1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** that NRD bollocks.

Why pre-order something if you don't plan on actually keeping it? Why should Sideshow lose a bunch of money because a ton of people pre-order something and then cancel it?

NRD aren't a problem unless you just pre-order a ton of stuff and then cancel.

I ordered because I do really like the figure, but I do agree that he's awefully expensive. For $15 more you get knightmare batman with 3 switch out faces, guns, 6 hands and a bunch of accessories for different display options. It just doesn't make sense.

Why pre-order something if you don't plan on actually keeping it? Why should Sideshow lose a bunch of money because a ton of people pre-order something and then cancel it?

People do that on literally everything outside of this hobby.

What if...hypothetically speaking, the final product doesn't live up to the prototype?shouldn't people be able to change their mind about purchasing the product without some kind of penalty? Then again, the small print says the product is not final. I just destroyed my argument :lol It's a greedy move regardless, imo.

Movie isnt out yet. Maybe they'll add more stuff (even show his whole body), after the movie release. Dont judge it yet. Btw, I think I'm the only one that prefers his purple shirt and silver jacket look more than the one with that purple trenchcoat. I POed this Arkham Asylum (cuz I'm pretty sure we are going to be able to have him w/o the straightjackey also. So, we have two figures in one) and pray for HT release the purple shirt and silver jacket look. :pray:

I doubt Leto shaved his eyebrows, gained weight, spent hours in the make-up chair and said no to Dr. Strange (supposedly) to play a Joker fanboy in a 5 minute cameo and let some other actor play DC's most popular villain, unless they have long term plans in mind and several movie appearances planned....that's of course if the audience likes him, if not WB will get rid of hin.
That sweet talking, all that chit-chats gonna get you hurt :lol

but agreed :lecture

If Leto bombs and people dislike his performance like Luthor in BVS, I could see WB turning him into Jason Todd and getting a new actor to play the "real" Joker. Unlikely, but not impossible.

It wouldn't be the first time a studio makes a change because of the fan backlash, look at the Mandarin change after "fans" hated the fake Mandarin twist un Iron Man 3 or how Shreder was changed from a white actor to an unknown Asian actor in the 2014 TMNT movie because of the backlash...and in the sequel he's played by yet another actor.

I doubt Leto shaved his eyebrows, gained weight, spent hours in the make-up chair and said no to Dr. Strange (supposedly) to play a Joker fanboy in a 5 minute cameo and let some other actor play DC's most popular villain, unless they have long term plans in mind and several movie appearances planned....that's of course if the audience likes him, if not WB will get rid of hin.

I do agree with your summation regarding Leto. It's doubtful he would go that deep into a characters psyche just to be some random dude who isn't even really the Joker.

Hot-Toys-Suicide-Squad-The-Joker-Arkham-Asylum-Version-Collectible-Figure_PR4-600x867.jpg

I don't care for the tatts or the grill but this is one disturbed-looking mother****er. Bravo, HT. :duff

I do agree with your summation regarding Leto. It's doubtful he would go that deep into a characters psyche just to be some random dude who isn't even really the Joker.
:exactly:
They also seem to be hyping is involvement in the plot by not showing much, showing his creation of Harley :dunno
The whole 'him not being the real joker' is a bad joke :lol

PO'd. SUcker for Joker and killer looking figures in general. (see: Sweeney Todd).

Don't underestimate "The Echelon" wanting a piece of this either.

edit:
Also, i cannot believe they actually sculpted a long/elongated face for once instead of everything being wide/square jawed.

Last edited:
Ordered. After looking at all of the other costume designs, I have to say this is the only one that I like. So this will do unless the movie sways me to some of the others.

Ordered. After looking at all of the other costume designs, I have to say this is the only one that I like. So this will do unless the movie sways me to some of the others.

I concur, I think that this version will stand out on the shelf as something different than the "usual" Joker...

Ok Robbie... I'll get one if you repaint mine and lose the tatts... deal?? Lol

But really... I feel the same
I'm not impressed right off the bat with the other costume designs just yet even though HT did a hell of a job getting this figure accurate and a great look as far as costume, wish there were more accessories.
I wanna like it so bad. Hope his performance does it for me.

Went ahead and pre-ordered this guy. The straight jacket is just a really cool, and unique look for the Joker. There's a certain iconography to it. Hopefully Leto's performance will make it even more iconic.

Also, one thing I hope we see, likely in the solo Batman movie, are flashbacks with the Joker that show him with a more traditional look minus all the tattoos.

Back