Media Super Nintendo Classic Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20170928_190359.jpg

I'm trying to collect all 3 versions. Just need the Japanese one lol. Right now Scalpers are having fun with it

My Walmart has 52

Anyone here on opening is getting one

Some Targets, Bestbuys and Walmart got over 100 of these. Waaaaay more stock then the NES Classic lol

Walked over to GS and just picked mine up on my lunch break. Heard the employee on the phone say if PO's aren't picked up by Sunday then they're released to the public. Never knew that with GS...then again I stopped shopping there long ago.

Shot over to Target right after work. Got there 15 minutes before opening. Got #33 of 56 available. There were still 15 available when I left. I took a chance because brickseek.com wasn't showing the available inventory for most Targets around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really curious what kind of outcome this would ultimately lead to. I don't mean to sound disparaging to the SNES Classic, I absolutely ove the concept but people are overhyping this like crazy- despite the product being nothing more than a glorified emulation machine.

I'm really curious what kind of outcome this would ultimately lead to. I don't mean to sound disparaging to the SNES Classic, I absolutely ove the concept but people are overhyping this like crazy- despite the product being nothing more than a glorified emulation machine.

I believe the hype is real when it comes to iconic systems and the games that helped revolutionized the industry. Retro-gaming has becoming increasingly popular over the years. Games back then were different and many people want to relive those experiences. Think of the NEO-GEO and the arcade quality it brought back to people's homes even though most of us weren't fortunate enough to own one. Those people are incredibly passionate of that era and it's still being supported strongly today. The Sega Dreamcast is also another example cherished by many gamers of that time who lived to experience it.

Don't get me wrong; the gaming industry has had an incredible journey since that time, but some of those older games are classics and still hold up well to today's standards...gameplay wise. While maybe a glorified emulation machine, it is also a legal and licensed product made by the company itself as opposed to most of the home-built emulators today.

Plus, the price is extremely attractive and reasonable which helps it keep moving off of the shelves (that is if it will ever get a chance to sit on shelves haha).

I believe the hype is real when it comes to iconic systems and the games that helped revolutionized the industry. Retro-gaming has becoming increasingly popular over the years. Games back then were different and many people want to relive those experiences. Think of the NEO-GEO and the arcade quality it brought back to people's homes even though most of us weren't fortunate enough to own one. Those people are incredibly passionate of that era and it's still being supported strongly today. The Sega Dreamcast is also another example cherished by many gamers of that time who lived to experience it.

Don't get me wrong; the gaming industry has had an incredible journey since that time, but some of those older games are classics and still hold up well to today's standards...gameplay wise. While maybe a glorified emulation machine, it is also a legal and licensed product made by the company itself as opposed to most of the home-built emulators today.

Plus, the price is extremely attractive and reasonable which helps it keep moving off of the shelves (that is if it will ever get a chance to sit on shelves haha).

Oh yeah, I agree with you, especially since my PS4 has pretty much been gathering dust since I keep finding myself playing older games nowadays. I guess the point I was trying to make was that one shouldn't overpay for one of these, thinking it's the "only" way to play these old games on modern TVs. Contrary to popular opinion, there are ways to play your real NES/SNES or any other old consoles on a modern TV with razor sharp pixels, either trough mods or in the case of the SNES, a simple cable replacement. I guess my advice would be that one shouldn't be hampered on missing out on this (or the NES Classic) simply because everyone's getting one, there are plenty of alternatives or with some work, have the real consoles hooked up.

I do love the idea of a "Greatest Hits" console, but these companies should treat it more seriously. Make it easier for people to buy one, have it output scanlines and have proper integer scaling, etc. Companies should capitalize on this by trying to make everyone happy, rather than reading about a stampede or people going home empty handed.

Back