1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still getting it also, I was extremely looking forward to it, I loved it straight away from the promo pics. Will just have to see how it looks in hand, I'm just a bit disappointed on a couple of levels, especially after the apparent downgrade from the prototype of Deadpool also.

OH well, still getting it, and still plan on getting the Tuxedo version, I just wish they included a headsculpt in the AA of him doing the smile towards the end of that sequence.

I think it's a brilliant figure, it's cheaper than regular HT releases so I'm not surprised it doesn't come with a lot of extra accessories. I couldn't care less about the absence of tattoes on his body as there's no way anyone is going to expose the figure without the jacket which is a closed jacket... so what would be the point of adding extra details beneath something you will never mess with? It would cost extra $ for nothing.

The headsculpt is fkin phenomenal... Damn. I'm still unsure whether I buy it or not. I do have almost all the Bat V Superman line (only miss Superman) so I have 4 Batflecks (Regular, Knightmare, Regular Armored, and Black Chrome), why not have 3 Jokers? Haha. I don't know.

But great job from HT, as always, they nailed that headsculpt, damn.

I think it's a brilliant figure, it's cheaper than regular HT releases so I'm not surprised it doesn't come with a lot of extra accessories. I couldn't care less about the absence of tattoes on his body as there's no way anyone is going to expose the figure without the jacket which is a closed jacket... so what would be the point of adding extra details beneath something you will never mess with? It would cost extra $ for nothing.

The headsculpt is fkin phenomenal... Damn. I'm still unsure whether I buy it or not. I do have almost all the Bat V Superman line (only miss Superman) so I have 4 Batflecks (Regular, Knightmare, Regular Armored, and Black Chrome), why not have 3 Jokers? Haha. I don't know.

...But he's $219.99 without shipping. :lol
You can barely pose his arms and he only comes with one set of hands. The chair and the backdrop are nice, but those hardly justify the price. The tuxedo Joker is $219.99 and he's a full figure.

It's a neat figure, but not a good deal.

I agree with this and the that Budget Stark video, the sculpt looks really good. I'm not invested enough in Leto Joker, having not even seen the movie yet, to buy this but I think it would be a cool change from the previous Nicholson and Ledger purple outfit Jokers. With that background, chair and just the unique look in the straight jacket it has tremendous shelf presence. I wouldn't want to pose it in any other way.

Might try and pick this up sometime in 2017 if I can find the funds and a reasonable secondary market price :lol

Don't want to derail the thread but just curious how you feel the BC bats compares to the regular armour since you mention you have both. I have the BC on pre-order but missed out on the regular sadly.

joker 1.jpg
joker 2.jpg
joker 3.jpg

The only thing they had to get right was the head sculpt and from pics thus far it appears the intensity from the proto was softened......been around enough to know it's early in the release process (pics) but nothing yet making me giddy about the purchase.

Oh damn, these photos.. phenomenal figure, very unusual.. I love it. I will eventually buy it, not now, but it's really something else.
I agree the price is a bit high, but man the headsculpt is badass. Maybe I'm not as shocked about the prices as other people as I did once buy a custom figure for $1000, still have it, it looks terrific. Hot Toys aren't THAT expensive when you look at the quality they put into it.
And yes it's not a DX figure (when was the last DX figure they released anyway?:p) BUT.. it's miles better in the overall look than a lot of DX figures they released in the past. Having loads of accessories don't make the headsculpt any better.

I agree with this and the that Budget Stark video, the sculpt looks really good. I'm not invested enough in Leto Joker, having not even seen the movie yet, to buy this but I think it would be a cool change from the previous Nicholson and Ledger purple outfit Jokers. With that background, chair and just the unique look in the straight jacket it has tremendous shelf presence. I wouldn't want to pose it in any other way.

Might try and pick this up sometime in 2017 if I can find the funds and a reasonable secondary market price :lol

Don't want to derail the thread but just curious how you feel the BC bats compares to the regular armour since you mention you have both. I have the BC on pre-order but missed out on the regular sadly.

I definitely dig the regular better.
But the BC is growing on me, I felt disappointed by it originally as it's not exactly what was shown in the proto pics color-scheme wise, so I ordered the regular version which I didn't plan to buy.. didn't want to end up with two of the same figure, and the only solution I came up with is having the two in separate rooms (the regular sits in my collection, and the other one is in my living room).
It all depends on the lighting you have in your home. I feel the Black Chrome needs to have natural light to really shine. When it's daytime, the BC completely knocks the regular one out of the water. However with artificial lights, the regular looks a lot better imo, especially if you play with the shadows in your room, he can actually look pretty dark, just like in the movie. Whereas the Black Chrome looks a bit off with artificial yellow light, but I've seen people do him justice with artificial lights in the BC thread, so I really don't know.

Both look fantastic, you won't regret what you're gonna get because it's phenomenal.

