Star Wars Celebration V: August 12-15, 2010. Orlando, FL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May be hosting & moderating a panel at CV. Will know whether or not by the 28th of this month.

If nothing else, I'll be doing a lot of stuff with the R2 Builders Club. Looking forward to that and meeting/hanging with fellow Freaks. :rock

Lucas will be there...

George Lucas to Appear at Celebration V!
Star Wars creator George Lucas will make a special guest appearance at Star Wars Celebration V this August in Orlando.
This will be the second Celebration appearance, and only the third Star Wars convention appearance for the writer/director, who last attended Celebration III in Indianapolis, Indiana, in 2005.
Lucas will appear onstage at a date and time yet to be scheduled during the four-day run of the show, which takes place August 12-15, 2010 at the Orange County Convention Center.

A friend of mine is good friends with a high-ranking Lucasfilm employee, and he just told me that there's going to be some big news announced at Celebration V. I'm assuming Lucas is going to be the one announcing it. I can't say what, but I only know minor details, anyway.

I would really like to meet George Lucas. Not a conversation or an autograph, I'd just like to say I shook his hand and said hello.

A friend of mine is good friends with a high-ranking Lucasfilm employee, and he just told me that there's going to be some big news announced at Celebration V. I'm assuming Lucas is going to be the one announcing it. I can't say what, but I only know minor details, anyway.

:slap

Then why bring it up to torture us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gah:

;)

:slap

Then why bring it up to torture us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gah:

;)

Because. :D

I wasn't completely shocked by what my friend told me, though. I think most won't be taken completely by surprise. My friend doesn't even like Star Wars, so he was so just like "whatever" about the whole thing. He's lame. :p

There will be an announcement about the live action TV series, the saga on Blu-ray, the other animated shows, and maybe even SW in 3D. But none that that will be too earth-shattering. And some may even be announced a few weeks earlier at SDCC.

Please tell me it's 7,8 and 9.

Looks like guests there may have a little extra bonus in meeting the latest Marvel Superhero (Kevin Pennington). He said he might be hosting a fan event at the convention on his twitter.

Bamboo I know you'll be all over that. :lol Take a pic with him!! ;)

Today's newsletter:

Picture1-3.png

I wish I could go to CV but no dice, just started a new job.

If anyone that's going can pick up Jerry Vanderstelt's new print for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Obviously I'll pay for the print and any associated shipping costs plus a little something for your trouble. PM me if interested and we can work it out.

Back