Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is definitely a new wave of shame sweeping China. Those who have seen TLJ.

Its a good bet that TLJ just destroyed the Chinese market from any further interest in Star Wars. Solo will tell.

For China Solo is being renamed from "Solo: A Star Wars Story" to "Solo: A Guardians of the Galaxy-ish Story."

Last week it dropped from 92% of screens. This week 100% of screens. Next week they're sending everyone who *did* see it to death camps.

ys5paqebvifz.jpg

At this rate, the Chinese may not even accept Solo into their market.
But ... if they play up the Kessel Run and any other "chase" scenes, they may be confused into thinking it's the latest Fast and Furious movie and love it.

They can put the money they market to china into something else.

Like any marketing at all? :lol

It's weird how the movie is roughly four months away and we haven't seen any advertisements for it, apart from a few set pictures and leaked stuff.

It is very weird. But maybe that's Disney's new plan, if no one knows anything about it, and everyone wants to know about it, they will see it. :lol

I agree it's all about the nostalgia/familiarity with the franchise (and not Fast&Furious lol), when I heard China had popup boxes onscreen giving character backstory that really made it clear to me why it's not doing well there.

But TFA did well there.. why would they need pop up boxes? Other than for Luke possibly

when I heard China had popup boxes onscreen giving character backstory that really made it clear to me why it's not doing well there.

Wait, what? So would they freeze frame throughout the movie to give little latin terms like Loony Tunes too?

Road-Runner.jpg

Finn: "progressimus high token-us"

Rose: "pandering not hot-imus"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back