Media Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic -- retrogaming it KOTOR style!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdb

Super Freak
Reaction score
It will be 10 years in May that I got my X-box. I was a Playstation 2 guy but the X-Box had just done a price drop and I wanted it for a little game people were going on about called Halo. Oh and also Kotor!!! I had before that played Shadowrun for the Genesis and Fallout 1 and 2 for PC -- some great RPGs. But still, Kotor was mind-blowing. Halfway through I knew I would want to replay it but then Kotor 2 came out and GTA San Andreas and I never got back to it.

So when it was on a weekend sale for $5 a few weeks ago, I had to do it. The graphics are dated and it feels like a Mass Effect rip-off, for good reasons, but at least the load times on my Mac are world's better than they were on my X-Box. In 2004 I was absorbed in the story and less savvy as a player there's a bunch of game elements I simply missed out on. The Yavin DLC, for instance. So I am really digging on the victory-lap feel of it. Anyone else playing this these days?

I want to play it again at some point, I have it installed an noticed the camera controls are annoying though. BTW it's also available on iPhone/iPad if you want to play it that way.

I'm used to controlling the camera with the mouse so I didn't notice. Yeah, my first instinct was to go with the iPad but I figured the touch controls would get annoying. The main difference I've noticed in playing it is that walkthroughs back in the day were eye-straining while the new walkthroughs for Kotor look like wikipedia entries.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is the best game bar none in my opinion. That game made my childhood. Haha =P You can het the two pack for computer in Amazon for $20 it works for Win 7 too!

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is the best game bar none in my opinion. That game made my childhood. Haha =P You can het the two pack for computer in Amazon for $20 it works for Win 7 too!

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

I prefer an earlier game from Bioware called Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Only on PC but I think it is Bioware's magnum opus.

Back