Media Super Nintendo Classic Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By manufactured scarcity is not a real scarcity, it is a way of releasing product so initially it seems as though there is limited supply , when in reality the manufacturing process is continual and nothing is stopping it from staying that way.

It's a very common tactic in electronics and "collectibles".

The whole point of these types of limited edition items is that the company controls the sales number and make them seemingly more rare, yes they can always make more, however, what you have to understand is that they don't always want to, even if people are willing to pay. In this case Nintendo actually doesn't want to make too many, it's an emulation box for crying out loud, with Nintendo's IP in it... they obviously cannot allow for some insane mass production on these, so it ends up more like a pumpkin spice latte, limited release, here for a month then off the menu, will be back next year, that sort of thing.

These are rare because Nintendo can't have a bunch of emulation sitting at Target that plays Mario, it's a publicity stunt not a money making machine. They'll end it when it gets too crazy and bring it back when it's too quiet, but the stock will always remain low, that's the key. Flooding the market is a suicidal cash in, they'll do that after filing for bankruptcy like Atari did, so not anytime soon.

--

Last edited:
Well said. The NES Classic, SNES, Classic, and Switch have done a lot to reinvigorate the Nintendo brand. They’re making some really good business decisions lately even though some decisions appear frustrating to consumers.

So, did anybody else have amazon **** up their order? I ordered day 1, as soon as it went up, and yet? It’s now October 9th, my item says “currently unavailable” and it still hasn’t shipped. Like, what the **** is the point in pre-ordering if you ****heads won’t fulfill it?

So, did anybody else have amazon **** up their order? I ordered day 1, as soon as it went up, and yet? It’s now October 9th, my item says “currently unavailable” and it still hasn’t shipped. Like, what the **** is the point in pre-ordering if you ****heads won’t fulfill it?

That's pretty poor indeed.

I hear you, bro. I've been ****ed a few times by them.

Call or use their chat thing and complain profusely. They tried to pull this with my Switch they said things like "oh it's out of stock now" and "we dont know when we will be able to fullfill your order" and tried to offer me $5 credit with no real answer. I said, hell no, I PO'ed day one it's not out of stock. I just kept asking for higher ups. eventually I got someone who said they will put a ticket in (whatever that means) and next morning I had a tracking number and it was delivered later that day.

Damn that sucks!
They allowed more orders than their allocation of units.

Man that sucks. The real kicker is that they had units available for their Amazon Treasure trucks on release day. Why weren't those units already spoken for by those who pre-ordered?

I've always pre-ordered my consoles through Amazon and haven't had an issue yet. However, I couldn't score one on Amazon and was lucky enough to get a pre-order in with Walmart. Walmart somehow came through for me despite disappointing me in the past. Lesson for me here is pre-order from more than one retailer. You can't rely on any single one.

Walmart messes up my online order

Amazon messed up my cousins order

The last two Amazon.com hasn’t shipped yet

In total I got 6

Kept some and sold some

Not gonna lie

Also gave some away to friends

Best way to have secured one was walkins on release day

As I mentioned earlier

There was enough supply I only saw 1 person turned away from a crowd of 100 and he showed up literally when the store was letting people in

Here is something for you guys

https://www.etsy.com/listing/536870...i-game-system-includes?show_sold_out_detail=1

My friend bought one so I was able to see it in action at his house / on his tv.

Looked just fine, has HMDI.
TONS of games.

Had him load up Mario 3 so I could compare to the nes classic I played a bit ago...looked pretty much the same...unlike the knock-off Sega that looked like poop.

Even though I will still get a SNES if I come across one, after seeing this one above, I am now thinking of snagged one.

It would be much cheaper to make your own with a Raspberry Pi. Which is what this seller has done. For me, you can’t beat the SNES Classic of NES Classic. They’re collector items, officially licensed, and the controllers are identical to the originals. Plus it’s easy to load additional games on to them to get the full library for each system.

FYI The SNES Mini can be converted to be a GENESIS Mini and NES Mini

It’s powerful enuff to run MARIO 64

And most arcade games of the 90s including the Capcom fighters *cough*Xmen Children of the Atom*cough*

X1m6tGt.jpg

rqmhluj.jpg

OUHcoby.jpg

Back