Prop ANOVOS goes into Star Wars Costuming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently received another email from them trying to get me to pre-order some additional helmets. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for X-Wing Luke helmet that was ordered on April 2018...

I'll never order from them again. I just hope I eventually receive the helmet, as my requests for a refund have been ignored.

How is the quality of their Kylo ren helmet. I see they say it is back in stock but not sure how good it is for the $700 price tag.

https://www.therpf.com/forums/threa...ostuming-license.212164/page-361#post-5019830

Bobafett46 (RPF)

ALRIGHT!!! Received the Anovos Mandolorian helmet this afternoon. Initial impression: it is extremely well done. I have to caveat the fact that I am not extremely familiar with the screen used version and all of its intricacies other than looking at screen grabs from the show. There is a prominent “made in the USA” tag on the inside liner of the helmet - the hand painted and weathered effects are well done (I really like the rust effects they did in the crevices!). Attached are some photos so you all can be the judge, but I am pleased with my purchase and EXTREMELY happy the process worked out relatively close to what Anovos promised (not quite shipped by the show’s premiere, but I can deal with a month and a half delay relative to what some of you have unfortunately experienced). The only head scratcher for me is that they used black decals on the “range finder” base areas on the side - not sure why they didn’t just paint it black since they went through the effort of painting and weathering the entire helmet. This is my first Anovos prop replica; I have EFX and tons of super-high quality and impressive fan-made stuff and I would have to say that the only thing I think could be better than this would be something custom made out of Regal Robot (Tom Spina’s shop), but of course it would not be as cost effective as this despite the healthy price tag. Happy to answer any questions, just let me know!

2049CA9F-4682-4477-8E39-ACA925106061.jpg 1BEA77B6-43F0-401A-AC56-4D6D415EED76.jpg 7CAAC078-0D8A-46EC-A40E-523BEEAD2849.jpg 17F6FBDF-3323-4AC0-B915-EFA8D04E125A.jpg C50662A6-AA57-4EED-8F6A-5305F786B14E.jpgAB2FBD33-62EB-43CC-AD66-84F4D60EA1B0.jpg

For those that don?t go into the eFX PCR thread.

View attachment 477427

I ordered the Anovos Mando helmet on December 26, got my invoice, but absolutely no shipping notice or anything from them.
When did you get yours?
I assume you got a shipping notice? If so, how long before actually receiving?
I?m just trying to figure out what?s going on because they allowed us to order under the pretense it?s only in stock, so no idea why it would take over a month to ship an in stock item, when people are obviously receiving theirs. And of course their customer service is patently useless.

Looks like Anovos put out a winner. I have one item from them and it's great. It's a shame they are so back logged with products.

I ordered the Anovos Mando helmet on December 26, got my invoice, but absolutely no shipping notice or anything from them.
When did you get yours?
I assume you got a shipping notice? If so, how long before actually receiving?
I?m just trying to figure out what?s going on because they allowed us to order under the pretense it?s only in stock, so no idea why it would take over a month to ship an in stock item, when people are obviously receiving theirs. And of course their customer service is patently useless.

Got that same e-mail the same day as you and I got the runaround for three weeks while I saw people who paid after me get their tracking #'s and helmet before me and all I was told is that they were packaged in waves and are being sent out as fast as they can.

I will say they got a couple of pissed off e-mails during that time from me because I also didn't like the fact that the initial e-mails pressure you to pay within 48 hours because they were supposedly "ready to ship" immediately so I know what you're going through. I threatened them last Friday that I was going to file a chargeback and I got a tracking# on Monday morning. But my helmet had already shipped that Friday so I'm not sure if it was just coincidental or not but whatever.

Got that same e-mail the same day as you and I got the runaround for three weeks while I saw people who paid after me get their tracking #'s and helmet before me and all I was told is that they were packaged in waves and are being sent out as fast as they can.

I will say they got a couple of pissed off e-mails during that time from me because I also didn't like the fact that the initial e-mails pressure you to pay within 48 hours because they were supposedly "ready to ship" immediately so I know what you're going through. I threatened them last Friday that I was going to file a chargeback and I got a tracking# on Monday morning. But my helmet had already shipped that Friday so I'm not sure if it was just coincidental or not but whatever.

Thank you for the info! They ignored my first email sent on Jan 23. I sent another one yesterday which surprisingly they responded to promptly, gave me a non answer other than ?it could ship any day now,? and now I have a shipment notification and tracking number.
Could be coincidence, but I only seem to get progress with Anovos when I bug them. That?s not the best business model for them to adopt.

Anovos finally shipped the Sandtrooper helmet I ordered three years ago. All it took was the world to end.

Back