Star Ace Harry Potter - Sirius Black Prisoner Version Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email saying I'll get this bad boy tomorrow! Can't wait.

I got it for a BARGAIN. If you're a UK collector of Star Ace, check out Planet Action Figures (Aaron is a member here too - freakin' great guy). It's about time I found good prices in the UK. Now I can keep buying them new - I was worried I'd have to wait months to get them second hand/Ebay etc.

Start up the engine, cmiller99. Imma back the car over this figure to rough him up!

Just got an email saying I'll get this bad boy tomorrow! Can't wait.

I got it for a BARGAIN. If you're a UK collector of Star Ace, check out Planet Action Figures (Aaron is a member here too - freakin' great guy). It's about time I found good prices in the UK. Now I can keep buying them new - I was worried I'd have to wait months to get them second hand/Ebay etc.

Start up the engine, cmiller99. Imma back the car over this figure to rough him up!
Let us know what you think of him. Much better figure once it is in hand!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Well, got mine today from PAF. And, without :horse and going on about what we've already mentioned, it's exactly as I expected it to be. I'm neutral about it. Almost "Meh".

FullSizeRender.jpg

Now I have it next to OOTP Sirius, I have noticed a few extra points:

1. The fact that the Prisoner version is more expensive, is crazy. There's just no comparison with clothes.

2. Very light on accessories.

3. Is taller than OOTP Sirius. I need to look closer at this when I get a chance - not sure if it's their boots. . .

4. My prisoner version is more clean shaven. Err, hmm.

IMG_1635.JPG

So, my personal feeling is that it's still a nice figure, and I'm very glad I have it. It is definitely over-priced and needs tweaking. Which I shall do. Wish me luck!

I got my Prisoner Sirius last week. I love everything about him except for his striped clothes. They are quite cheap looking. Once I put the jacket and accessories on him though, he looks great.

I do wish he had a second, screaming head sculpt. I'd happily trade my screaming Voldemort HS for a screaming Sirius!

Right, so I'm looking at the Sirius tweaks. I may well completely muck this up because I've started work on the sculpt. *Sighs.* And, I'm not an artist. *Sighs again.*

Anyway, I have just done one tweak that was very easy.

Ends of pants/trousers:

As we all know, this is what Star Ace advertised -

164633qqqjwh1qwcaic4az.jpg

And we got -

20151031_154614.jpg

So, this is what I've done to mine -

IMG_1642.JPG

It's not perfect, but better. One of the reasons it's not great is because the lighter grey stripes are right at the end of mine and it gives that tipped thread look. So, I'm going to trim off the lighter band at the bottom. Aaron's picture above of his in-hand Sirius would be better to tweak because he has the darker grey at the ends with no lighter strip.

What do you guys think so far?

If anyone wants to know how to do it, I'd be happy to explain it. Really easy.

Looks pretty good Anx10us. It is pretty confusing that the beard has a more shaven look going on (does that makes sense? :lol).

Personally I wish he was bare footed. From what I remember, Bellatrix had no shoes when she escaped Azkaban... so really Sirius should be barefooted. Not sure if there was a shot of him showing if he had shoes or no shoes.... but would have been easy to include a pair of feet since they could have just reused Voldy's.

For the increased price there really should have been a different sculpt, perhaps a laughing/screaming sculpt? If you look at the price of casual Harry and Ron... they are $80 cheaper and reuse the same sculpts. This should have been at least on par or cheaper with the previous Sirius. And really... the more I look at this sculpt... it doesn't really work with crazy Azkaban Sirius.

When I get him at the end of the year I want to weather/tatter his clothes and maybe add some dirt to his face to distinguish him from OotP

Okay, so I thought I'd share the tweaks of an otherwise great figure.

Be easy on me, guys - Like I said - I'm not an artist. I've never painted a figure before. Or sculpted one either.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

So, this is what I have so far -

FullSizeRender.jpg

I've added some hair and beard.

I have mapped out the paint. Tomorrow I'll blend that beard in a give it some depth.

I've darkened the hair all over. I will put in highlights.

FullSizeRender(1).jpg

Like I said - I've got to go in with detail tomorrow night. Blend that beard in and look at some reference photos for the grime and bags under the eyes etc. I think I'll have to fire up the film and get the reference direct - it's the best way.

Any, gentle, softly, softly, feedback would be greatly welcomed - as in little things you think I should do on the next pass. BUT - please use simple language because I don't know technical artsy-fartsy words.

Personally I wish he was bare footed. From what I remember, Bellatrix had no shoes when she escaped Azkaban... so really Sirius should be barefooted. Not sure if there was a shot of him showing if he had shoes or no shoes.... but would have been easy to include a pair of feet since they could have just reused Voldy's.

I'll look into this next. I'll watch the film tomorrow. Maybe we need fellow collectors' expertise on locating feet.

I think he looks good Anx10us. He looks rough and I mean that in a good way. Like he has been in Azkaban a very long time.

Really I would just try to add some of the detail back into the hair as it seemed to get lost when you painted over it.

A little bump for Mr. Black. Finally picked one of these up - really been looking forward to getting him and weathering him to Askaban and back. I can see why people were bummed how he comes out of the box..way too clean. Here's my take on roughing him up...

Before :lol / After :rock

sirius1.jpg

Darkened the hair some

sirius2.jpg

sirius3.jpg

sirius4.jpg

sirius5.jpg

Very nice, dude. Looks good. I need to take some pictures of mine again soon.

Keegan a great job!!! Your final figure is much better than original. I love it

Back