Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is there a link to the saga set on amazon? I only saw the PT and OT ones..

Here is a link to an interesting article called: Saving Star Wars: The Special Edition Restoration Process and its Changing Physicality. It does a good job of explaining how the Special Editions were made and why the original versions are not restored.

There is no date on the article but there are several good articles on the site to read through.

https://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/savingstarwars.html

I placed my order as well, but I would not be surprised if somewhere down the line the price goes down due to competition with Best Buy and Wal Mart, it almost always does when it comes to really big releases.

ALSO, I am sure there will be exclusives, which may sway some of us, depending on what they are.

Amazon will price match for up to 30 days I think. They are very going about checking around and refunding you your money.

Will only get the Saga if there's OT deleted scenes on that set. Otherwise only need OT.

Yes, the set is the only way to get the deleted scenes. Each trilogy is 3 disks, while the saga together is 9 with 30 hours of bonus, including deleted scenes from both. We've already been teased with one, the Jedi scene of Luke finishing his lightsaber.

It's not just the picture I am looking forward to, it's the sound as well. Tie fighters, Lightsabers, R2D2, Blasters. Ben Burtt's sounds, and John William's score sounding better than ever. I can't wait. :rock

Here is a link to an interesting article called: Saving Star Wars: The Special Edition Restoration Process and its Changing Physicality. It does a good job of explaining how the Special Editions were made and why the original versions are not restored.

There is no date on the article but there are several good articles on the site to read through.

https://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/savingstarwars.html

I'm familiar with the site because of their article about Jabba the Hutt's appearance in A New Hope. Even though Lucas claims that he shot the scene intending to replace Declan Mulholland with a stop-motion alien, I don't think that makes any sense, and they agree with me.

The article about the restoration of Star Wars is quite long, but definitely worth a read or at least a skim. I didn't know about all of the issues with the original negative, for example, but from what it said, it doesn't seem like it would be impossible to restore the original films if Lucas actually wanted to. He just doesn't. The idea that it would be too expensive or difficult to restore the original films, when you could easily make millions of dollars with a new release of the original films, is just ludicrous.

The article about the restoration of Star Wars is quite long, but definitely worth a read or at least a skim. I didn't know about all of the issues with the original negative, for example, but from what it said, it doesn't seem like it would be impossible to restore the original films if Lucas actually wanted to. He just doesn't. The idea that it would be too expensive or difficult to restore the original films, when you could easily make millions of dollars with a new release of the original films, is just ludicrous.

Never trust a Hutt.

Lucas-the-Hutt-46137.jpg

It's not just the picture I am looking forward to, it's the sound as well. Tie fighters, Lightsabers, R2D2, Blasters. Ben Burtt's sounds, and John William's score sounding better than ever. I can't wait. :rock

Me, too. Burtt and Williams didn't win all those Academy Awards for nothing. BTW-

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qCjGsKKevSQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qCjGsKKevSQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol

But I wonder if he will make any minor or major changes over the years to make them not suck as much.

Unless there's some new technology at Lucasfilm that replaces bad script writing and overrides mindless yes-men who don't question Lucas' bad ideas, then I think we're stuck with the garbage that is episodes 1-3.

Sean

I'll like to see that short scene of jinn slashing that sith probe droid in two cut back in

Back