Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG by Bioware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so this is not worth playing for free? you have to pay in order to fully be able to play and succeed?

I just downloaded the game, (took two days) And i saw you guys saying the game sucks? I was kind of excited for it, but i dont know now

It's worth playing for the class stories, plus it's free to do so... But as a MMO it's just like all the other ones, Hamster wheel content that you do over and over again.... I enjoyed sandbox mmo's more. Star Wars Galaxies even with all it's flaws was a lot more fun then the linear content driven MMO's. Unfortunately SOE decided they wanted SWG to be more like WOW and butchered it trying to do so.

OK, thanks!

If I could've only played this on low settings then I'd of definitlely waited until I get a decent desktop to play this. & that won't be until at least early next year. I wouldn't want the experience ruined as KotOR is one of my all time favourite games and I really hope that this game can come close to replicating that amazing gaming experience I had back in the summer of 2003. But if I can possibly play this on normal then I'll certainly give it a try on my new laptop once it arrives.

Cheers mate.

I'm writing this message from my new laptop that arrived today and when I unboxed it I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it in fact doesn't have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics card like I thought it would but it instead came with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M. :joy

So is there any chance that this will allow me to play The Old Republic on high or is it still only likely to play on medium?

I'm writing this message from my new laptop that arrived today and when I unboxed it I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it in fact doesn't have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics card like I thought it would but it instead came with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M. :joy

So is there any chance that this will allow me to play The Old Republic on high or is it still only likely to play on medium?

I'd say download it and give it a try. That's the fun of having a new computer. :)

I'd say download it and give it a try. That's the fun of having a new computer. :)

True.

I'm downloading WoW right now and once I've spent enough time frolicing in the fields of Azeroth I'll venture back into Korriban to take my rightful place as the Lord of the Sith. :vader :lsvader

The mobile GPU's aren't the same as the desktop versions, but you still might be able to play it on high with that. It's not a terribly complex game. But you'll have to see how it goes when you install it.

Back