Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol thats it?? What about force projections used for interstellar comminication and projecting force images that can create inanimate objects and interact with the living at whim or be transluscent if the plot calls for it, using the force to breath in space and survive explosions, force stasis massage- using the force to stop people in thier tracks, freeze them and torcher them at the same time. Using the force to wield sabers, not saber throw mind you but ignite and move it without your hands. Why did jedi ever use thier hands, why didnt luke use the same trick to kill the emperor as kylo ren.. he wanted too and would have but instead he forced pulled it to him, you know force pull not force ignite pull and slice in half all at once. Why didnt jedi use the interstellar communication ability before, why didnt they just send projections of themselves on to the battlefield to entice a surrender? Why didnt they just fight battles from their couches?? Why dont jedi have to train anymore, why is the force now lile a switch that turns on in off, it needs no honing of skill. Why did kk have to turn the force into harry potter magic? Why are only females good and just and the most powerful magic users

And why didn't the Jedi just Force freeze the Droid army? Why didn't the Jedi just Force freeze the Clone Troopers? Why didn't Obi Wan just Force freeze Jango Fett and General Grievous? Why didnt they just Force freeze the blaster fire?

Why didn't Obi Wan just Force freeze Pre Vizsla? Why did he have to dodge the Mandalorean's missiles? Why not just freeze them?

Why didn't Vader just Force freeze Luke instead of trying to freeze him in carbonite?

These are the kinds of canon breaking problems that happen when it's being handled by a bunch of political hacks.

And why didn't the Jedi just Force freeze the Droid army? Why didn't the Jedi just Force freeze the Clone Troopers? Why didn't Obi Wan just Force freeze Jango Fett and General Grievous? Why didnt they just Force freeze the blaster fire?

Why didn't Obi Wan just Force freeze Pre Vizsla? Why did he have to dodge the Mandalorean's missiles? Why not just freeze them?

Why didn't Vader just Force freeze Luke instead of trying to freeze him in carbonite?

These are the kinds of canon breaking problems that happen when it's being handled by a bunch of political hacks.

Cause Rey & Kylo are the most powerful force users evaaaa!!!! They can do things never done before. Things that were never even dreamed of as possible. Little Kylo taught mom how to fly, not Uncle Lukey. They are the Super New Forcers!!

Come on man, get with the new!

Cause Rey & Kylo are the most powerful force users evaaaa!!!! They can do things never done before. Things that were never even dreamed of as possible. Little Kylo taught mom how to fly, not Uncle Lukey. They are the Super New Forcers!!

Zzzzzzzzzz

Why why why.....

Why didn’t Han, wearing normal clothing, die instantly inside a giant space slug in the cold vacuum of space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO! so true. we have a total Mary Sue character who's now the pinnacle of Jedi force mastery (with zero training) and an emo man child, who's been trained by two of the most powerful force masters in the galaxy, but can't manage to win a single battle against her :lol

vlcsnap-2018-01-11-23h29m53s449.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-01-11-23h30m01s910.jpg

Wait so im Trinity? Oh god that is so arousing

Good, good... let the hot flow through you...

Now get into your tightest leather and practice your lotus position.. for fighting purposes of course..

isn't this the metaphor for TLJ?

You think you're watching a star wars movie, your brain tells you it's supposed to be a Star Wars movie, it sounds like a Star Wars movie... but why does it taste like a pile of sh**??

main-qimg-31f3d0a8e3b80fe2537a10738e009be7

:lol touché

BTW the 2000 pages of debating this is entertaining, but I hope some of you more "dedicated" participants are already multimillionaires... otherwise a lot of this time could've been used to research investments, start a business or work a 2nd job :lol

The Emperor was never hinted at as being important. NO one talked about him to create this air of mystery. Snoke was designed exactly as that. We saw much more of him in 2 movies, than the Emperor in 3. He had dialogue and purpose. Han talked about him, Leia talked about him, as if he was a main part of the plot & story, not just a simple antagonist. They wanted us to want to know more. Lucas didn't do that with the Emperor. He didn't even have a name. Simply The Emperor. He was never called Palpatine till the PT. .

This is not entirely true. It was never mentioned in the film BUT his name was most certainly revealed to be Palpatine WAY before the Prequel Trilogy. The Return of the Jedi Novelization printed and released in May of 1983, in tandem with the film, explicitly mentions Emperor Palpatine by this name. I remember reading it in 1983 at 13 years of age and being thrilled to learn the Emperor's name was Palpatine.

Johnson was correct. We didn't "need" any additional info on Snoke. He knew he was evil, had powers, and had minions. The end.

