Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG by Bioware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a couple of weeks crafting and grinding crew skills I'm finally ready to play again. I have four imperial and four republic characters on the same server and I've given each one a crafting skill and my main has two gathering skills and slicing to fund materials and credits. I've gotten all eight characters their ships so each one has two companions to help craft. Luckily I have a job where I can set my character in one spot and run crew missions all day long to get funds and materials. I've done this so I can have gear that matches my level. I'm so glad I can sell to myself between factions on Nar Shaddaa.

It was fun but now I'm ready to play again. :clap

I'm totally fine with this beng a solo story driven game. I've never gotten in to MMORPG's before and I grew up on CRPG's like Ultima, Wizardry, and Eye of the Beholder.

To me this is like those but SW with current day production values. I love that I can play it feverishly for a few days then come back a week or two later and still jump right in and have fun.

The only other MMORPG I even attempted was that Final Fantasy one about 10 years ago and I literally did nothing but attack bees for two weeks before uninstalling it. I'm loving TOR.

Wow. I hope this game doesn't die before it really gets going. I was really hoping for it to be at least as half as popular as WoW.

Oh well. I'll play until it stops being fun for me. I hope to get all eight classes up to 50.

My problem is i have played so many mmo's over the last 13yrs or so that they just dont last long for me. Tbh games like UO a sandbox type game are what i need again.

Same. Hopefully by the time I finish each class they will have added some stuff...

i think they will, i have my first character to level 42 right now and still in chapter 2 and it doesnt feel like its ending soon. plus im the type that does all the missions on the planet before moving on and i do all the flashpoints(still trying to find a group for Colicoid War Games)

Just officially cancelled and this is what I put...

"I'm a player from Star Wars Galaxies back when the game was good. In that game I had my own business and my own house. I truly LIVED in that world and was my own man. I just couldn't get in to this game because I wasn't me but someone else on rails."

I know I'll be back and I don't plan on uninstalling the game. Hopefully the economy will evolve where you can sell more items and I can come back.

"I'm a player from Star Wars Galaxies back when the game was good. In that game I had my own business and my own house. I truly LIVED in that world and was my own man. I just couldn't get in to this game because I wasn't me but someone else on rails."

I know I'll be back and I don't plan on uninstalling the game. Hopefully the economy will evolve where you can sell more items and I can come back.

I understand where you are coming from. I hope the game grows and changes a bit to be more like an MMO. They really need to make it to where every character is unique rather than mostly the same. Like remove weapon restrictions. Allow Bounty Hunters to use rifles and warriors to use double bladed sabers. Stuff like that. The current problem is, most of the characters feel the same as all the others. There isn't much to stand one player out from all the others.

Yeah your a sandbox player like me. I miss player housing, decent crafting and a real feel of exploration.

I can agree with you guys that SWTOR doesn't "feel" like a true MMORPG, but for what it is, I love it.

I love doing the PVP to get the elite gear and I'm almost fully 100% PVPed up. It's hilarious that the elite Sith Inquisitor gear makes it look like your character is covered in feathers :lol:lol:lol:lol

Yeah, i am sandbox player myself. I don't mind some themepark stuff, but the rails and feeling like i am not playing in a real world sux.

LOTRO is where i'll be(best world atmosphere ever IMO) till some patches come. Don't get me wrong i will still play, but i expected to be addicted and living in the SW universe.

Last edited:
^ I've really wanted to play LotR online for some time now, but am always hearing bad things about it..

Don't listen to the general MMO crowd. They're idiots.. Judge yourself. I dare say you may even like it better than TOR. Just DL it, and give it a try. Can't wait till Riders of Rohan comes out this fall!!!! (combat mounts)

Back