A friend of mine actually loves the BC a lot better (he doesn't collect Hot Toys, but he loved the movie, and told me there's no match between the two, the BC version felt a lot more movie accurate and badass to him). It's very personal taste wise. Personally I enjoy the regular one better but as I said on the dedicated topic, it's really because of the lighting in my home. Otherwise I would have surely prefered the BC.

Best advice would be to buy the regular one when you get the chance, unless you feel 100% satisfied with the BC : )

The pictures form Budget Stark show the figure in itself is good compared to the prototype. Still going to keep my pre-order since I already missed out on Knightmare Batman... I wouldn't want to regret not getting this one.

...But he's $219.99 without shipping. :lol
You can barely pose his arms and he only comes with one set of hands. The chair and the backdrop are nice, but those hardly justify the price. The tuxedo Joker is $219.99 and he's a full figure.

It's a neat figure, but not a good deal.

...But we all knew this months ago. It was right there in the description next to the pictures and price:lol

...But we all knew this months ago. It was right there in the description next to the pictures and price:lol

True story. I find it hilarious all those people cancelling their preorders and losing their NRDs because they can't read the proper description or cant wait for in hand pictures with proper lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True story. I find it hilarious all those people cancelling their preorders and losing their NRDs because they can't read the proper description or cant wait for in hand pictures with proper lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing new, bad pictures/posing = freakout! every..single..damn..time:lol

I do agree the figure is overpriced a bit..but that's HT for ya.

You know I'm a bit surprised by some reactions because I'm fairly new on this forum, until I came here I thought everybody loved all Hot Toys figures as it's hard to criticize from my point of view (like.. there's Hot Toys, and the rest of the market, they're untouchable at this point, even though some very talented guys manage to deliver some customs that sometimes surpass the original product) and on a lot of topics I read, I feel some people have kind of a nostalgia for the older Hot Toys figures, because a lot of the older material came with more accessories, and there were more DX figures.

I understand why you would complain about a certain lack of accessories in the figures they've released in the past two years, and a lack of DX figures, but to me, the figures from the last 2-3 years have kept getting better and better on the headsculpts, to the point I don't know how they're going to outdo themselves on that department.

This Joker is no different, even with the in-hand photos (which aren't shot in the most flattering way to say the least), it looks fantastic. So sure it's a $200+ figure but come on.. no one is forcing anyone to buy anything. To me this Joker is definitely worth the price, it's very unique and I don't see any other company topping that headsculpt in the upcoming years. It's fantastic.

Also, I'm not completely sure I will end up buying all 3 (or 4?) Jokers from Suicide Squad. But it's more tempting to me that they go a bit lighter on the price with separate releases, than if they release a DX version with all costumes and alternate headsculpts. Because The Joker 2.0 and The DX13 T2, as complete as they are, were sold for a higher price than that, and the problem is that if you want to exploit all those figures have to offer with the alternate outfits, you need to buy them twice (or have another variant of those figures). I don't really see the problem with those separate Jokers, this Arkham one is a bit cheaper than other releases. In the end, if you buy two Jokers, it will be more affordable than if HT had released a DX Joker Leto for say $280-$300 and that you had to get two of them to get two bodies and enjoy both outfits at the same time.

I guess all of this older HT toys is due to nostalgia.. if you really look at it objectively, I feel they're offering us a fairly good deal (of coarse the figures still remain expensive but they're not producing Kyle Reese quality anymore :lol)

< insert 'Never go full retard on the first Hong Kong photos' meme >

I remember why I ordered this now. It was to give the straitjacket to the Ledgoker, and make a Joker wannabe out of the Letoker.

But since I like the Ledgoker as he is in the orange prison uniform, the Letoker can stay as intended: what better to do with a Joker impersonator than lock them up in a straitjacket and incarcerate them in Arkham with all the other loonies?

I like the creepy sculpt, even though he was a terrible Joker, if not the worst ever including all cartoon versions. But hey, you can't ask too much from an impersonator.

Ledgoker in an orange uniform you say? I'd like to see that... :lol

In terms of realism I don't find this figure that bad, it just seems the expression has been softened so, so much. Can't be just me, right?

Lots of whining in this thread. It's the Joker in a straight jacket with a chair. You've known this since the day it was revealed. Stop acting like HT just sprung it on you. If it's not enough for your money, don't buy it. That will send a louder message than bitching on a message board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

< insert 'Never go full retard on the first Hong Kong photos' meme >

I remember why I ordered this now. It was to give the straitjacket to the Ledgoker, and make a Joker wannabe out of the Letoker.

But since I like the Ledgoker as he is in the orange prison uniform, the Letoker can stay as intended: what better to do with a Joker impersonator than lock them up in a straitjacket and incarcerate them in Arkham with all the other loonies?

I like the creepy sculpt, even though he was a terrible Joker, if not the worst ever including all cartoon versions. But hey, you can't ask too much from an impersonator.

Your bait is strong...but not strong enough :lol

Back