Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt. What interests me is what he will do to the PT. It's by far inferior and a joke to me. But I wonder if he will make any minor or major changes over the years to make them not suck as much.

All of the non-technical changes he made to the OT have made the films worse, so I'm not sure why you would expect any changes he might make to improve the PT films.

I think I'm picking ip the OT only and mostly because of that ROTJ scene with Luke building his saber.

Plus having them in high def, is nice. Even though they aren't my definitive editions.

All of the non-technical changes he made to the OT have made the films worse, so I'm not sure why you would expect any changes he might make to improve the PT films.

Because any changes would make them better. My logic works like that...Superior classic OT changes ruins them. Cash in videogame-like PT changes can't we any worse than what we already got.

Whatever, all you OT purist make me laugh. Tons of greatness in the PT. Quit _____ing and go make your own movies since you are all such experts. How bout that? Cuz a bunch of freakin monkey's defeating the galaxy conquering empire was such a great idea. I do think they should remove Obi's line from ANH where he talks about how precise the stormtroopers are with shot placement, seeing as how they NEVER ACTUALLY HIT ANYTHING after the sandcrawler. Love all the films, and can't wait to see them in HD

I think I'm picking ip the OT only and mostly because of that ROTJ scene with Luke building his saber.

I bet a dollar the deleted scenes are only going to be available on the Saga set.

Any guesses that Lucas will tweak these movies again like he did with the 2004 DVD release?

At least with the OT, I think these will be coming from the 2004 "1K" master created for the DVD release. Sure, Star Wars deserves a 2K or 4K or even 8K master, but I don't think they'll be going back to the drawing board until it's time for the 3D versions. As with the Lord of the Rings Blu-ray release, we'll just be getting the six year old high def transfer created with a standard def release in mind and quickly and cheaply recycled.

The one film that is in desperate need of a new HD transfer is the Phantom Menace. It has the most lackluster picture of the Star Wars DVDs, and I just watched it on a UK HD channel today, and the picture looked awful.

Easy. Dino and I are of the same mind we actually appreciate the TPM and the PT for what they are fun SW movies with the same issues that are in the OT. :exactly:

What are the issues in the OT? There's no Jar, Jar - or forced humour; it all comes from the characters personality and their reactions to situations. There's no inane dialogue or children yelling yippee. And most importantly, there's no sub-text in the PT; the sub-text in the OT is what gave us the PT...amazing depth and back story.

I ask this question is all seriousness though as I'm curious on your perspective/like for the PT's. I'm not having a dig, just stating some facts.

Eh, he's fine. I don't think anyone could have made those lines sound good.

Agreed 100%. The thing that differentiates the OT & the PT is Lucas didn't write the scripts, not even Ep4. He wrote the first four drafts then handed it over to a husband and wife team (can't remember their names) and they added the "life" to it.

Lucas if a phenomenal story-teller, editor, businessman and advocate of new technologies, but he can't write a screenplay for ____ or direct his way out of a paper bag.

Yeah, the lines aren't so great. I like Hayden though. I think they are as equally annoying in AOTC and ANH. Makes sense though father/son acting the same.

Easy. Dino and I are of the same mind we actually appreciate the TPM and the PT for what they are fun SW movies with the same issues that are in the OT. :exactly:

So your saying you are simple minded then? And like films aimed at 9 year olds? There are hardly any issues with the OT.

The only thing wrong with the pt is Hayden. Take him out and you can stomach them. Maybe the number one mis-cast role of our generation.

There is so much more wrong with PT than just Hayden.

What are the issues in the OT? There's no Jar, Jar - or forced humour; it all comes from the characters personality and their reactions to situations. There's no inane dialogue or children yelling yippee. And most importantly, there's no sub-text in the PT; the sub-text in the OT is what gave us the PT...amazing depth and back story.

I ask this question is all seriousness though as I'm curious on your perspective/like for the PT's. I'm not having a dig, just stating some facts.

No, there's no Jar Jar but he's only really any kind of annoying in TPM. Barely does crap in the other two. There are the same writing issues in the OT/PT at least for me. I think Hamill is as annoying in parts of the entire thing especially in ANH as Hayden is in AOTC or ROTS. Oh I think there's some forced humor in parts of the OT. As far as characters that annoy me or I could live without I care as much for Lando as I do Jar Jar. Anakin yelling yipee is not a big deal he's a kid they say those kinds of things its no different than Luke's reaction to him blowing up the death star.

I like the story of the PT and watching the fall of Anakin that to me is what really makes the PT sad. Watching him go from some happy kid to fall he takes is sad.

Just some for where I'm coming from I talked about this last night over xbox with Dino. For me I saw the OT as a kid a few times and it made me like SW. Then honestly SW fell off the map especially at an age when there was no toys in the stores. Then when I was a Junior the PT comes out I was at an age many of you all saw the OT at. So now when I watch the PT and OT I just see some of the same issues in both and love both for what they are.

So your saying you are simple minded then? And like films aimed at 9 year olds? There are hardly any issues with the OT.

Open minded. Yes. Simple. No. I like some kids films yeah. I will always be a child at heart. Keeps one feeling young. Hardly any? Ok you keep believing that. the OT is not on a pedestal for me.

No, there's no Jar Jar but he's only really any kind of annoying in TPM. Barely does crap in the other two. There are the same writing issues in the OT/PT at least for me. I think Hamill is as annoying in parts of the entire thing especially in ANH as Hayden is in AOTC or ROTS. Oh I think there's some forced humor in parts of the OT. As far as characters that annoy me or I could live without I care as much for Lando as I do Jar Jar. Anakin yelling yipee is not a big deal he's a kid they say those kinds of things its no different than Luke's reaction to him blowing up the death star.

I like the story of the PT and watching the fall of Anakin that to me is what really makes the PT sad. Watching him go from some happy kid to fall he takes is sad.

Just some for where I'm coming from I talked about this last night over xbox with Dino. For me I saw the OT as a kid a few times and it made me like SW. Then honestly SW fell off the map especially at an age when there was no toys in the stores. Then when I was a Junior the PT comes out I was at an age many of you all saw the OT at. So now when I watch the PT and OT I just see some of the same issues in both and love both for what they are.

I am not that old:panic::panic::panic::panic:

I will say that most of us that fell in love with SW as kids as I did kinda over see the flaws now because of the nostalgia of it and how great it was when we were kids.

I do think the Phantom Menace is worst of them but not as much as when it first came out. I think a lot has to do with the fact it was such a disappointment to me. I remember I was so excited to see more SW films and then once I saw it I walked out very disappointed. I think it was so long of wait no film ever could have lived up to anticipation. I did enjoy the rest of the PT , sure not nearly as much as the OT but that's to be expected, I was not a kid anymore.

Sorry Mark didn't mean to make you feel old. :lol

For me AOTC is my least favorite. Thats the thing I come back to a lot when it comes to OT/PT stuff is that the years built up hype thats hard to overcome and a lot of people that fell in love with the OT became adults.

Back