OzzyAndyHam's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quickest custom I've ever done - 1/6 Vader cut hand

Vader_01.jpg

Vader_02.jpg

1/6 Luke Hoth

A quick custom combining Hot Toys Luke Pilot and Sideshow Luke Hoth Commander, repainting for better accuracy, weathering all round. Preparing for a 1/6 Taun Taun from Inbox Studios incoming within the next months - can't wait!

- Sideshow pants, shirt, vest (repainted, removed oversized buttons and closed vest with fabric glue instead), helmet (repainted), binocs
- Hot Toys body, hands, blaster, lightsaber, head, boots

View attachment 677646
This rocks. What paint and technique did you use to paint the vest?

This rocks. What paint and technique did you use to paint the vest?
Thanks!
I airbrushed Vallejo acrylics, i beleive it was a mix of Tan Yellow, Ochre, Saddle Brown and Off-White to find the right tone. Then a very thinned out/watery Vallejo Smoke to weather with brush in crevices, armpits, stains, and lastly dry brushing lighter colours for some subtle hightling.

Holy smokes! This is some really incredible work in this thread! thank you for showing your process. That C3PO is crazy good! Amazing how the difference in paintwork can change that sideshow figure from mediocre to top notch :clap

My custom repaint of the very large and incredible JazzInc 1/6 scale T-47 Snowspeeder with the goal of being as accurate as possible to the studio scale Snowspeeder used in The Empire Strikes Back.

The size of this model, being almost 1 meter long, meant some interesting challenges in creating a believable sense of scale. My goal was to replicate both the original painting techniques of ILM from Star Wars, as well as follow studio and film references as closely as possible, to see how close I can get to a screen accurate representation.

An exciting aspect of this build was the use of Archive-X acrylic paints exclusively, which are specifically formulated to replicate the original Floquil paints used to paint models in the original Star Wars films. It was the essential acrylic paints to provide for the goal of accuracy.

Luke and Dak should obviously be in the Rogue Leader version with grey stripes, but the Rogue 3 orange stripe version for me is the most iconic, so I willingly lose a few points of accuracy for putting Luke and Dak into the Rogue 3 :)

01_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg
02_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg
03_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg
04_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg
07_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg
06_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg
05_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg
08_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg
09_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg

Process photos:
11_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg
12_Snowspeeder_AndrewSvanbergHamilton.jpg