Supergirl Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few observations I had about tonight's episode:

1. Why in the hell would the entire structural integrity of a 30 story office building be tired entirely to a two foot thick support column in the parking garage? Which Luthor Corp (sorry, L-Corp *shudders*) architect designed this and got it approved?

2. Why is it that a government organization that routinely deals with top secret and above material has their one-room headquarters in the middle of a busy city with no entry control and a front wall made entirely of glass?

3. What exactly are the cw editors doing to Cat Grant's face? Looks like they are trying to polish some of the wrinkles off of her in post production, but the effect is so pronounced that it ends up looking like one of those cop shows where they blur out the suspect's face.

A few observations I had about tonight's episode:

1. Why in the hell would the entire structural integrity of a 30 story office building be tired entirely to a two foot thick support column in the parking garage? Which Luthor Corp (sorry, L-Corp *shudders*) architect designed this and got it approved?

2. Why is it that a government organization that routinely deals with top secret and above material has their one-room headquarters in the middle of a busy city with no entry control and a front wall made entirely of glass?

3. What exactly are the cw editors doing to Cat Grant's face? Looks like they are trying to polish some of the wrinkles off of her in post production, but the effect is so pronounced that it ends up looking like one of those cop shows where they blur out the suspect's face.

You forgot Kara and Clark openly talking out loud in public about being superheroes while people are walking by them.

Yeah That bothered me too. If I'm walking down the street and I hear someone say they were Superman. I would pay attention.

And when I saw that heck they sure do look like Superman and Supergirl I might think they in fact were Superman and Supergirl.

I saw tonight's episode. Man, this show is cheesy as hell :lol The fights were hilariously cheesy, Supergirl's sister escaping the bad guys was hilariously bad, and then Jimmy Olsen getting the greatest job promotion in the history of jobs was the cherry on top of the cheese cake :lol

Not that bad. I can't stand the nerdy quipy character. I hate him so much that my brain refuses to memorize his name. There can only be one Cisco, and he ain't it. I'm going to miss Latino Supes, although I'm sure he'll return at some point during the season. Cadmus created two Metallos in a matter of days, that was ridiculous! So was the anonymous esque video hijacking all the broadcasts. I might watch the next episode to find out who this other kryptonian is.

Not that bad. I can't stand the nerdy quipy character. I hate him so much that my brain refuses to memorize his name. There can only be one Cisco, and he ain't it. I'm going to miss Latino Supes, although I'm sure he'll return at some point during the season. Cadmus created two Metallos in a matter of days, that was ridiculous! So was the anonymous esque video hijacking all the broadcasts. I might watch the next episode to find out who this other kryptonian is.

El Supermacho is gone :lol Anyway, that nerdy quipy guy used to work with Kara in the first season, right? I only saw two episodes of the first season, and I remember him working for the newspaper...company. How did he become the tech guy for a super secret organization?

I treat this as a comic book in the 80s before Byrne, quite enjoyable for a that simpler era. I'll miss Supes in this series, he's funny, hopefully he gets to visit Flash soon.

This series is a guilty pleasure. What I like about SG and Flash is that both series capture the optimism of the DC comics of the 70s/80s/90s, so I'm glad there's a separation between the cinematic and TV universes. I was surprised how much I liked the TV Superman. Easily the best comic portrayal since Reeve. But it is definitely TV-level entertainment. I still like Cavill as cinematic Superman, and hoping they'll get their act together for JL.

As for the series itself, SG needs a rogues gallery and a decent recurring supervillain. There was a rumor last year that one of the CW series would feature the Legion of Superheroes. Supergirl makes the most sense since the character has been on the team, they showed the Legion ring, and Mon-El has landed. If the series does do a 30th century timejump I hope it's for at least a 2-episode arc and they show a good number of classic Legionnaires in Cockrum/Byrne inspired costumes. After Season 3, Arrow has been something of a chore and I never finished the final few first season episodes of LoT because I lost interest. Maybe the retooled S2 Legends will be better but I think the problem may be with the overall premise. I would have preferred to see either a JSA series that included Hawkman & Hawkgirl (with better casting), or a Teen Titans series (Robin, Speedy, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Aqualad and a couple of others) where the mentors were kept in the shadows similar to how SG treated SM in the first season. The sidekicks could then mature into Nightwing, Arsenal,Tempest, etc. in yr 3. CW could certainly keep this all going for at least 3-4 more years, provided the writing and production values were good.

I have not watched every episode of the show..did they get rid of Cat/Ally McBeal aka:Calista?

If so big mistake.She was very good as Cat Grant and she and Melissa played off each other very well in the series,I thought.Loved seeing Lynda Carter in the episode.Damn' she is still a beauty.

I have not watched every episode of the show..did they get rid of Cat/Ally McBeal aka:Calista?

If so big mistake.She was very good as Cat Grant and she and Melissa played off each other very well in the series,I thought.Loved seeing Lynda Carter in the episode.Damn' she is still a beauty.

When the show went to the CW network, it moved to Vancouver with the rest of the CW superhero productions, Calista dint want to move there so they removed her from the show respectfully , she will probably show up again, but its a hell of a plane trip to film her scenes so its understandable that she would be removed from the show eventually, sadly it happened in ep 2 of this season.

It's a shame they essentially written Calista out because I really enjoyed her on the show. Hopefully she'll be able to pop in here and there when she is able to.

That said, yesterday's episode was freaking awesome! Loved the WW Easter eggs. And holy crap at the reveal in the end. 3 episodes in and Supergirl is my favourite of the CW shows thus far. A real jump in quality from S1 IMO. Can't wait to see the Metabrawl episode next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the show went to the CW network, it moved to Vancouver with the rest of the CW superhero productions, Calista dint want to move there so they removed her from the show respectfully , she will probably show up again, but its a hell of a plane trip to film her scenes so its understandable that she would be removed from the show eventually, sadly it happened in ep 2 of this season.

Wow' appreciate the info.

I really hope she returns.But the way they made her disappear so instantly looks like that is not going to happen.And Olsen is no way going to be as good as Cat in that role.The whole dynamic will change.I'M actually Bummed.

https://www.facebook.com/YesThatKevinSmith/videos/10153847952431930/

behind the scenes look at the flying stuff with kev smith ,caution features his "hilarious " sweary way of talking :thud:

I treat this as a comic book in the 80s before Byrne, quite enjoyable for a that simpler era. I'll miss Supes in this series, he's funny, hopefully he gets to visit Flash soon.

A "Fastest Man Alive" episode would be neat, but they're in different universes so it would be hard to make that work.

I haven't followed this except for Arrowverse crossovers, with it moving to CW whats the story with not having a combined universe via Flashpoint? Just too much trouble weaving the universes into something coherent?

Back