1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just you......the sculpt isn't bad.....I'd agree it's missing the intensity from the prototype which is a shame.
Granted it may be the angle, I haven't compared them all that much, I just know the eyes look different, maybe the brow is less furrowed. Loved the original sculpt but like I said, may just be the angle.

Granted it may be the angle, I haven't compared them all that much, I just know the eyes look different, maybe the brow is less furrowed. Loved the original sculpt but like I said, may just be the angle.

It could be a multitude of things angle, shadow, lighting, sculpt etc....find out when it arrives.

I USUALLY get 1 hot toy for Christmas...this might be the one I ask for this year, bc I really want a joker in the collection asap :p

& this is the only one out by Christmas time. I like it...but then again, I like all the jokers set to be released within the year!

True, I still think it'll be a good figure, the backdrop and chair make it an interesting piece. You got it pre ordered, yeah?

I have it on pre order. It represents the best Leto Joker (Asylum) moment from the film for my likes. Being bare bones, I knew it'd be hit or miss based on the head sculpt. Hoping it's angles, lighting or whatnot but I have my doubts that it's nothing more than softer expression.

I have this PO'd through Sideshow, but my buddy is stationed in HK again this year and he managed to snag one. He'll be back in the states by Tues or Wednesday at the latest. He's bringing it over, so I'll take some pics just to inflate or deflate the hype some more. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be bare bones but not many figures give you a background like that, makes a cool look in a detolf I'm sure.

bc615667137d7b61984abe229797c18f.jpg

Looks damn good to me.

I'm not sure how I feel about these bare feet covers...I almost think that if they were going through the hassle of producing a new mold for these....boot feet things, they might as well have just put that effort into a new set of lower legs, since these all pop apart at the knees anyway, it would have been totally feasible.

Ahhh, that photo looks A LOT better. I really want him posed next to Batman like that.

I just can't stop thinking that the paint app changed form intense to less intense. And the reasoning I feel why is because it's the exact same headsculpt on the tuxedo version, so to make them differ they took the intensity from this one and added it to the tuxedo version.

Also, form the promo pics,it looks like they changed the position of the eyes, the lipstick is no longer smudged and the nose looks more bulbous. It doesn't look quite right like it does in the promo pics, it looks like a spot on version of Leto, but this one not quite so much.

In terms of the paint app, though, it seems like the entire sculpt is based on this frame in particular - I can't find a better image but his makeup isn't as intense as the promo pictures actually displayed - but I still like the intensity of the paint app, especially around the eyes, wish it stuck.

7223b1c8fa6e1d8288c582a073471235.jpg

I don't care about the body not having tattoos, it wasn't advertised and I would never display it so anyway, I want it because of the straight jacket look and I love how Leto looks as the Joker in this scene.

I have to say that the last picture has made me more excited again, though. I was never expecting the tats and I didn't care either way. The only thing is that for me in the UK it will cost £270-ish to get it, it's really not a cheap figure for me - you guys in America are lucky considering the discount codes you can apply and the cheap price off the bat that it is anyway.

I'm just going to view it as extremely exclusive for the price point, although i'm wishing to no end that it came with two headsculpts, this one and one of these would have been amazing

40b46ecb-bf6c-408f-9327-61e859e27c94.png

Also you can see from this picture that actually the paint app is pretty accurate, his eyes weren't as dark as they originally were, as much as it looks better.

Thanks all the guys who provided pictures. I stil love him and can't wait. Wanna pair him ip with Batman interrogation style. :)
Might also get tux Joker down the line... not sure yet.

Looking through that persons Facebook photos has really put my mind at ease actually, the figure looks great. Yes, it has not much accessories, I wish it had another sculpt, a purple gloved hand at least, but **** it, got to have Leto Joker in the Arkham Asylum dress up, and I'm back to not being able to wait now!

bc615667137d7b61984abe229797c18f.jpg

Looks damn good to me.

Okay. Sold. Pre-ordering this right now :lol

Edit: LOL at the sideshow checkout with their "thank you" video, wtf is that? HAhahah they got a laugh out of me which isn't easy.
I used my $25 off BC version I had ordered from them.. had to use it before the end of the month anyway so.. guess it's a fairly good deal, the figure cost me $194.99, I think that it's a good price for such a unique figure.

Can't wait to get it!

had to cancel, I just can't stand the lack of effort put into this piece, especially with no tats (not even on his hands? :gah: . when I PO'd it was only this option or pimp daddy, so I went with this guy. now that tux is available, I turned around and used RP's on him a PO'd the tux version for 100$ usd.

Silver suit will be my next. Love that look.

I agree ZaCHw117, the hands is the most frustrating part... But I'll keep my order. Nice pose on the batmon in the other thread btw. I'll probably use that as my main set-up since it's not too dynamic.

Does anyone know if Hot Toys changed the base? The proto looked to have a green linoleum-esque design, but the few photos here of the released version show it to be blank, matte black. Is the green linoleum perhaps a separate, swappable piece, like the Rogue One character-profile bases? Thanks.

Back