Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
62910fcf90ea71aef2132d867fc89108.jpg

This is actually addressed in the new comics. Tatooine is the one place Vader would never go again because it would be a reminder of his former self.

(Incidentally he *does* go back there in the comics, and slaughters a couple more tribes of Tusken Raiders for good measure)

You know if TLJ was as good as the OT some of the flaws would be overlooked as well. There’s no such thing as perfect. I never thought I’d see people defending the ST (average, generic almost superhero movies) by putting down the OT (original, mythical, like nothing we had seen before and well executed movies that still haven’t been matched)

It’s like whoever brought up the sub journey in raiders point. I think we all realize how stupid it was that Indy underwent the whole journey like that, but the movie is a masterpiece. Nobody is blind, but the couple of flaws are forgivable.

6492287.gif

This is actually addressed in the new comics. Tatooine is the one place Vader would never go again because it would be a reminder of his former self.

(Incidentally he *does* go back there in the comics, and slaughters a couple more tribes of Tusken Raiders for good measure)

Yeah they knew that as long as Luke was surrounded by sand that he'd be safe.

Asians are now confirmed as morally-deficient beings based on their taste in films too. Welcome to the club.

Don’t forget that they’re crazed sex fiends now as well, they get off on imagining physical relations with actors instead of simply appreciating different beauty standards than us:

So when the Chinese watch TLJ they all double over and start dry-heaving like Drax in GotG 2 because they insist on imagining themselves being with Rose physically? What nut jobs.

1ho2wk.jpg

Ah yes.. sand.. :lol

I’m sure it’d spread through his suit and feel coarse and rough and irritating, and get everywhere like his ventilation systems.

How come no one recognized C3Po? Or R2? Especially Ben?!??

Why didn’t R2 tell Luke who his father was? They spent a lot of time together...

Why didn’t the Death Star just Blow up the planet blocking Yavin instead of waiting to clear the planet? (It’s a planet destroying space station after all).....

Why does Ben now know “there is another?” He was there when they were born?

Rose colored glasses boys .....Rose colored glasses......and decades of explanations....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hilarious that the primary defense of the pile of burning garbage, otherwise known as TLJ, is pointing out inconsistencies in the OT. That's the equivalent of when my kids defend their unacceptable behavior by saying "yeah but johnny also did it"... problem is johnny (OT) didn't crap all over the franchise. the defenders are trying to make a false equivalence by focusing on specific moments in a story rather than the entire sh** show of a movie by KK and Ruin... forest... trees

forest-for-trees.jpg

I'm getting good at the meme stuff :)

It’s like whoever brought up the sub journey in raiders point. I think we all realize how stupid it was that Indy underwent the whole journey like that, but the movie is a masterpiece. Nobody is blind, but the couple of flaws are forgivable.

Respectfully, I disagree...

I think we all grew up and can no longer tolerate anything unless it’s totally logical and has detailed explanations...

We see films being picked apart all the time for similar reasons. It’s just that SW was something we thought would be immune for some reason... and it’s not.

Can you imagine if the PT was released today what would have happened to those? The internet would be even more ruthless than they are now about them...

How come no one recognized C3Po? Or R2? Especially Ben?!??

Why didn’t R2 tell Luke who his father was? They spent a lot of time together...

Why didn’t the Death Star just Blow up the planet blocking Yavin instead of waiting to clear the planet? (It’s a planet destroying space station after all).....

Why does Ben now know “there is another?” He was there when they were born?

Rose colored glasses boys .....Rose colored glasses......and decades of explanations....

Ben did recognize the droid but he was being secretive like he was through out the new hope. He was telling truths from a certain point of view to manipulate Luke.

Ben not knowing that there is another? He probably did know about leia, but the leia he knew wasn't able to use the force to breath in space, survive explosions and fly back to safety. She never exhibited any force powers in front of Ben, he knew there was another skywalker but he truly thought luke was the last hope, he didn't consider leia a jedi or force sensitive.

R2 didn't know about luke because like 3po his mind was wiped at the conclusion of episode 3.

Death Star took some time to charge up and fire, we also do not no how long it would take to recharge after firing, Maybe they didn't blow up that planet because they couldn't do it and shoot the rebel base again fast enough. It would have alerted the rebels and they would have left.

