Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Blu-Ray set could be in the works

The reason George will never release the original versions by themselves again is his ex-wife and others would then get royalties. By releasing them as a "bonus" feature he gets out of paying her and others any legal royalties from Star Wars.

Here is to hoping we get the OT in HD though.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't care about owning the original OT. I like a lot of the additions in the SE and 2004 editions and look forward to what else Lucas has to change. The OT looks rough in comparison to the PT, and I'd like it if they blended together a bit better. If I could only change a couple of things, it would be to fix all the lightsabers and improve the space battles - everything else I think I could live with.

I can wait, did be getting a Blu-Ray player simply to watch this.:D

I'll believe it... when I see it. :lol

Agreed but I can't wait for this. I have a daughter that is 3 and my wife is making me wait to show her SW until she is 4. Would love to sit down and watch them all again in Blu Ray with her.

I just seriously hope they don't force us to watch the originals with all the added in material or make it like LOTR and give us the SE's up front but then do some uber pack that has more special features like no SE in it.

Either way, I'm giving it a Chewie as I'm excited for these to FINALLY come out!

:chew

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't care about owning the original OT. I like a lot of the additions in the SE and 2004 editions and look forward to what else Lucas has to change. The OT looks rough in comparison to the PT, and I'd like it if they blended together a bit better. If I could only change a couple of things, it would be to fix all the lightsabers and improve the space battles - everything else I think I could live with.

I personally enjoy the 1997 SE of the OT best probably because they were the first SW movies I saw in theaters (though I grew up watching the unaltered trilogy on good ol' VHS). I would probably like the 2004 SE better but digitally putting Christensen's head over Shaw's keeps me from really enjoying it as much as I could. All the other alterations to the 04 SE I can forgive.

2 wishes for this:

A) The original, unaltered OT (but cleaned up) -- and formatted to fit widescreen TVs.

B) The OT and PT available separately... so I can skip the PT. The DVDs are perfectly fine with me.

If at least A) isn't true, this will be an easy pass for me.

At the very least I hope we get that hideous Yoda puppet digitally replaced in The Phantom Menace finally.

At the very least I hope we get that hideous Yoda puppet digitally replaced in The Phantom Menace finally.

That's already done. They finished that back in 2004 (same digital model as ROTS). It just hasn't been released again since then.

yeah, they showed the new and improved yoda during "star wars in concert". He looks much better now.

I would prefer Adywan's version to George's on bluray.

They just announced there will be a 2nd U.S. tour, so chances are it'll eventually get within driving distance of everyone at some point.

Seeing it in Vegas next month! :banana

Yea..well if you are going to screw them up half way..you might as well go all the way and take the complete heart out of the OT by making him digital. Am I the only one or does the digital look more fake then the original puppet?

Back