Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great video from Mr Sunday Movies as always, even if you hated the movie:

The worst part is I am more interested in how they are going to fix this hot mess than the actual story they set out to tell. It's minute interest compared to if the story was told correctly and I cared about the characters, they definitely might go for 4 movies no way this fix this **** in 2 hours.

Yes I'm really looking forward to IX, but in a completely different way than what I expected and how I was looking forward to VIII (couldn't have been more excited).
Now I see the sequel from a "can you give me some of the stuff that should have been in VIII and clean up this mess?" standpoint.

Did they not have the story written prior so they could connect all three films? Or are they simply winging it from film to film?

Bro, you're banner is disturbing lol

They are winging it.

Did they not have the story written prior so they could connect all three films? Or are they simply winging it from film to film?

Bro, you're banner is disturbing lol

Rian said he never saw the finished cut on TFA and read the books before turning in his TLJ script. Rian was given full control over all the characters JJ introduced in TFA and story continuation. In the novel there are a few things not in the movie and its obvious Rain didn't read it or know about it. Why cant Rey remember her past if shes nobody? Yes I know my signature is so hot, don't you love them grannies?

During Rey and Kylo fight at the end of TFA Kylo says " it is you".
Rey and Poe meet in the novel which was totally disregarded

I didn’t think Entertainment Tonight would ever offer anything this critical...huh.

Yep. Roz agrees with everything that has been debated by us. The film lacks a coherent story and has gaping plot holes and too many WTF moments. I have now ranked it the worst Star Wars movie out of the 9. That says something because I cannot even watch AOTC. All the setup in TFA and then given the middle finger by Rian Johnson and his TLJ script makes it the most hated film for me. I have never hated a film as much as this one the more I think about it’s incoherent storyline. It sucked no two ways around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I saw a movie that I hated I walked out as the credits rolled...told my wife that I thought it sucked...and made a mental note to avoid any other movies connected to it...didn't talk about it again an hour later...definitely didn't talk about it again the next day...some folks on this thread remind me of the guy that gets dumped by a girl after the first date...tells everyone that he dumped her...and won't shut up for weeks about how ugly she is...ya don't like Star Wars anymore...why not move on?

I agree and I hated this movie. But I will still go see Solo and XI but with absolutely no expectations. At least this movie ended the “mystery box” approach to filmmaking and JJ can write a completely fresh new film as the past OT is now dead except for maybe Lando and Ghost Luke. Yeah! (Sound of toilet flushing!)

Great video from Mr Sunday Movies as always, even if you hated the movie:

Yes I'm really looking forward to IX, but in a completely different way than what I expected and how I was looking forward to VIII (couldn't have been more excited).
Now I see the sequel from a "can you give me some of the stuff that should have been in VIII and clean up this mess?" standpoint.

They are winging it.

That’s a great point that makes me wonder now.

I wonder if Disney/Kennedy/Rian were afraid of a backlash had they made TLJ “safe” by giving what everyone wanted/predicted was supposed to happen after TFA BUT NOW after this backlash they will be forced to go that direction in 9.

My biggest question with 8 remains this, was Leia originally meant to be killed off or not.

Everyone expected her death because of her passing so now i’m really curious about it.

Star Wars Episode Nein: Rescue of the Force

I really hope they do try. After watching videos its apparent that Disney is looking for the year-to-year payout not the overall franchise. The more I think about it 1,2,3 sucked and 8 sucked that's just as many sucks as I liked that's 50%. Has Star Wars really been good after the OT, was this backlash inevitable, was it purposely done to destroy the past and create a new future. If that was the case why make TFA a reflective nostalgic mirror of A New Hope? if Disney's intentions were to steer the movie in another direction why get us vested in new characters only to ruin them. Maybe TFA was a big ****ing worm dangling on a hook to just get our fat asses back in the seat. No way the same people that signed off on TFA liked or approved of TLJ, what the **** happened??

That’s a great point that makes me wonder now.

I wonder if Disney/Kennedy/Rian were afraid of a backlash had they made TLJ “safe” by giving what everyone wanted/predicted was supposed to happen after TFA BUT NOW after this backlash they will be forced to go that direction in 9.

My biggest question with 8 remains this, was Leia originally meant to be killed off or not.

Everyone expected her death because of her passing so now i’m really curious about it.

Unless episode hate was a dream....there ain't no fixing this...only disguising it...Death is another choice too for repairing this abomination

Yep. Roz agrees with everything that has been debated by us. The film lacks a coherent story and has gaping plot holes and too many WTF moments. I have now ranked it the worst Star Wars movie out of the 9. That says something because I cannot even watch AOTC. All the setup in TFA and then given the middle finger by Rian Johnson and his TLJ script makes it the most hated film for me. I have never hated a film as much as this one the more I think about it’s incoherent storyline. It sucked no two ways around it.

