Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're calling something improv, then you need to quote the post about George making it up as he goes and not quote someone complaining about leaving off a documentary. Otherwise it just makes no sense. :dunno

Flow my man, flow! But hey, I'll be sure to work on my forum "etiquette":dance

Hey, that's a fair & cool observation. I can totally go with that, and it doesn't hurt my feelings in the least.

So, essentially peeps like me & Josh combine to bring balance to the Force. :rock

And with that this thread has now come full circle. :hi5:

Who said anything about trying to hurt anyone's feelings? I just think some people need to look at themselves before judging others. And there are some people who just need to chill out.

MNhWd.png

You know, Samuel Jackson is such a cool actor. I'm surprised he was never in a Star Wars film. He would have made a great Jedi.

Is there any reviews for the complete saga yet need to see some reviews so I know to cancel my order or not.

I can't keep up with this thread, so I skip about ten pages a day...

But I'm still mad as hell! :mad: :lol

And I'm still getting this set! Dammit! :rotfl

That is all. :exactly:

Do you guys really need it on the 16th? If you wait, it'll eventually clearance. Some day you'll see this very set in discount bins at Walmart or on ebay with discount deals and free shipping. They're movies we've all seen (kinda:lol) and own (kinda:lol). Is better quality that much of a necessity the day of?

Don't even get me started on preordering...

Do we flame Miles Davis or his memory for not planning every note?
No. But many of us do "flame" Miles for caving into commercial pressures during and following his "fusion" period and degrading into a pale shadow of what he once was.

Fortunately, he never decided to go back and "80s-ify" Kind of Blue or Sketches of Spain with some ____ty, contemporary (at the time) riff or electric keyboard solo here or there, because the technology just wasn't available when those recording were first made, etc.

I can't imagine him saying--"Hey, Coltrane was good, but Kenny G is great! Time to record over some of that ____. It'll sell a billion albums!"

Yes, I know this is taking a quote out of context :lol

it took a crazy weirdo to make SW in the 1st place, so you have to forgive the same crazy weirdo for tinkering i guess. i was pissed about the changes at first, but they don't really bother me anymore.

except vader's 1st no. it reminded me of something annoying and out of place but couldn't put my finger on it... UNTIL NOW!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshkO8HqQ10"]Consuela says "No" for about 30 seconds - YouTube[/ame]

EMPEROR: hey vades... gonna fry your son.
VADER: e no. he stay. emperor afuera.

Art is too important for artists to be allowed control over it.

i absolutely agree. but sadly we don't live in a world where that is enforceable or upheld in any real way. moviemakers, fashion brands, musicians all talk loftily about their work being part of a cultural exchange. but the second you graffiti a billboard that hangs gaudily in your neighbourhood, or sample a song or movie clip you're treated like a criminal (despite them getting away with "stealing" from themselves and us all the time). sadly culture generally flows in one direction - the one that makes money. i know SW is important to lots of people and they want it unaltered. but unless the sale of the blu-ray bombs nobody will care. maybe it will but i'm thinking that all the outraged outspoken people are only a minority in the grand scheme of potential sales.

and since i'm not a die-hard fan, just a casual one, i'll probably end up buying this once it's a little cheaper too.

It's perfectly fine if you don't have any discernible standards for your art and entertainment. But many of us do. At the end of the day that's the biggest difference between the "apologists" and the "haters".

Seriously, get off your high horse. You have some nerve to judge other people's opinion as you are. There is a big difference between art and entertainment. On some occasions that boundary tightens. But telling other people they don't have "discernible" standards because they don't all bow down to art/entertainment guru Carl? Please.

So how do explain your unremitting love for "SuckerPunch"?
:lol A movie which has almost universally been panned. Whose "discernible" taste is correct?

Your not painting a very pretty of yourself as a human being here IrishJedi....
Different people like different things for different reasons, noone is saying TPM or AOTC are art. Get over it.

Last edited:
It's perfectly fine if you don't have any discernible standards for your art and entertainment. But many of us do.

Says the diehard fan of Watchmen the movie, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Green Lantern, etc... :duh :D

We all like movies that are more "fun" than good. You know I even share your appreciation of GL. But your KOTCS is my TPM, and I'll be more than happy to own it on blu.

Oh, and Khev... Kurtz is "mis-remembering" some of that stuff. I'm gonna have to go with the dated documents that I read with my own eyes (which is the only way one can as they're not allowed to leave the Archives... along with lots of other treasures... and photography or photocopying is met with a fate worse than Captain Antilles).

Of course, this was 7-8 years ago, and I'm getting old myself... :lol

Well from our point of you there's you typing one scenario on the internet and one of the guys that actually helped George pen those scenarios speaking on the internet with a different story. I'm going to assume the latter is recounting the correct version. :nana:

Last edited:
Says the diehard fan of Watchmen the movie, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Green Lantern, etc... :duh :D

We all like movies that are more "fun" than good. You know I even share your appreciation of GL. But your KOTCS is my TPM, and I'll be more than happy to own it on blu.

Well from our point of you there's you typing one scenario on the internet and one of the guys that actually helped George pen those scenarios speaking on the internet with a different story. I'm going to assume the latter is recounting the correct version. :nana:

Of course we all like bad movies because theyre fun or entertaining to us. I personally like cheesy b-movies and honestly bad horror flicks. But I try to maintain perspective. So I call bull poop on your comparisons. I'm quite certain you like TPM a lot more than I do KOTCS, which I actually have tons of problems with. I just don't hate it. Probably tied with (or just below) TLC as the weakest in the series. But I still prefer either of those over the PT, personally.

GREEN LANTERN? As a longtime fan of the character I enjoyed the film. But I'd hardly champion it. It has its issues, too. Same with CAPTAIN AMERICA, which I was pleasantly surprised with and would definitely say is better than GL.

I admittedly cannot and will not objectively review the WATCHMEN movie, or SUCKER PUNCH, or the upcoming MAN OF STEEL. I recuse myself from any debates over those films and will only discuss anecdotal topics.

Anything else you wanna try and throw at me? :p

Back