Star Wars Eclipse (Quantic Dream)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

https://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-eclipse
Set during the High Republic era, Star Wars Eclipse™ is an intricately branching action-adventure game that can be experienced in many ways, and puts the destinies of multiple playable characters in your hands, created in collaboration between Quantic Dream and Lucasfilm Games.
  • Weave a tapestry of interlaced destinies – See the galaxy through the eyes of an ensemble cast of multiple, charismatic playable characters, each with their own personality, motivations, and impact upon each other and the story at large.

• Compose an original Star Wars story – With all-new characters and environments, you have the power to make choices with consequence thanks to many outcomes in this deeply branching narrative.

• Shape your fate in the Outer Rim – In an uncharted section of the galaxy with never-before-seen species and planets to discover, this part of the Outer Rim is rife with opportunity – and political tensions that could alter the fabric of peace. What will you do?
http://www.starwarseclipse.com/
The first trailer looks interesting. I’m personally not really interested in the High Republic era and have not read any of the books or comics, so I was skeptical when I first saw the leaks.

But it does feel promising as a setting for a narrative driven game.

Really nice to see a mix of familiar and new designs, especially the returning aliens. The ST should’ve been more like this, in terms of blending new and old.

Also getting some big Dune vibes.

Last edited:
At first I thought, meh, it'll probably turn out to be some 2D side scroller or something. That's usually how these type of trailers go.
But then I noticed that Quantic Dream is making it and, well, now I'm excited! This could end up being the closest Knights of the Old Republic sequel we'll ever get (other than the remakes currently in production).
But even still, I'll hold back some excitement for when they decide to show some actual gameplay.

At first I thought, meh, it'll probably turn out to be some 2D side scroller or something. That's usually how these type of trailers go.
But then I noticed that Quantic Dream is making it and, well, now I'm excited! This could end up being the closest Knights of the Old Republic sequel we'll ever get (other than the remakes currently in production).
But even still, I'll hold back some excitement for when they decide to show some actual gameplay.
Quantic Dream aren’t exactly known for anything more than QTEs for gameplay though.

Will likely be another one of their games I watch on Youtube unless they implement some engaging gameplay.

Oh dear lord hope David Cage isn't writing if it's a movie game.

Visually looks great, almost like what Star Wars might look like if Denis Villeneuve directed.

Quantic Dream aren’t exactly known for anything more than QTEs for gameplay though.

Will likely be another one of their games I watch on Youtube unless they implement some engaging gameplay.
Yep never played any of their games. All looked too much of a slow burn without engaging gameplay.

Yep never played any of their games. All looked too much of a slow burn without engaging gameplay.
It’s literally just select dialogue choice and occasionally hit button before timer runs out. Would barely even consider them games.

It’s literally just select dialogue choice and occasionally hit button before timer runs out. Would barely even consider them games.
Didn't realize we both mentioned engaging gameplay in our posts :lol

Think I watched the Detroit game on Youtube and boy was it a slog. Pass.

True, the QTE's always drags their games down a bit and seem a bit pointless at times. But the storytelling aspect of QD is something that a lot of developers don't bother with anymore. It's usually just mindless grab a gun/knife/sword and kill ****.
And to be fair, the gameplay in BioWare's Knights of the Old Replublic wasn't exactly groundbreaking either. But it was the story that captivated nearly everyone who played it. To me it's still one of the very few SW stories that still rivals the original trilogy.

Think I watched the Detroit game on Youtube and boy was it a slog. Pass.
I actually did the same thing. lol I couldn't even stand to watch a YT video of it for more than 2 mins without getting bored. Which is why it took me nearly two years before I purchased it (thanks to a sale).
All I can tell you is that the game gives off a whole different feeling when your playing it yourself, compared to watching a Youtube video of it.
I'd definitely recommend playing it yourself. But yeah, Quantic Dreams games also aren't for everyone.

Back