Yup, TLJ made it to the bottom of the list for me as well. Originally I was still ranking it above AOTC, but then replayed AOTC in my head and realized it didn't do nearly as much damage as TLJ did to the way I see Star Wars.
Right now if I was forced to sit through one or the other, I would pick AOTC, no hesitation. I can't watch that Canto Bight stuff again, and knowing what the characters of Luke and Snoke do (or don't do) in the movie just removes any remaining reason to watch it.

Unless episode hate was a dream....there ain't no fixing this...only disguising it...Death is another choice too

even it they made it a dream, who dream would it be? Would be stupid for Finn to dream of Yoda and other characters he didn't know. I really think they will have to do 4 movies which would be fine. The only logical person to dream it would be Luke seeing he know most of the characters, besides Rose Rose Binks, Poe, and Finn. I don't think Disney has the balls to make it a dream, either way they still pocketed the money

Yup, TLJ made it to the bottom of the list for me as well. Originally I was still ranking it above AOTC, but then replayed AOTC in my head and realized it didn't do nearly as much damage as TLJ did to the way I see Star Wars.
Right now if I was forced to sit through one or the other, I would pick AOTC, no hesitation. I can't watch that Canto Bight stuff again, and knowing where the characters of Luke and Snoke do (or don't do) in the movie just removes any remaining reason to watch it.

Absofreakinlutey agree 100 %

even it they made it a dream, who dream would it be? Would be stupid for Finn to dream of Yoda and other characters he didn't know. I really think they will have to do 4 movies which would be fine. The only logical person to dream it would be Luke seeing he know most of the characters, besides Rose Rose Binks, Poe, and Finn. I don't think Disney has the balls to make it a dream, either way they still pocketed the money
Finding scapegoats is easy

I'm just stunned still with the blatant agenda of that Gatalenta piece.

I'm in arguments at other forums with people saying that "any agendas are being dreamt up".

the people saying that are easily manipulate by Jedi mind tricks...

Right now if I was forced to sit through one or the other, I would pick AOTC, no hesitation. I can't watch that Canto Bight stuff again, and knowing what the characters of Luke and Snoke do (or don't do) in the movie just removes any remaining reason to watch it.

Yep. I have no desire to sit through it again. I cannot believe I paid to see it again at the urging of a friend who liked it. It was more cringe inducing my second time. I started hating all the secondary characters for their stupidity and lack of simple logic. I.e. Holdo and Rose.

Yep. I have no desire to sit through it again. I cannot believe I paid to see it again at the urging of a friend who liked it. It was more cringe inducing my second time. I started hating all the secondary characters for their stupidity and lack of simple logic. I.e. Holdo and Rose.

Yep once for me too. I live out in the country in Deadwood SD so a trip to the movies is full day event. I saw TFA 3 times but there is no way I can see the Capitalism Trump rants of Blite, or Rose's punchable face. I didn't like the PT but I never had hate or resent for them like this movie. It's makes me embarrassed how upset it made me.

Yes agreed...but never in the annals of film history was it pushed to this level ...nevahh...it was a deletion,wipout of the past,a reprogramming ...again these were the wrong films to mess with SO BLATANT revolution...Star Trek at least remained true ...

While I somewhat agree, I think the push is just that they are actually trying to show a hero different from a white male, something that is was never really done until very recently.

So it feels like it’s being forced. It is especially true in a film where that angle was very rarely shown or shown to a much lesser extent. (Leia)

Hunger Games was always about a female lead. Harry Potter advances females for major roles....

Other than those, female leads still are the rare exception, not the rule.

Posted Dern pic and the SW wiki link to home planet at other forum.

Not well received so far Lol.

"People never cease to amaze." "I disdain your agenda. Fan the flames of division more Craig." :lol

Think I need to pass out some therapy puppies?

While I somewhat agree, I think the push is just that they are actually trying to show a hero different from a white male, something that is was never really done until very recently.

So it feels like it’s being forced. It is especially true in a film where that angle was very rarely shown or shown to a much lesser extent. (Leia)

Hunger Games was always about a female lead. Harry Potter advances females for major roles....

Other than those, female leads still are the rare exception, not the rule.

I think a lot of people are totally fine with a female lead but take issue with Rey's total lack of training, when it's been well established that great power in the Force takes tremendous practice, no matter how naturally gifted you are.
Like a guy was pointing out on YT, to create an actual struggle and make her more relatable, she should also have lost to Kylo Ren in this one, to then come back and defeat him. Now we can just assume she'll defeat him in IX without ever having faced real failure against him.

But really I think Rey is a small part of the issue, it's more about how they introduced Holdo, basically giving her a role that should have been Ackbar's or even Leia's.
They even made Poe kind of a sexist to really hammer their point.

The irony is that someone like me fully "agrees" with their agenda (even the animal rights part, that's actually super important to me), but it has to be done really well and not affect the story being told, ESPECIALLY with Star Wars. Star Wars is the last franchise to use as a testing ground for this kind of stuff.
Female characters are awesome in Marvel movies (I'll admit they don't have huge roles yet but it's getting there), I don't understand why under the same parent company, Lucasfilm screwed up so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back