Supergirl Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that looks bad, and the actor doesn't look too good either, but from the little I've seen, I feel like we really have Superman on screen this time. I think Cavill looks great, and I like the movies, but the lack of Superman-ness because of the writing added to yet another non-Superman suit makes him look like a totally different character.

Here, at least, he seems to act as Superman.

I want to like this show. It has some good qualities and there are moments where I think I can get into it, and then it just loses me completely with lazy writing. Maybe I'll watch one more episode before I dismiss it, at least until the crossover event.

I saw the first CW episode, and it was ok. The new Sups feels like the traditional version of the character. He looks a bit small next to...everyone, even Super Girl, but he's likable and it goes to show how easy it is to play Superman. The costume doesn't look that bad, but it does look like a tv suit :lol

I liked when he saved a family and the kid was like, "that was awesome!" and Sups winked at them, and then the dad was like, "we should go back to gotham." :D

Super girl and Jimmy Olsen don't have a lot of chemistry, imo. They need to end that ASAP. She has wayyy more chemistry with Barry Allen.

As for the rest of the episode, it's like any other CW show. I'll keep watching the show.

I saw the first CW episode, and it was ok. The new Sups feels like the traditional version of the character. He looks a bit small next to...everyone, even Super Girl, but he's likable and it goes to show how easy it is to play Superman. The costume doesn't look that bad, but it does look like a tv suit :lol

I liked when he save a family and the kid was like, "that was awesome!" and Sups winked at them, and then the dad is like, "we should go back to gotham." :D

Super girl and Jimmy Olsen don't have a lot of chemistry, imo. They need to end that ASAP. She has wayyy more chemistry with Barry Allen.

As for the rest of the episode, it's like any other CW show. I'll keep watching the show.

I really hated the scene where
Spoiler Spoiler:

I really hated the scene where
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, I've seen that so many times. Even in Breaking Bad they did something similar. :dunno

Who was the female villain at the end of the episode?

Yeah, I've seen that so many times. Even in Breaking Bad they did something similar. :dunno

Who was the female villain at the end of the episode?

I don't know but I recognize the actress.
Vlcsnap-15962.png

I like Superman other than being too small Tyler is great and nailed the character, boy scout and all.

Just watched the premiere (DVR). My observations:
Tyler is bigger than I expected. He looked scrawny in the promo but when I saw him in the show he looks he had been working out. It's hidden well in the Clark clothes (doesn't look as big). He played the role well. Fallible Clark, Superman, a real people person.

CW really upped the action and effects. So much action in this. By contrast Agents of SHIELD you can wait a whole episode only to see a few minutes of Ghoat Rider. 3 major action scenes in this: the plane rescue, helicopter rescue/drones im the city. And the preventing the falling building.

I also like how Superman didn't upstage Supergirl in those scenes. He was basically helping while she did the dirty work. She was in the front of the plane taking the bulk of the force. She saved Lena Luthor in the helicopter (Superman was around the city helping people). And Superman held the building up while she went in and welded the beams in place.

Back