Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope each filme comes with ALL cut footage possible. and It would be great if you could watch the films with all cut footage put back in.. If not, I see an extended edition of each on the fanedit forums a year from now.

Here's the copies I've owned:
THX on VHS
SE on VHS (Widescreen)
Bootleg of the THX laserdisc on DVD (surprisingly good quality)
SE DVD's with bonus unaltered trilogy

Oh, and I have a bootleg DVD of the Holiday special :lol

I forgot. I bought bootleg DVDs before the real ones came out. :lol

I've seen the Holiday Special and know it's bad, but how's the quality on your DVD? I'd like to get one for the Boba sequence.

Oh god the image and sound quality is abysmal... half of it is so fuzzy and bluured it looks like it was shot through Wookies ass :lol Which makes watching the awful thing even more painful. I made it once, don't think I can ever do it again :lol

Although the animated sequence actually looks better, likely as the flat animation didn't have as much image quality to loose. And watched by itself its a great sequence.

If you can make a copy of it yourself I'd be happy to send it to you :duff

Oh yeah, they I forgot I also have the special edition on VHS.

I've never seen the holiday edition but know people who have and they told me they will never speak of that experience

Oh god the image and sound quality is abysmal... half of it is so fuzzy and bluured it looks like it was shot through Wookies ass :lol Which makes watching the awful thing even more painful. I made it once, don't think I can ever do it again :lol

Although the animated sequence actually looks better, likely as the flat animation didn't have as much image quality to loose. And watched by itself its a great sequence.

I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll just watch it online when I get the urge. The last time I watched it was a couple years ago on Google Video. Still feeling the pain from that. :lol

I wish Lucas would at least give us the Boba cartoon on the upcoming set.

THX on VHS
SE on VHS (Widescreen)

Those are the same ones I bought over the years. But I still haven't had the courage to watch the Holiday Special yet. :)

It takes a lot of courage and will power to make it through the holiday special. And I mean actually watch it... not just have it on in the background :lecture

It really is one of the worst and strangest things I've ever seen... and to think I paid about $20 for the privilege :lol

One set I never owned, but coveted when I was younger was the deluxe DVD set that had the cool hologram on the cover. I think my brother paid around $100 for one in the 90's and it was the coolest set I'd ever seen :monkey2

Oh yeah, I forgot about the laserdisc release, don't have that one. I wonder if there is a Beta version of it?

Oh yeah I had that too. But I know it's not in my collection now :(

THX on VHS
SE on VHS (Widescreen)

Oooooooooooh !

I would like to take you up on that offer if you will allow !

Sure JJJ85, PM me your address and I'll pop it in the mail to you :duff

And I found the box set I coveted of my brothers;
Star Wars Trilogy: Special Letterbox Collectors Edition

Sells for about $20 on eBay :lol

Official info on the Blu-Ray sets, including a trailer (that just shows random clips and doesn't offer any info):

https://www.starwars.com/themovies/saga/preorder_bluray/index.html

Looks like they're offering three options: all six, just the prequels, or just the SE OT, but only the Complete Saga comes with the three extra discs of bonus features. Also, if this screen grab from the trailer is any indication, they're using the same horribly color-corrected version of the OT that went onto the DVDs 5 years ago. Definite pass for me, though I'm hoping Netflix will have the bonus discs for rent.

rotj.jpg

That's actually pretty cool they're breaking up the trilogies. I'll pick up the PT on Blu but will pass on the crappily restored SE's. The original theatrical editions on DVD will have to do.

Looking forward to seeing TPM with the new Yoda.

Official info on the Blu-Ray sets, including a trailer (that just shows random clips and doesn't offer any info):

https://www.starwars.com/themovies/saga/preorder_bluray/index.html

Looks like they're offering three options: all six, just the prequels, or just the SE OT, but only the Complete Saga comes with the three extra discs of bonus features. Also, if this screen grab from the trailer is any indication, they're using the same horribly color-corrected version of the OT that went onto the DVDs 5 years ago. Definite pass for me, though I'm hoping Netflix will have the bonus discs for rent.

rotj.jpg

I can't believe that they didn't fix that crappy shot.

That's Lucas for you. He probably made sure some matte boxes were removed from some distant TIE Fighters no one ever noticed but left the screwed up lightsaber close-ups alone.

i'm concerned about that as well...however, it's coming out in sept. thats 8 months away. and c'mon, do you honestly think this trailer is showing footage from the blu ray edition?

i'm positive they'll fix this, and other problems the dvds had.

You know Lucas will change something, he just can't resist messing with it.

I hope I can resist getting the set. or any for that matter. Try to send a message to Lucas.

Yeah right, i'll probably get it.

Back