Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Blu-Ray set could be in the works

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5l9BPcC4wGE?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5l9BPcC4wGE?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Those are very, very far from "archive" quality. :lol

I dunno I think they are, if you want them untouched, then he gives them to us untouched...original film grain, flaws and all. People will always complain no matter what we get.

I dunno I think they are, if you want them untouched, then he gives them to us untouched...original film grain, flaws and all. People will always complain no matter what we get.

The desire is to have "unaltered" films, not "unrestored." There's a BIG difference.

That scene actually seems better on that big video Dino posted. Nice to see the before stuff about it.

I don't think Lucas will ever restore the original unaltered films. That's the best we are going to get I think.

I do not know about that, I hear that at some point Mr. Lucas wants to put all 6 Star Wars films back in the IMAX in 3D and out on 3D Blu-ray Disc. Will this set be Reg. Blu-ray Disc or 3D? When does the set go up for pre-order?

Would be nice to get the films from my childhood in good, semi-HD quality. I guess that's too much to ask, though. I was watching ROTJ on Spike TV or something last night, and the extended CG musical act at the beginning made me cringe. What was he thinking?

So excited about these! I'm looking forward to more details...I've been wanting to see extended scenes from AOTC and ROTS, like the Amidala's Senate speech scene, and Separatist slaughter, which was trimmed down and cut with the "Declaration of the Galactic Empire" scene.

Would be nice to get the films from my childhood in good, semi-HD quality. I guess that's too much to ask, though. I was watching ROTJ on Spike TV or something last night, and the extended CG musical act at the beginning made me cringe. What was he thinking?

Yes, he needs to revise that film again and TAKE THAT HORRIBLE SCENE OUT! It's embarrassing to watch, it's so bad.

It's been so long since I saw the original ROTJ, what was there originally? Nothing I guess? That whole scene where Jabba asks for more music never existed and he simply dumped the green chick into the pit?

Sean

I do not know about that, I hear that at some point Mr. Lucas wants to put all 6 Star Wars films back in the IMAX in 3D and out on 3D Blu-ray Disc. Will this set be Reg. Blu-ray Disc or 3D? When does the set go up for pre-order?

What does the movies being re-released in IMAX 3D have to do with the unaltered versions of the films though?

No doubt I heard rumors he's already started the 3D transfer on them...and in the movies they will release sort of how the SE did way back when.

I assume that since the Blu-ray set is set to launch Fall of 2011, that preorder's will start springing up soon next year. And no doubt a huge marketing campaign in the summer of '11. It would be nice if the 3D films hit theaters spring and summer of 2011 ramping up the release of the blu-rays. Talk about hype builder.

Yes, he needs to revise that film again and TAKE THAT HORRIBLE SCENE OUT! It's embarrassing to watch, it's so bad.

It's been so long since I saw the original ROTJ, what was there originally? Nothing I guess? That whole scene where Jabba asks for more music never existed and he simply dumped the green chick into the pit?

Sean

That singing scene is awful, but I would be surprised if Lucas takes it out. He might change it though.
The big question is will he finally let Greedo shoot first again? I hope one of the fans at celebration asked him that.

Here is the original and miles better version
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ttV_PMNSYC8?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ttV_PMNSYC8?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

What does the movies being re-released in IMAX 3D have to do with the unaltered versions of the films though?

No doubt I heard rumors he's already started the 3D transfer on them...and in the movies they will release sort of how the SE did way back when.

I assume that since the Blu-ray set is set to launch Fall of 2011, that preorder's will start springing up soon next year. And no doubt a huge marketing campaign in the summer of '11. It would be nice if the 3D films hit theaters spring and summer of 2011 ramping up the release of the blu-rays. Talk about hype builder.

This news of the Star Wars films coming to Blu-ray Disc also brings up the question When will the frist 3 Indiana Jones films be put out on Blu-ray Disc?

Not interested unless the OT is included and not just as throwaway extras (which isn't going to happen).

The special editions are lame. ANH has Greedo shooting first, the CGI in Mos Eisley looks fake... RotJ has that previously mentioned godawful musical number in Jabba's Palace, the bizzare beak thing on the sarlaac... stupid.

That singing scene is awful, but I would be surprised if Lucas takes it out. He might change it though.
The big question is will he finally let Greedo shoot first again? I hope one of the fans at celebration asked him that.

Here is the original and miles better version
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ttV_PMNSYC8?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ttV_PMNSYC8?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Thanks. Yeah, that's way better - though I really dislike when any of these movies try to do "pop music" in some futuristic or alternative universe setting. It always sound pretty crappy, though the original Cantina Band sequence/music worked ok (I guess because it wasn't based on current pop music of the day, but big band music and other influences that made it a bit different).

Sean

Back