Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's Murderous Mess

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the movie arguement certainly is valid. You can be an observer to a murder and still be convicted of murder if you want to get technical. So if you willingly go into a movie knowing darn well ahead of time what you are there to see, how is that different? Sure you are not behind the wheel but you are still observing because you want to see it. If you didn't want to see it naturally you wouldn't go to the movie or would walk out.

No it really isnt though, I'm not playing a character in the movie.

In the Shining, I'm not playing Jack or anyone else in the house. When it gets to the part with the axe, a little box doesn't pop up and ask me if I want to murder Jack's family or just have him go write his novel. I'm not pressing any button to swing the axe.

If your at a resteraunt, and some guy just walks in and shoots the guy next to you, you don't get charged with murder. Some people look away, but if you look at the gunman, are you a party to helping him now?

Now if by movie, you mean a filmed autopsy...

No it really isnt though, I'm not playing a character in the movie.

In the Shining, I'm not playing Jack or anyone else in the house. When it gets to the part with the axe, a little box doesn't pop up and ask me if I want to murder Jack's family or just have him go write his novel. I'm not pressing any button to swing the axe.

If your at a resteraunt, and some guy just walks in and shoots the guy next to you, you don't get charged with murder. Some people look away, but if you look at the gunman, are you a party to helping him now?

Now if by movie, you mean a filmed autopsy...

But are you not going in and watching the Shining on your own terms knowing full well what you are about see?

Yes, but again, I have no say in how it plays out each time.

My main problem is that they build a game around choice and take yours away.

Like I said, you have a machine gun in this case, they have their backs to you, you can get all 4 before they get you, i did it. But then I failed the mission. Which in my mind would also be ok, if I was really that guy, I'd feel justified no matter what my commander told me.

But again, I cant do that and still continue with the game's storyline.

If you were to sit down and watch a movie you never saw, and a murder occured, what could you do to change that as it stands? Nothing because your not an actor in the movie.

It's a first person shooter. A movie is just a movie.

Now heres a better question then all this if you want to relate it to my sig, what if in MW3, there are little coked up kids shooting at you with Aks,(something that actually happens alot) will you shoot back and kill kids for entertainment? I think when video games come to that, I'll hang up my controller.

Like I said, you have a machine gun in this case, they have their backs to you, you can get all 4 before they get you, i did it. But then I failed the mission. Which in my mind would also be ok, if I was really that guy, I'd feel justified no matter what my commander told me.

If you were to sit down and watch a movie you never saw, and a murder occured, what could you do to change that as it stands? Nothing because your not an actor in the movie.

Now heres a better question then all this if you want to relate it to my sig, what if in MW3, there are little coked up kids shooting at you with Aks,(something that actually happens alot) will you shoot back and kill kids for entertainment? I think when video games come to that, I'll hang up my controller.

I would have no problem with it. LOL! Guess I'm weird. Did you ever see City of God? What about Blood Diamond?

We will have to agree to disagree on the movie and game comparision. :duff

I have seen Blood Diamond, but not City of God, I hear it's good. I was thinking of that scene in Black Hawk Down with that little Somali kid who shoots his father by accident.

:duff

They didnt take you chose away. You can skip it, you chose to play the level. Sure you cant kill them but if you do that ends the game and it should since that ends the story.

They didnt take you chose away. You can skip it, you chose to play the level. Sure you cant kill them but if you do that ends the game and it should since that ends the story.

Which is exactly why it wasn't necassary to begin with. If I can choose to play the level, why does my choice stop there. Simple, because the developers didn't come up with a contigency. Now how about if you kill all them, a bomb goes off anyway?

Which is exactly why it wasn't necassary to begin with. If I can choose to play the level, why does my choice stop there. Simple, because the developers didn't come up with a contigency. Now how about if you kill all them, a bomb goes off anyway?

Spoiler Spoiler:

There are ways but I dont know how to do a spoiler box. :lol

Just have it so your the only body found after the blast etc

I finally started playing the campaign last night and well maybe its me and my morbid mind, but I didnt think it was all that bad. Everyone talking about it like I was expecting something really crazy. When I played it I didnt think twice about kill those people. I actually was throwing grenades in random spots to make sure I didnt miss anyone. I looked at it like it was just another level, playing as a "badguy" and thats what bad guys do. Again thats just me and my sick opinion though :)

Was the Level essential to the Game? I think Yes. We see Makarov Killing everybody in that airport. You know you are CIA yet you have to do it cause you dont want to blow you cover. You think thats ????ed up. Makarov Kills you at the end of the stage. Which means he knew you were under cover which mean he had you kill those people knowing that everything inside you was telling you not to. Thats how ????ed up Makarov is. and im glad they show it! thats why i want that ????er dead!
Spoiler Spoiler:

Geez Pitu, a spoiler warning over being killed by Makarov at the end of level for those of us who havent played it yet wouldve been nice.:duh
Whadda mega-******.:rolleyes:

After all the hype, I can't wait to get to this level. I'm going to pretend all the civilians are Jets fans.

Back