Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that definitely seems like the kind of thing they should have saved for the theater.

I still can't believe this damn thing hasn't been spoiled for real yet. Unless I missed something.

Some of her faces she makes are strange. That derp face she made was odd

Derp face!
afb41cbf9c799b06e27b3bb60eeb2a17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I gotta think Disney loved what they have with TLJ to have Rian do a new Trilogy.

Excited for TLJ.

Bought force awakens in 3d recently and watched it for the first time since the theaters. Such a great movie , the hate it gets is crazy. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fans and this movies really knows how to get emotions and stakes goin. It focuses on family and the classic battle within everyone of evil vs good. I know every one here loves the lore and fan stories and the this and the thAt. But I think the magic of the original trilogy (and why it works even watching it all these years later) is the simplicity and the easy relatable themes. Not "ohh Darth maul did that in that one show , and obi ones aunt did this "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derp face!
afb41cbf9c799b06e27b3bb60eeb2a17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just saw that on a tv spot :horror Rey is even in between the guards

All this footage on the guards and merch but nothing on the KOR, I wonder if they will be in EP IX instead :dunno

Bought force awakens in 3d recently and watched it for the first time since the theaters. Such a great movie , the hate it gets is crazy. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fans and this movies really knows how to get emotions and stakes goin. It focuses on family and the classic battle within everyone of evil vs good. I know every one here loves the lore and fan stories and the this and the thAt. But I think the magic of the original trilogy (and why it works even watching it all these years later) is the simplicity and the easy relatable themes. Not "ohh Darth maul did that in that one show , and obi ones aunt did this "

If you're not a fan of the original trilogy and you don't care about those characters and you just turn off your brain and join JJ on his rollarcoaster ride of excitement and emotions!, yeah I can see how you would like it.

It's a dumb and offensive movie. It disrespects the old while also copying it. Badly.

JJ probably isn't "that huge a fan" either. Though he tries to pass off as one.

This ****ing scene, man. This sums it all up.
fuckchewie.jpg

What is wrong with that scene ? I love the original star wars but I never read any extra books or looked into it that deep... because the best parts of the original Star Wars trilogy ARE NOT THAT DEEP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't really get that either. But I don't think I've ever read as hard a stance against TFA as Sachiel just expressed.

Is it the Chewbacca fly-by that is so offensive?

I don’t know what is annoying more..seeing all that red dust or the Porgs in this film :pfft:

I like the porgs and the red. :lol I saw the clip today of the porg stuck to the window and thought it was funny. :dunno

Still not crazy about the apparently always-terrified Luke we've seen so far. It's like sweaty Finn pre-TFA.

I like the porgs and the red. :lol I saw the clip today of the porg stuck to the window and thought it was funny. :dunno

Still not crazy about the apparently always-terrified Luke we've seen so far. It's like sweaty Finn pre-TFA.

I’m looking forward to crazy scared hermit Luke. I think it’s interesting to see what has happened to him being by himself for so many years. This could be Hamill’s best acting next to the Joker of course :lol

Yeah I love his performance I just hope there's more to Luke. I mean I'm sure there is but the marketing is mostly the same two lines.

Is it the Chewbacca fly-by that is so offensive?

I would imagine yes, having Chewy ignored by Leia and ignore her seems a bit out of character consider everything prior. Chewy looked out for Leia when Han was frozen and sent off to Jabba, and Han and Chewy's relationship goes way back before Luke came along.

Based on what we know so far of Rey, there wasn't a lot of time for her to be so broken up over what happened to Han for Leia to feel such need to comfort her over Chewy, so I think for some, it feels like a forced bond between original and new cast over a moment that should be very emotional over the loss of Han.

Perhaps TLJ will redeem with how Luke takes the news.

I remember thinking it was odd that Leia and Rey embraced but I liked the bond between Rey and Han so I bought her grief. The Chewie thing...I never thought about it until I heard the complaints. And I see the validity but I felt like that moment was oddly staged and cut. The first time I thought Chewie was helping to get Finn to the medics. But JJ has gone on record apologizing for the oversight so shame on me I guess for not being bothered about it. :lol

For me, Leia going to Rey didn't offend, it just made me think her parentage has some tie to the Skywalker family that even Leia could sense and thus, the quick bond between them, maybe Leia doesn't know for certain, like hey you're my niece, but it just seemed like Leia and Han both had moments where they acted like they sense Rey is closer to them than just some stranger they came upon, like when Han offers her a job.

Yeah I love his performance I just hope there's more to Luke. I mean I'm sure there is but the marketing is mostly the same two lines.

Let’s face it though if I had to sum up TFA.. it would be the intro of Rey, Kylo and Finn, but more importantly the final farewell to Han. It will be hard to beat Harrison’s performance from TFA. I think Luke is going to be in EP IX , so he doesn’t have to be showcased too much. We need to learn more about Rey, because she is the real mystery to this new era..hope they do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back