Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like she has a shaved taco

I like tacos.

pcgK085.jpg

crows you trying to use reverse psychology?

Watch it boys crows wants the thread to die like it did with JL to show there is no interest for TLJ.

actually no, I dont want it to die, I just want funnier posts instead of real serious ad nauseum talk about the movie :peace

Only BB8 from TFA/TLJ but that will be changing as I want the whole Praetorian guard set up plus Rey, Kylo and Poe.

I also own K2SO.

I want every one of those Hot Toys. And then again hopefully on vintage style Kenner cardbacks.

Please SSC make a Crait Luke Premium Format. :pray:

The last Jedi has been completely pulled from all movie theatres in its second week in China, after the initial 90% drop last week.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-chinese-theaters/

The Last Jedi earned $28.7 million in its opening weekend in China at the start of January. That number was the lowest of Lucasfilm’s latest releases thus far; The Force Awakens grossed $52 million in its opening weekend, whereas Gareth Edwards’ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story opened to $30 million. While those movies went on to more than double their opening grosses in the country – with The Force Awakens earning $124 million and Rogue One taking in $69.5 million – The Last Jedi is, unfortunately, performing differently. Episode VIII added only $2.4 million in its second weekend in China. And now that it has reportedly been removed from all theaters, it will end its run in the world’s second largest moviegoing market with only $31.1 million.

Jimmy Wu, chairman of Chinese theater chain Lumiere Pavilions, said “The Last Jedi has already been completely pulled from cinemas here. It’s performed much worse than we could have expected.”

That's pretty surprising. I guess China has no nostalgic drive fueling Star Wars like in the US. Maybe more droids and less pointless characters like Finn and the chick in dirty work coveralls.

Here's my ranking of the Star Wars Films:

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Rogue One

I pretend that the rest don't exist. The Force Awakens would have been 5th on the list, but it forces me to acknowledge TLJ...

Yeah, I'd put RO at 3.5 on that list. I didn't love it when it came out, but I'm sure starting to love it now.:lol

I think I was kinda angry at the movie because Gareth got fired, but maybe I'm over that. Jyn's an earnest bore (well, so is Cassian) but is pretty hot, and that ending battle is so great even on later viewings.

There's whole sequences of ROTJ that are on-par with the best of SW or ESB, but there's also a decent dose of garbage. I think that's the way I'll view RO, but it'll always be a step down on ROTJ because it doesn't have the OT heroes..

I realized that TLJ is the end of the ST for me. Still curious about Solo though - even if it's bad, it'll have some of the same OT mojo that made RO great.

In the most powerful words of the messiah-literatist of ex-mods, Trash Panda, I give you a:

Trash Panda was a mod?

I want every one of those Hot Toys. And then again hopefully on vintage style Kenner cardbacks.

Please SSC make a Crait Luke Premium Format. :pray:

They just teased this under a "Battle of Not-Hoth" banner...

chuckneck2.jpg

:monkey3

Beard could be darker, but maybe the hood will fix that.:dunno

You think hot toys will make rose with authentic fart action like in the movie?

^^ I'm seeing John Boyega following her around saying "I Am One With the Force and the Force Is With Me.":lol

Let us sympathize with the retailers. The smaller ones like BBTS at least. Im sure no one sympathizes with the likes of Wal-Mart and Jeff Bazos' Amazon.

‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Has Already Been Pulled From Chinese Theaters
Posted on Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 by Hoai-Tran Bui
The Last Jedi china

Star Wars: The Last Jedi wasn’t the movie that Chinese audiences were looking for. The science-fiction sequel tanked in China, following up a disappointing $28.7 million debut with one of the worst second-weekend declines the Chinese box office had ever seen. To kick the movie while it was down, it came in second that weekend to the third film in a sexist domestic romantic-comedy series, The Ex-File 3: The Return of the Exes.

After a 92% drop in its second weekend, Star Wars: The Last Jedi has already been pulled from Chinese theaters, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Jimmy Wu, chairman of nationwide Chinese cinema chain Lumiere Pavilions, told THR:

“The Last Jedi has already been completely pulled from cinemas here. It’s performed much worse than we could have expected.”

While Rian Johnson‘s film has shot to the top of the box office in North America, becoming the highest-grossing movie of 2017, Disney and Lucasfilm have failed to crack the ever-perplexing Chinese market, which controls a huge portion of the worldwide box office grosses thanks to its standing as the second-largest film market in the world. According to Forbes, Last Jedi is the worst-performing big budget movie in China since 2013’s The Lone Ranger. At this rate, Last Jedi will finish in China with only $50 million, performing worse than box office disappointments like Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets ($62 million) and Geostorm ($65.6 million).

So what’s the cause of this surprising drop? Chinese market research experts tell THR that it’s because Chinese audiences are largely unfamiliar with the franchise, which has no cultural “legacy” in the country. The original trilogy never received a wide release in China, and young audiences mostly flocked to The Force Awakens out of curiosity, and Rogue One out of excitement for its Chinese stars Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen. But the box office performances of Star Wars movies have been degrading across the board, market researcher James Li said, with Force Awakens raking in $124 million in 2016 and Rogue One earning $69 million in 2017 — both well below Disney’s forecasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back