Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the packaging was the same aside from disc art?

UK got cheap and nasty (not my pics)

ZRFki.jpg

uIvkW.jpg

someone please tell me the US one is region free... so sick of these crappy UK anthology disc holders. they're so flimsy and fragile and generic looking. for SW you'd think they'd go all out. like in the US. bastards.

someone please tell me the US one is region free... so sick of these crappy UK anthology disc holders. they're so flimsy and fragile and generic looking. for SW you'd think they'd go all out. like in the US. bastards.

yeah it's region free but it'll cost ya about £10 more than UK version

yeah it's region free but it'll cost ya about £10 more than UK version

You will also get the Jango headbut in AOTC, as it was cut from the UK DVD release
Not sure if it's still cut from the Blu-ray?
I will definitely be getting Indiana Jones blu from the US when it comes out, so I can have the uncut heart ripping scene

You will also get the Jango headbut in AOTC, as it was cut from the UK DVD release
I will definitely be getting Indiana Jones blu from the US when it comes out, so I can have the uncut heart ripping scene

Speaking of which, wasn't that supposed to be out this year? :mad:

yeah i got my indy dvd set from US....a lot of cuts made to UK version including short round getting slapped silly just before chalice scene :lol

Speaking of which, wasn't that supposed to be out this year? :mad:

I thought it was SW this year and Indy next year

I think that is the plan now.
I have the films in HD on my hard drive from when the BBC broadcast them, and they look great. Blu-ray versions will look even better, so I hope they do not get pushed back again.
It could have been down to Star Wars and Jurassic Park coming out around the same time

I think that is the plan now.
I have the films in HD on my hard drive from when the BBC broadcast them, and they look great. Blu-ray versions will look even better, so I hope they do not get pushed back again.
It could have been down to Star Wars and Jurassic Park coming out around the same time

there's a 30th anniversary screening of a remastered print of raiders in LA shortly, I expect blu-ray set to be announced there

https://herocomplex.latimes.com/201...lost-ark-with-steven-spielberg-qa-on-sept-12/

Steven did change the guns to walkie talkies in ET so who knows what he'll do to Indy.

He also included the theatrical edition, and in an interview with Quint at AICN, he says he will not change Jaws and regrets the changes to E.T
https://www.aintitcool.com/node/49921

Steven Spielberg: When people ask me which E.T. they should look at, I always tell them to look at the original 1982 E.T. If you notice, when we did put out E.T. we put out two E.T.s. We put out the digitally enhanced version with the additional scenes and for no extra money, in the same package, we put out the original ‘82 version. I always tell people to go back to the ’82 version.

Back