Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how the light speed jump let that ship rip through the first order fleet? Why don't the rebels have small, unmanned vessels (missiles really) set to auto pilot to do that all the time?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

You know how the light speed jump let that ship rip through the first order fleet? Why don't the rebels have small, unmanned vessels (missiles really) set to auto pilot to do that all the time?

Because they didn't have men like Karamazov running the show...

Wow no way I can keep up with how fast this thread grows LOL!!

gEBmkfE.png

A measured critique of TLJ:

Finally somebody questions Daisy's acting. She really was embarrassing at times, though she was having to deliver some terrible dialogue.

Kevin Smith's review was almost as long as the film. He says he loved it, yet there were so many things he thought were wrong, but forgave them all either because he's being a sycophantic, or because he merely strapped himself in to be taken for a ride. Numerous times he said TLJ was "a big **** you to JJ", then pulls back to lessen the blow. Watching his review is a constant test to see how long he can go before swearing for no other reason than to join his sentences together.

So I am watching a review about how this film is about breaking down our hero's and letting them go and looking to the future.. And I think... "Doesn't the wonderful Rose destroy all of that?" She basically falls in love with and saves Fin purely out of hero worship. Message would have hit home more if her actions caused some sort of real consequence.. But.. Oh I don't know and I kinda don't care anymore.. Just tell a good story damn it :lol

"That’s how we’re going to win against ISIS - not fighting what we hate, saving what we love.":lecture

:rotfl

This thread is more entertaining than anything on Netflix.

I was just at my best friends house.. Been friends since 1st grade.. He is a Huge Star Wars fan but did not get a chance to go see it until today because he wanted to go with his whole family.. I said absolutely nothing to him other then I thought he would like it (He enjoyed TFA)

OMG.. The wrath he just spit out about this film... He hated it so much.. I actually found myself defending the film :lol

I feel so bad for him...

I had the reverse order, but the same - my friend who I went to see ESB with back in 1980; bigger SW fan than me, even liked TPM with a "but it's Star Wars..." comment (at the time, much less so now.)

He saw TLJ at the very first midnight screening (I couldn't go) - I didn't hear from him. I text him next morning - nothing. Then I speak with him - he says "not sure what I should say." He rates it "maybe a 6/10." I'm shocked. He gave TFA a 9. Then it starts to come out - how much he hated TLJ. He's a calm guy who loves nearly everything Star Wars. Ends up with a 5/10. Then I go to see it. I start out the same way - a calm 6/10, then the more I mull it, the worse it gets.

He's not on social media, so would never do a Rottentomatoes review or comment in an online forum like this.

Leland Chee is working with ILM for the retcons, which will be released on Blu-Ray at the end of January, and will be permanently included in all copies of the OT on the new Disney streaming service by the end of 2018.

It apparently has something to do with one of the pilots at the Ewok celebration at the end of ROTJ asking an officer why they didn't use light speed as a weapon, and the officer face-plants and says they will use it from now on, and he's not sure why they didn't use it because it was possible all this time. The move is henceforth then named after that pilot, Lt. Behynd-lick, so called a Behynd-lick manuever.

The evasions that are happening were going to have to happen at some point if Johnson's career is going to grow, move forward and stay vital.

Kevin Smith's review was almost as long as the film. He says he loved it, yet there were so many things he thought were wrong, but forgave them all either because he's being a sycophantic, or because he merely strapped himself in to be taken for a ride. Numerous times he said TLJ was "a big **** you to JJ", then pulls back to lessen the blow. Watching his review is a constant test to see how long he can go before swearing for no other reason than to join his sentences together.

He should just be wearing a shirt that tells the truth - WILL SHOOT ANY SCRIPT FOR FOOD.

Kevin Smith's relationship with Star Wars:

25p7fcn.jpg

I had the reverse order, but the same - my friend who I went to see ESB with back in 1980; bigger SW fan than me, even liked TPM with a "but it's Star Wars..." comment (at the time, much less so now.)

He saw TLJ at the very first midnight screening (I couldn't go) - I didn't hear from him. I text him next morning - nothing. Then I speak with him - he says "not sure what I should say." He rates it "maybe a 6/10." I'm shocked. He gave TFA a 9. Then it starts to come out - how much he hated TLJ. He's a calm guy who loves nearly everything Star Wars. Ends up with a 5/10. Then I go to see it. I start out the same way - a calm 6/10, then the more I mull it, the worse it gets.

He's not on social media, so would never do a Rottentomatoes review or comment in an online forum like this.

I really tried to dig this flick, but as soon as I left the theater my fiance asked what I thought and as much as it hurt I had to admit it wasn t good, in fact only AOTC was worse. But on further reflection, I can't even say that now. There were at least 5 cringeworthy shots, they were like kicks to my stomach..or worse. Later I thought about why sometimes characters do one thing, then in a similar situation later, something different. What was Disney Johnson's purpose?

That is how I was also.. Enjoyed it but then started to think about it... That seems to be the problem with this film. Its good as long as you don;t think about it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back