Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have Cartoon Network, so I've been working my way through the seasons of Clone Wars available on Blu-ray, and I'm very pleased with the quality of the show.

Also, I watched Attack of the Clones for the first time in a while, and I was surprised by how much more familiar the supporting Jedi characters have become over time. And you can call me crazy, but I think that Episode II is one of the better paced films in the series. The Coruscant speeder chase, the Obi-Wan/Jango fight and subsequent asteroid chase, and the whole final third of the film--with the droid factory sequence leading to the arena monster battle, which expands to the arena Jedi battle, which expands again to the massive ground and air battle with the clones, ultimately scaling back down to the Anakin/Obi-Wan/Dooku duel and then to the big finish with Yoda vs. Dooku. The scenes attempting to advance the love story were the weak link, but the film just breezes along right past them. It's got more energy and action than Phantom Menace and still has some of the fun and color and swashbuckling attitude that was downplayed in Revenge of the Sith.

You'll be disappointed by the first half of the CW Season 3 though--very boring, almost completely Padme and senate stuff, but it should be getting very good with the next episodes.

Usually you and I agree on a lot but referring to the PT as the dark times is kind of silly man. I don't want to burst anyones bubble but if you watch the OT with the same critical eye as folks do the PT they have many of the same issues.

I'll say it again PT+OT=SW :rock Hell you can even toss in the CW series as its really good.

I agree.
I love the prequels, especially Revenge of the Sith. If we are talking about the dark times, I would say that was around the late 80's to the mid 90's when you were lucky to see anything new regarding Star Wars. Love them or hate them, the SE and prequels gave Star Wars the resurgence it still has today.

Prequels are horrible to me. Just ordered the OT set. (so the Wampa scene should be in, the Biggs Darklighter scene, and the ROTJ Saber scene. Hopefully more goodies as well)

Are these going to be a new SE of the OT or is it the same one just with a higher dpi?

There are some new scenes being added

Luke Skywalker assembling his lightsaber.. The scene was purposely given an ominous tone, leaving fans to wonder whether Luke had in fact turned to the dark side.

Luke’s original introduction into A New Hope will also be included, in which he talks to his friend Biggs Darklighter shortly before he leaves Tatooine.

Plus Puppet Yoda will be gone from the Phantom Menace.

I am sure Lowry Digital will want to go back and make Star Wars look a lot better than it does on DVD, especially when you see what a great job have done with Aliens. Also Lucas is personally overseeing this, so hopefully we will have no more pink lightsaber scenes too

Last edited:
I'm so glad Lucas is personally overseeing this. That alone tells me there's nothing to worry about.

I can't wait for this set. I've been dying to watch all the Star Wars on dvd again but have been resisting just so I can watch the blu ray versions when it comes out.

Same here playboy...The wait has been long but finally we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Come to dada Star wars blue ray.:clap

From the trailer I noticed these things:

1) Sabers still suck in the OT. Why can't they go back and redo them?
2) Yoda is still a puppet in ESB!

Prequels are horrible to me. Just ordered the OT set. (so the Wampa scene should be in, the Biggs Darklighter scene, and the ROTJ Saber scene. Hopefully more goodies as well)

There are some new scenes being added

The articles I have seen about the blu rays make it sound like the new scenes are just a part of the special features and not inserted into the movies.

If you ordered the OT set, you don't get the three disks of special features so you may not be seeing those scenes.

STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

From the trailer I noticed these things:

1) Sabers still suck in the OT. Why can't they go back and redo them?
2) Yoda is still a puppet in ESB!

They have said that they will never replace the puppet Yoda in the OT.

I'll just wait until Lucas inevitably re-releases the original, unaltered films at Blu-Rays in order to make another quick buck. The "Special Editions" used to not bother me, but the last few times I tried to watch them through, it really took me out of the films with the stupid ____ he added.

Usually you and I agree on a lot but referring to the PT as the dark times is kind of silly man. I don't want to burst anyones bubble but if you watch the OT with the same critical eye as folks do the PT they have many of the same issues.

I'll say it again PT+OT=SW :rock Hell you can even toss in the CW series as its really good.
FAIL :D

Yeah it does seem that the deleted scenes are not being put into the movie. To be honest they don't need to be.

There really is not as much info on these Blu-Ray discs as of yet, which I was hoping there would more announced yesterday.
As for the Trailer, I don't think it's indicative of the final product, the Alien Anthology trailer was not that impressive either

I don't care if the deleted scenes are reinsterted. As long as they are there I am happy.

Plus a CGI TPM Yoda would be nice...

Back