It's hilarious that the primary defense of the pile of burning garbage, otherwise known as TLJ, is pointing out inconsistencies in the OT. That's the equivalent of when my kids defend their unacceptable behavior by saying "yeah but johnny also did it"... problem is johnny (OT) didn't crap all over the franchise. the defenders are trying to make a false equivalence by focusing on specific moments in a story rather than the entire sh** show of a movie by KK and Ruin... forest... trees

forest-for-trees.jpg

I'm getting good at the meme stuff :)

I am not defending anything. I feel people should be able to like what ever they want.....or dislike whatever they want.

But the Why why why stuff is just annoying. Because it’s being used in a fashion that could be applied to just about every classic film ever made....

I mean if you don’t like a character arc I can respect that, but the whole doesn’t make sense argument is just people picking apart stuff similar to other films they let slide because they liked it...

So again, like it, don’t like it, fine....but to say you don’t like it because of plot holes in a space wizard story is kinda weak.... cause every great film have plot hole....some large enough to drive a truck through.

Go on that YouTube site and type in just about any film to see those holes....

I agree about Raiders being a great film.....which is why I ignore stuff like a guy choosing a fist fight over shooting Indy, a clear intruder on the airport runway....

Ben did recognize the droid but he was being secretive like he was through out the new hope. He was telling truths from a certain point of view to manipulate Luke.

Ben not knowing that there is another? He probably did know about leia, but the leia he knew wasn't able to use the force to breath in space, survive explosions and fly back to safety. She never exhibited any force powers in front of Ben, he knew there was another skywalker but he truly thought luke was the last hope, he didn't consider leia a jedi or force sensitive.

R2 didn't know about luke because like 3po his mind was wiped at the conclusion of episode 3.

Death Star took some time to charge up and fire, we also do not no how long it would take to recharge after firing, Maybe they didn't blow up that planet because they couldn't do it and shoot the rebel base again fast enough. It would have alerted the rebels and they would have left.

See these are weak answers to these questions, just as weak as the ones explaining things in TLJ, or Raider or any other film.... plus many of these explanations have taken literally decades to surface.

I can blow each point away, but it’s a waste of time because you LOVE the film....and will vigorously defend it, because of that love no matter how big a plot hole.....

Example: you expect someone to believe Obi , made a huge deal to hid Luke and Leia but didn’t think about Leia being the “other?” Why would he hid either of them? Unless he believes they could be the key to defeating Vader. So basically your telling me , Obi was only concerned for the male child and figures Leia won’t have the force? A Jedi who serves with female Jedi???

The point is , that because you love the film your willing to accept the answers.

And there is nothing wrong with that, I do it too...

The problem lies (which no one seems to get) is , at this age, those plot holes we so easily see in any film , are part of what makes us not like them anymore...it’s the reason half the people on the forum “say” over and over is the REASON, they hate it.

Tell me you don’t like Luke’s arc? Tell me Kylo is a weak character, tell me the space chase is a bad plot....

But the “holes” exist everywhere in all films....

Luke doesn’t understand R2. He’s like us talking to our cat or dog. We think we know what they’re on about but we’re assuming when it comes down to it.

Respectfully, I disagree...

I think we all grew up and can no longer tolerate anything unless it’s totally logical and has detailed explanations...

We see films being picked apart all the time for similar reasons. It’s just that SW was something we thought would be immune for some reason... and it’s not.

Can you imagine if the PT was released today what would have happened to those? The internet would be even more ruthless than they are now about them...

And I must most respectfully disagree again as well, my friend!

I don’t think anyone ever thought SW was immune.. I mean it must be the most argued about franchise of all time outside of Star Trek. The complaints about the OT go back into the 80s and have been discussed to death. That’s why there isn’t a need to bring up those points again, they’ve been well documented, and same with the PT. It’s the ST’s turn now. That’s why going back into those old points is so useless.

It’s like a couple that’s fighting, and some things have changed over the years, but one of them keeps bringing up points from many years ago when the relationship was in a different place. It’s been done, we’ve moved past that, and there’s no point in bringing it up anymore as it doesn’t contribute to the discussion *now*

Though I’m not saying you can’t do it. You can, but it doesn’t serve a purpose anymore and it’s already been argued over for years... and those were *definitely* good movies, not polarizing like this one.

I’m also fine without a lot of detailed explanations, it’s not about that and I’m sure many others here feel the same, but you have to remember we got *no* explanation. It’s not even about it being more detailed.. there was nothing. And that explanation was required, as I said before using hobbit/lotr as an example.

BTW the 2000 pages of debating this is entertaining, but I hope some of you more "dedicated" participants are already multimillionaires... otherwise a lot of this time could've been used to research investments, start a business or work a 2nd job :lol

I'm at work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back