better likeness, but less detailed (yet)

Agree. Look at the chin. There’s a big difference there. They might have used it as reference, but it’s not the same sculpt.

Chin is slightly different because of added facial hair.
The rest is due to the angles and lighting.

Pretty sure the one on the left is different. Cheeks/chin/eyes, even the shape of the ears are a bit different.

SUPERMAD TOYS Agent K (PO up end of January)

The difference in the chin and cheeks is not because of the added facial hair alone.... Again, they have probably used it as reference, and might even have used some of it directly, but there are significant differences.

Last edited:

There's also some serious lens distortion with the HT pic. The head is actually a lot wider than that, and wider than the new head appears to be from every angle I've seen of it.

This is more what the HT actually looks like.

s-l1600 (447x600).jpg

It seems pretty obvious that it's not the Hot Toys sculpt when you compare the initial sculpt just compared to what they will print for the final production. It looks great so fardeckard.jpg

Looks more like Josh Lucas than Ryan Gosling.

Looks more like Harrison Ford than Ryan Gosling.

Buyin' a figure is easy, unlike making one via custom means. I'm glad someone is making this. I had an urge to kitbash something but really didn't want to spend time and money on it. :)

The headsculpts leave a lot to be desired though.

I can't tell is it a modded recast of a HT head sculpt or their original. None the less it does look awesome.
I hope these Blade Runner figures sell well for them, So hopefully they came make ones from the original movie as well.

It does sell well!

They're only making 300 of them and they've announced they've already sold them all. A few are remaining at KG hobby.
It's probably true because when they said so for their 52 Joker, it was still up for sale for about a week then it was over.

As for making one from the original movie, I think there's a strong possibility, but they seem to have changed their mind on this. When they started to show the first little bits of K, someone asked if they had plans to make Deckard from the original movie and they said no.

Then recently, when started to show old Deckard, someone asked again and this time the reply was something like "I love BR, so maybe yes". So there's hope!

Blade Runner figure threads are all messed up in a weird way

• Blackbox Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER" thread is in the General Collectibles - Action Figures section by itself
  • 1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049 is in Aliens & Robots-Action Figures section, but Agent K is dusccused
  • 1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the Agent K 2049 is in here, but old detective is mainly dusccused

Total Chaos here..LOL

Total Chaos here..LOL

Welcome to Sideshow Freaks!
Please, check out board rules and Code of Conduct before posting.
And don't forget to buy PREMIUN MEMBERSHIP!

Are you not following any of the threads that start with a discussion of a companies release only to have it taken over by discussion of the knock offs? :slap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back