1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS Blade Hunter Agent K (PO up end of January)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome ! Definitely seeing that the SuperMad version is the better one. Like that they went the extra mile on the gun grip.

il_570xN.1347176326_msmp.jpg

while a side by side comparison is good i think it's not professional to compare your product with another artists product just to show off your product's superiority. i mean if a 3rd party did the comparison it'd be all good.

Yeah I agree. Retail release vs likely a prototype. If anything is subpar to their comparison shots, I’d anticipate some backlash.

Agree as well. Also the fact that you compare a proto to a production piece is just not very smart. Also he has a way of making the Black Box version look really ****. [emoji6] ...I believe that the Supermad Toys version will be superior, but the B.B. really doesn’t look that bad after a bid of futzing.

i don't know, i think while supermad has better paint, black box sculpt feels more Goslingly. also supermad shoulder looks abit wide, Gosling suppose to be narrow shoulder?

i don't know, i think while supermad has better paint, black box sculpt feels more Goslingly. also supermad shoulder looks abit wide, Gosling suppose to be narrow shoulder?

EXACTLY! I thought I was the only one here who felt so...while both sculpts are a tad off in likeness, I got the BB one on grounds that the head sculpt was relatively closer in comparison to the Supermad one. It seems to me that Supermad didn't grasp the likeness at all, despite having a somewhat better quality paint and costume.

Most likely picking the Supermad fig up in addition to the BB one I have. Supermad's gonna serve as the costume/accessories because I really felt the head did not look like Gosling at all...

EXACTLY! I thought I was the only one here who felt so...while both sculpts are a tad off in likeness, I got the BB one on grounds that the head sculpt was relatively closer in comparison to the Supermad one. It seems to me that Supermad didn't grasp the likeness at all, despite having a somewhat better quality paint and costume.

Most likely picking the Supermad fig up in addition to the BB one I have. Supermad's gonna serve as the costume/accessories because I really felt the head did not look like Gosling at all...

It's the same frustrating situation as it was with the Tom Hardy Mad Max figures offered by two companies in 2016. Back then I was one of the few that preferred the ART Mad Racer version because its likeness captured Tom Hardy's performance better. It managed to translate his character into toy form. Yet, I ended up being frustrated with it after owning it a couple of months because it only looked like Hardy when you lit him from the front.
To me the VTS sculpt was really generic, hardly and Hardy in it- yet the tailoring was better. ART got the fabric's color and texture down more accurately, though.

With these Officer K figures it is a similar situation. Black Box definitely captured the character and likeness, but the paintjob on the eyebrows is bringing it down.
Supermad Toys did a better job on the outfit and the accessories.

BTW, anyone know any European stores that sell Supermad toys?

The first
rule of Unlicensed Club is: You do not talk about where to buy figures.

The second rule of
Unlicensed Club is: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT WHERE TO BUY FIGURES!

Third rule of Unlicensed Club: Sideshow yells stop, the thread goes limp, taps out, the thread is over.

:monkey3

It's the same frustrating situation as it was with the Tom Hardy Mad Max figures offered by two companies in 2016. Back then I was one of the few that preferred the ART Mad Racer version because its likeness captured Tom Hardy's performance better. It managed to translate his character into toy form. Yet, I ended up being frustrated with it after owning it a couple of months because it only looked like Hardy when you lit him from the front.
To me the VTS sculpt was really generic, hardly and Hardy in it- yet the tailoring was better. ART got the fabric's color and texture down more accurately, though.

With these Officer K figures it is a similar situation. Black Box definitely captured the character and likeness, but the paintjob on the eyebrows is bringing it down.
Supermad Toys did a better job on the outfit and the accessories.

but IMO both SM & BB doesn't give the Blade Runner Feel as much as Arts & VTS Max. something is lacking and i don't know what. is it the body proportion is way off for Gosling? Is it the generic paint job? I don't know.

while Arts & VTS aren't really close to original you know it's Mad Max. combine both together you get best of both world. put them stock and they have their own style.

to be honest i don't know which parts are best from SM & BB. coz they looked so similar.

With this release coming soon I really hope someone decides to do a better Ryan Gosling sculpt for an affordable price.

Unless of course they make some tweaks to this one between proto and series figures. That would be awesome !! They did extend the release date. But in reality I doubt they'll touch the headsculpt.

Did you miss out on the Jnix sculpt? That seems to be the best option right now.

The first
rule of Unlicensed Club is: You do not talk about where to buy figures.

The second rule of
Unlicensed Club is: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT WHERE TO BUY FIGURES!

Third rule of Unlicensed Club: Sideshow yells stop, the thread goes limp, taps out, the thread is over.

:monkey3

I see- Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back