Sturtrup Custom Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Vader

how are you going to re-sew the hot toys vader body suit. I still like the hot toys helmet on the Kaiyodo I don't care if it looks a little to big it`s to much work trying to make it look perfect and im not a perfectionist or accuracy nut

how are you going to re-sew the hot toys vader body suit. I still like the hot toys helmet on the Kaiyodo I don't care if it looks a little to big it`s to much work trying to make it look perfect and im not a perfectionist or accuracy nut

My mother in law is a seamstress! Perfection is impossible, so you are in the right direction! :wink1:

When I received the Hurricane Vader helmet I thought it looked too small too, but after a lot of comparison I've noticed that was the whole figure to be too big! So I've started to reduce a bit all that I can reduce. Now I'm planning to do a custom chest armour (or mod the ht one) and to resew the ht suit to reduce it too.

Yeah, it's weird. You really do have to shrink Vader a bit to suit the Kaiyodo helmet. He should be no less than 13" (up to 13 1/4" according to some.)

TaliBane have you heard about when MR.H will have a new dome for ht vader

My understanding is it's actually a custom dome (smaller than the HT or Hasbro domes, but larger than the SSC DX dome) designed to work accurately with the Hurricane Kaiyodo-based Vader facemasks. I'm going to PM Mrs H - maybe you do the same. I'm hoping it's ready now or very soon.

This is the one thing that's holding me back on proceeding with my Vaders. There's just no way to "make" a dome and even the modded/shortened flare SSC DX or hasbro domes to me don't look right (the flare on the SSC DX dome is also too wide/splayed.)

My current Vader dome is a new test dome based on the ht dome that H sent me for free to test it with my Vader! I think that it's a great start and that with minor mods it can become the final dome for H and Kayiodo Mask! As usual Mr H is doing a great Job!

Attachments

• DSCF5963.jpg
    DSCF5963.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCF5959.jpg
    DSCF5959.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 245

I hope mr H has read your comment Solo_bones.

drjedysith!! Nice to see you comment here! As you know this is a forever wip. Some other improvements are on the way. Need your comments, remember you gived me a lot of inspiration!

A little tribute to mr H

Attachments

• 2016-06-19_00.21.37.jpg
    2016-06-19_00.21.37.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 192

Is that a customized Kaiyodo Maks and Hasbro helmet, or HT helmet? What's the recipe?

It's an Hurricane mask with his new prototype helmet. I can't stop to look at him!

he looks great my man!. but there was something more raw and lifelike on the first one you did :) still my favorite :hi5:

Thank you Dr! :vader
So you think that the first version was better that the actual version? I'm confused! :panic:
If you want let me know something more about!

Attachments

• comp.jpg
    comp.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 129

I find something better in that version too. I Think that shoulders are more A shaped and that the torso looks more proportioned. I'm working on those details on the new ht chest armour. I'm trying to do a new custom one with the same proportion of the first but with the better detail of the ht one. About the mask, even if I've done some work to improve the hasbro helmet, I think that Mr H has done a stunning work on the mask and that the prototype helmet is almost perfect. I can't wait to see the definive version!

Back