Movies are allowed to simply drop a threat into the protagonists' laps without having to spell out every ounce of backstory on who the bad guys are. Apparently the Star Wars prequels and films like Prometheus and AVP have robbed some movie goers of having any ability to use their imaginations, fill in blanks, or just accept a threat at face value.

I can easily say this because many of the best films ever made had even less backstory than what we've gotten in TFA/TLJ.

In ANH Obi-Wan described the Force to Luke and that Vader used to be his pupil before he turned but said *nothing* of the Emperor. Nor did ESB. And then in ROTJ when the Emperor finally made his full appearance we didn't learn so much as his *name.* He was just "Evil Bastard in Black Who Wants to Kill the Heroes." The end.

In TLJ Snoke = The Emperor and Kylo = Vader. And do you know what? We've been given much more info on Kylo than we ever got on Vader in the OT. We never knew why Vader turned, what lead to him wearing the suit, any of that. But with Kylo we've gotten as much info in two films as we got on Vader in *six.* So the sequels aren't lacking on backstory exposition.

in 1979 nobody knew why the Space Jockey was on LV-426 or what the purpose of the eggs were. They simply provided an unexplained threat that the protagonists had to deal with. *Same with ALIENS.* After two films we still knew nothing about the xenomorphs origins. In the first Predator film all we knew about the Predator was that he was mean, bristling with weapons, and liked to hunt "worthy" prey. The end. We didn't know what system they came from, any other details about their visits (other than him showing up when it got "very very hot"), hell we didn't even know what he did on Earth when he *wasn't* hunting. Did he have a lair in the jungle? Did the Predators take turns or was it always the same one, etc. Then crappy movies like AVP came along and filled in a lot of those details. But the details never needed to be spelled out.

Sometimes films can just have villains that show up and "do what they do." Snoke's history was absolutely not important to Rey's story, no more important than the Emperor's was to Luke's. Sometimes people need to step back from being obsessive fans who pour over every ounce of irrelevant minutiae and just let these stories just function with the same rules as any other film.

I think the main difference regarding how much info we get on Snoke and the entire FO vs how much info we got on Vader/Emperor and the Empire in the OT is that in the OT we were just thrown into the middle of things. The ST doesn't (or shouldn't) have this luxury. There's a back story established, there was closure to the story and for the characters, so to just jump into a "new" storyline that acknowledges the earlier happenings without explaining how you got there is just lazy.

I think the main difference regarding how much info we get on Snoke and the entire FO vs how much info we got on Vader/Emperor and the Empire in the OT is that in the OT we were just thrown into the middle of things. The ST doesn't (or shouldn't) have this luxury. There's a back story established, there was closure to the story and for the characters, so to just jump into a "new" storyline that acknowledges the earlier happenings without explaining how you got there is just lazy.

I've actually acknowledged as much and I agree with this sentiment. In fact I consider it the one standout flaw of the Sequel Trilogy. If you take TFA as the beginning of a self-contained trilogy then like ANH before it everything is fine. We know enough about the characters to care about their journeys and so forth. But if you take TFA as a direct sequel to ROTJ then the flow from one episode to another is greatly lacking.

Since it will be rare that I ever binge the OT + ST all at once and since I've got those extra pieces spelled out due to other media like comics and the novelizations I'm fine with it but it's definitely a valid criticism against the new films.

So when the Chinese watch TLJ they all double over and start dry-heaving like Drax in GotG 2 because they insist on imagining themselves being with Rose physically? What nut jobs.

62910fcf90ea71aef2132d867fc89108.jpg

skywalker could be a very common sir name in a galaxy far far away... like keeping up with the skywalkers or the joneses

it's not like Lucas weaponized hyperspace or had every random orphan slave child mastering the force with zero training... now that would just be silly

So basically they think the people are ugly...well we know the Chinese are racist and xenophobic ....saw that in spades when I was in Japan.

I am surprised at the elitist type comments from these viewers about their own people thou, that’s more than unsettling from such a powerful nation.

So Disney’s attempt at a Chinese market courting failed because she was not pretty enough.... and the locations were not exciting enough?

Can you imagine?
No wonder Fast and Furious did so well.

Asians are now confirmed as morally-deficient beings based on their taste in films too. Welcome to the club.

62910fcf90ea71aef2132d867fc89108.jpg

If TLJ was as good as the OT some of the flaws would be overlooked as well. There’s no such thing as perfect. I never thought I’d see people defending the ST (average, generic almost superhero movies) by putting down the OT (original, mythical, like nothing we had seen before and well executed movies that still haven’t been matched)

It’s like whoever brought up the sub journey in raiders point. I think we all realize how stupid it was that Indy underwent the whole journey like that, but the movie is a masterpiece. Nobody is blind, but the couple of flaws are forgivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back