Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don’t see this movie being any less guilty than TFA of ripping off from the OT I just think it was integrated in a more thrilling manner with higher stakes.

As usual amazing review by DiFabio and while i’m able to recognize that he, Wor-Gar and JAWS complaints are all valid I was still able to simply just enjoy the movie more than I did TFA and definately way more than the PT.

I’m a 6’4 guy that absolutely loved the crying porg closeup with the trembling lips I bursted out laughing with my wife and son as did the entire dumb audience. :lol

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

“Making jokes about SE in the real world”

Great if way putting it. I’ll one up that and say that it takes me out of it when they mention ANYTHING real world related. Happened durring the PT also, when colloquialisms like “dad” we’re used and Padme said she was on her “9 year old field trip” basically. Just using the word “pallets” and “Godspeed” in TLJ were jarring to me.

@Racetrack: thinking on it further, we have no idea what a final Edwards cut would have looked like. Just because KK and crew didn’t like it (and we know their track record) doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have been great. May have even made R1 better!

bOCAaro.gif

That is perfection right there.

A silly scene turned into an epic heroic sacrifice.

Both sister and brother would’ve had great send offs in TLJ had they gone with that.

That would’ve made the force very bad ass more so than just using a lightsaber.

Last edited:

Listening to the score. At least John Williams is on point :lecture

I actually make a comment to my wife about John Williams still being around after 40 years and still getting it right. Can't say the same for this movie. You know it's bad when the audience in the theater is pretty much silent throughout the whole movie.

Boring audience.....viewing I attend people clapped, cheered, laughed and only became quite after Luke’s entry into the force

“Making jokes about SE in the real world”

Great if way putting it. I’ll one up that and say that it takes me out of it when they mention ANYTHING real world related. Happened durring the PT also, when colloquialisms like “dad” we’re used and Padme said she was on her “9 year old field trip” basically. Just using the word “pallets” and “Godspeed” in TLJ were jarring to me.

@Racetrack: thinking on it further, we have no idea what a final Edwards cut would have looked like. Just because KK and crew didn’t like it (and we know their track record) doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have been great. May have even made R1 better!

You mean something like "Flying through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!" :lol

TLJ is unironically one of, if not the very best Star Wars movie.

There are two major themes running through it: letting go of the past and defying expectations. Letting go of the past, as in saying goodbye to the old favorites, and making the new characters take center stage. Honest to god, I didn't care about Rey, Finn or Poe after TFA, but I loved them by the end of this.

And defying expectations, as in putting twists and turns in the story. I can't say that you won't see the plot twists coming, but those are a lot better than in an average blockbuster. I wonder if Abrams is salty that Johnson shaped his ideas so much?

I wouldn't call TLJ a deconstruction, though it comes close.

Felt very much like Kotor 2, interpreting the mythos in a different way (Luke has shades of Kreia). The humor was also great, measured gracefully and in the adequate places, Marvel could learn a LOT from this one.
The acting is superb, Del Toro, Dern and Tran all brought something to the table.

And there is a silent space battle scene towards the end which left the audience breathless.

True. Sadly we'll never know. I doubt we'll ever see a director's cut.

The biggest problem I see with the ST is right in the first line: "Luke Skywalker has vanished."

There were so many ways to go with that. So many reasons why or how he disappeared. Obviously JJ didn't give a ****...that's the next guy's problem. Same as Rey and Snoke.

Remember before TFA when rumors were flying that Luke wasn't seen til act 3 cause he was really the bad guy all along? That would have been bold as hell but still awful to see. But they had to have SOME reason he vanished...so he's just a coward and a failure and essentially the galaxy's biggest quitter. After everything he went through and overcame. That's just blitheringly stupid to me.

Remember the other wild theory? That Luke was in hiding cause his powers were out of control, and when Han finally finds him in act 3, he inadvertently ends up killing Han? I thought that was a load of rubbish when I read it. But I think I'd almost prefer it now. At least Luke wouldn't have been a coward who hid cause he basically gave up. Him hiding out of a desire to protect the people around him makes way more sense for his character.

The script for episode 9 before JJ Abrams got rid of it was luke's force ghost showing up to milk some more creatures for 2 hours.

Want my honest opinion?

When that kid popped up at the end looking up at the sky I wanted to go Anakin on him and ignite a lightsaber thru his skull :lol

That and during the movie I was sitting next to a 30 something latina with a miniskirt and the smell of her snatch was turning me on so freaking much it was driving me crazy!

Benicio del Toro was absolutely wasted in this movie...the middle part of the movie with Rose and Finn was brutal.

I remember the speculations way back when his casting was announced.
My mind and many others went straight to "awesome dark side/Sith lord type character that operates for Snoke in secret" or something along those lines. I could never have imagined how much of a waste his casting would be, especially after seeing him in Sicario.

They really dropped the ball on every single level.

It's ****ing mind-blowing that Disney managed to release a movie that gives me more appreciation for the prequels.

Want my honest opinion?

When that kid popped up at the end looking up at the sky I wanted to go Anakin on him and ignite a lightsaber thru his skull :lol

That and during the movie I was sitting next to a 30 something latina with a miniskirt and the smell of her snatch was turning me on so freaking much it was driving me crazy!

so THATS what you meant by new smell... she probably needs some antibiotic cream for that

And IMDB has an 8.1/10.

Click on the "user reviews" and start scrolling. I haven't seen anything above 6/10 stars yet. I call BS on the 8.1/10 rating. Most ratings are 1-3 stars.

I actually make a comment to my wife about John Williams still being around after 40 years and still getting it right. Can't say the same for this movie. You know it's bad when the audience in the theater is pretty much silent throughout the whole movie.

Hard to believe he's 85. Been doing it for 6 decades and still going strong. Hope he at least does IX.

so THATS what you meant by new smell... she probably needs some antibiotic cream for that

Oh no no no I know bad snatch smell this was strawberries and everything nice.

It was absolutely phenomenal she knew what she was doing lol

I even asked the wife to ask the girl what she was using but she wouldn’t do it.

Now my wife is all jealous and hasn’t done my laundry and still hasn’t made my coffee this morning since the movie lol

Last edited:

Click on the "user reviews" and start scrolling. I haven't seen anything above 6/10 stars yet. I call BS on the 8.1/10 rating. Most ratings are 1-3 stars.

I've never rated a movie on there until today.

I gave it 1/10, which is a bit generous as there was no 0/10 option. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back