1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS Blade Hunter Agent K (PO up end of January)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SUPERMAD TOYS Agent K (PO up end of January)

PO'd. Not 100% sure on this, I actually haven't seen 2049 yet - own it, twice actually with my Mondo steelbook coming from Italy - but I would rather be ahead and get one than have it sell out and be a royal PITA to get when/if I end up loving it.

Preordered from KG using the registered, non EMS shipping option.
Hopefully that was not a mistake.
I've got 2 figures via regular shipp from them.
Of course I'm in Russia, which isn't far from their country...

PO'd. Not 100% sure on this, I actually haven't seen 2049 yet - own it, twice actually with my Mondo steelbook coming from Italy - but I would rather be ahead and get one than have it sell out and be a royal PITA to get when/if I end up loving it.
I highly recommend it. I didn't even care that much for the original and I still loved this. Its a visual masterpiece that you can really feel for how much care and love went into it.
So many filmmakers can learn a thing or two from how this film came together.

I highly recommend it. I didn't even care that much for the original and I still loved this. Its a visual masterpiece that you can really feel for how much care and love went into it.

Yeah I agree on all fronts. I think the first is a bit slow at times (although ironically that’s why some people hate this one) but I think 2049 is at the level I expected the original to be at based on how much people loved that. Not to mention it has no right to be as good as it is considering it’s a sequel coming 30 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome - I'm super psyched to hear that. I love cyberpunk things in general so I already have a pretty big bias going in. To have reinforcement that it's a quality film is even better. I admittedly watched the first one just a few weeks back and while I can very much appreciate it and love the world, it didn't capture me as much as I had thought based on what I hear from people. It does make you think though. The problem for this probably stems from the fact that SO much has done Blade Runner style since Blade Runner that, to late adopters, it's not so fresh.
Yeah I agree on all fronts. I think the first is a bit slow at times (although ironically that’s why some people hate this one) but I think 2049 is at the level I expected the original to be at based on how much people loved that. Not to mention it has no right to be as good as it is considering it’s a sequel coming 30 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your last statement reminds me of what I continue to say about Mad Max Fury Road, and that in my eyes it surpasses the original, as it is what I always imagined the first to be like before seeing it.

Awesome - I'm super psyched to hear that. I love cyberpunk things in general so I already have a pretty big bias going in. To have reinforcement that it's a quality film is even better. I admittedly watched the first one just a few weeks back and while I can very much appreciate it and love the world, it didn't capture me as much as I had thought based on what I hear from people. It does make you think though. The problem for this probably stems from the fact that SO much has done Blade Runner style since Blade Runner that, to late adopters, it's not so fresh. Your last statement reminds me of what I continue to say about Mad Max Fury Road, and that in my eyes it surpasses the original, as it is what I always imagined the first to be like before seeing it.

To me nothing can surpass the original BR, but 2049 is up there. It couldn’t be any better - another masterpiece by Villeneuve!
I totally agree about Fury Road. It’s a masterpiece too - maybe the best action movie ever made - and for me it far surpasses the originals - even Road Warrior.

To me nothing can surpass the original BR, but 2049 is up there. It couldn’t be any better - another masterpiece by Villeneuve!
I totally agree about Fury Road. It’s a masterpiece too - maybe the best action movie ever made - and for me it far surpasses the originals - even Road Warrior.

Absolutely. The original is unbeatable.

I was worried about 2049 as it had the potential to taint the original but it is an incredible and deserving sequel that, dare I say, actually enhances the original.

A masterpiece. My steel book blu Ray arrived early before Monday's UK release so I will be watching it this afternoon.

2049 is a beautifully made movie that continues the story in a great way, but to me still just doesn't feel nearly as original or unique as the 1982 film. And of course it also helps that Harrison Ford makes for a much more compelling lead, and that I found the mystery surrounding Deckard and his true nature so much more interesting than the one surrounding Gosling's character.

Ok after rewatching the movie I guess I'm gonna have to go for this one over the BlackBox after all. Design of the coat is a lot more accurate, the pants are the right color, and of course it comes with a lot more accessories. I can always darken and weather the coat with pastels or something if need be.

And wow, I took at look at the Deckard they're working on and the sculpt is absolutely phenomenal! Even blows away the HT TFA Han in my opinion.

26904595_1840703226227257_3462531405579869919_n (451x600).jpg

26196384_1835744343389812_4995892128357311891_n (600x371).jpg

Ok after rewatching the movie I guess I'm gonna have to go for this one over the BlackBox after all. Design of the coat is a lot more accurate, the pants are the right color, and of course it comes with a lot more accessories. I can always darken and weather the coat with pastels or something if need be.

And wow, I took at look at the Deckard they're working on and the sculpt is absolutely phenomenal! Even blows away the HT TFA Han in my opinion.

View attachment 391547

View attachment 391548

I can't tell is it a modded recast of a HT head sculpt or their original. None the less it does look awesome.
I hope these Blade Runner figures sell well for them, So hopefully they came make ones from the original movie as well.

Yes, it IS the HT's TFA Han Solo head with resculpted hair style, ears and added facial hair.
If I needed one I def wouldn't give a crap tho, it looks great and that's all that matters.

Nah I compared it with my TFA Han and there are numerous differences. The HT head is wider, a lot more jowly, with narrower eyes, deeper lines in the face, and an overall meaner looking expression.

Nah I compared it with my TFA Han and there are numerous differences. The HT head is wider, a lot more jowly, with narrower eyes, deeper lines in the face, and an overall meaner looking expression.

I agree, there was a picture of the HT FA Han posted in the tread for the Old Detective figure they’re making and there is a noticeable difference.

From what I can see, I’d argue that this sculpt has slightly better likeness than hot toys Han.

HFhead.jpg
Looks like different sculpt based on same reference still photo.
left one has Better likeness, but less detailed (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back