Media Super Nintendo Classic Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see what happens when the N64 Classic gets released. Yes it is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The N64 just doesn't hold up well graphically, even when processed with an upscaler. If Nintendo releases an N64 Classic, they should take out the anti-aliasing filter, and enable full RGB support.

This will be on sale in Walmart , Walgreens and Rite Aide for 19 bucks next year....

Same nostalgia cash in happens for the Atari 2600 about ten years ago. You could by a classic system off eBay with dozens of games for 20 bucks

Does he n64 have 20 good games ?

Just off the top of my head:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Star Fox 64
3. Doom 64
4. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
5. Golden Eye
6. Super Mario 64
7. Banjo Kazooie

The library for the N64 was extremely small to begin with. That's because Nintendo opted to use cartridges while other companies at the time, had already transitioned to disc-based games - which were capable of FMVs and higher quality sound (like MGS 1 for the PS1). Nintendo's decision to remain with cartridges annihilated their third-party support, and it's also the reason why Square never released an FF game for the N64.

Besides that, most of my favorite N64 games have aged terribly. Old 3D polygons just don't hold up well, when compared to cleaner 2D art and pixels from the SNES. The N64 was a huge part of my childhood, but quite frankly, I think it's the single worst console release in Nintendo's history.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's a huge nostalgic factor with these mini emulators. I mean, they are stored inside a console made to be a miniaturized replica of their original counterpart, for crying out loud. Nintendo is smart to bring these to market. Their main problem is in manufacturing them. In the case of the NES Classic, I believe they stopped making it because of the hacking, but I'm not entirely sure.

Yeah, there's a huge nostalgic factor with these mini emulators. I mean, they are stored inside a console made to be a miniaturized replica of their original counterpart, for crying out loud. Nintendo is smart to bring these to market. Their main problem is in manufacturing them. In the case of the NES Classic, I believe they stopped making it because of the hacking, but I'm not entirely sure.

As far as this being available for $19 next year at the big brick and mortars.... not a chance. Nintendo can't even make enough of these.

Manufactured scarcity.....

You guys really buy into the fact that these are underproduced and rare?

Thats the oldest line in the business book.....just ask HT..

There is another thread on her showing stock all over by the hundreds.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Besides that, most of my favorite N64 games have aged terribly. Old 3D polygons just don't hold up well, when compared to cleaner 2D art and pixels from the SNES. The N64 was a huge part of my childhood, but quite frankly, I think it's the single worst console release in Nintendo's history.

the n64 worse than the Wii? the system that spawned 1000 of motion control garbage

the n64 worse than the Wii? the system that spawned 1000 of motion control garbage

I can't speak for the N64 since I never owned one but the Wii has plenty of excellent games to go with the sea of casual offerings. Super Mario Galaxy, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Resident Evil 4 are all excellent to name a few. And it has the best backwards compatible functionality (with the Gamecube) of any console out there.

Plus we all know what's the worst Nintendo console ever made. :lol

3adgEObMOjWAkLgT.medium

It's not anything huge, but did anyone else notice that when you come back from a black screen in Earthbound (changing rooms, etc) the picture gets sliiightly grainy? It snaps back after a second though, and it's hardly noticeable.

This will be on sale in Walmart , Walgreens and Rite Aide for 19 bucks next year....

Same nostalgia cash in happens for the Atari 2600 about ten years ago. You could by a classic system off eBay with dozens of games for 20 bucks

Manufactured scarcity.....

You guys really buy into the fact that these are underproduced and rare?

Thats the oldest line in the business book.....just ask HT..

There is another thread on her showing stock all over by the hundreds.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your first point contradicts the second though. This can't end up in the $19 budget bin as long as the manufactured scarcity is held up. Nintendo is not desperate for that money, this is where Atari fails while Nintendo succeeds, and it wont be the first time lol, look up "Video Game crash of '83", it's almost poetic that you brought up Atari. The difference is, Nintendo is actually good at business.

But ya, I think most people just want an Snes mini because they want an Snes mini, and not an Atari, that's mainly the reason why the latter ended up in the budget bin. I mean it happened 30 years ago and its happening again today, it's just history repeating itself.

---

Last edited:
Your first point contradicts the second though. This can't end up in the $19 budget bin as long as the manufactured scarcity is held up. Nintendo is not desperate for that money, this is where Atari fails while Nintendo succeeds, and it wont be the first time lol, look up "Video Game crash of '83", it's almost poetic that you brought up Atari. The difference is, Nintendo is actually good at business.

But ya, I think most people just want an Snes mini because they want an Snes mini, and not an Atari, that's mainly the reason why the latter ended up in the budget bin. I mean it happened 30 years ago and its happening again today, it's just history repeating itself.

---

By manufactured scarcity is not a real scarcity, it is a way of releasing product so initially it seems as though there is limited supply , when in reality the manufacturing process is continual and nothing is stopping it from staying that way.

It's a very common tactic in electronics and "collectibles".

The IPhone suspenseful produced a "manufactured scarcity" in the iPhone 3-4 series.

As far as this being available for $19 next year at the big brick and mortars.... not a chance. Nintendo can't even make enough of these.

This is what I mean...you really believe that Nintendo cannot physically make enough of these to meet demand? Of course they can. They are choosing to release them in a manner that keep the scarcity hype going so that people will think they are getting something rare and hunt for them even more. It's a great marketing tactic....

Again by next year, everyone who wanted one will have one, and there will be a glut of them laying around on eBay.....

This is what I mean...you really believe that Nintendo cannot physically make enough of these to meet demand? Of course they can. They are choosing to release them in a manner that keep the scarcity hype going so that people will think they are getting something rare and hunt for them even more. It's a great marketing tactic....

Again by next year, everyone who wanted one will have one, and there will be a glut of them laying around on eBay.....

Marketing tactic?

Why would a business risk that versus striking now while the item is hot and in demand?

You risk losing customers. People spending money elsewhere, buying other videogame related items, or losing interest all together.
As it is now, other members are already saying, why even bother with these when there are emulators that cost almost nothing.

Time will tell whether we will see the SNES classic sitting on store shelves for $19, as you put it. Sounds like a long stretch to me.

Back