Star Ace Harry Potter - Sirius Black Prisoner Version Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$_12.JPG
sirius.JPG
Looks like he is in stock now.

After the Mad Eye Moody.... cancelled my PO for this... will wait for some pics before I reorder it. Nonetheless, very excited to see how this turned out.

Interested to see how he turned out. I just wish this line could stay consistent. Hermione looks so realistic, but then they go making Moody look more toyish. Don't understand.

Yeah, Moody was a disappointment all around. This is the same headsculpt as the OOTP one. As long as the clothing is done right, it should be ok.

I received my stock today, I must say he is a great 1/6th figure. Good sculpt nice accessories and really does go well with the collection. I always keep one of everything I sell for display purposes so here is some pics of the figure for you all to see. Unlike Mad Eye I am extremely pleased! Cheers All.

20151031_154614.jpg

20151031_154625.jpg

Just posted my review of it. Overall, great figure, and even better if you don't have the OotP version, but using the same headsculpt is a let down, especially when this version is more expensive than the original.

Just posted my review of it. Overall, great figure, and even better if you don't have the OotP version, but using the same headsculpt is a let down, especially when this version is more expensive than the original.

Really nice review, buddy. Very honest and fair, I think.

I would love to get an extra HS to play around with. May have to keep an eye out - although people want $50 for Star Ace casual Ron & Harry head sculpts on Ebay. Crazy.

There's also different looks with this too - Obviously, in the poster he's screaming and has perfect teeth (I know you can't see his teeth with this HS). In the shrieking shack, he looks terrible - blackened teeth etc. I'd love a version like that. The clothes would need to be WAY dirtier. Definite tweaking possibilities.

Or this -

501caecade966e1e8752c1b4d6d213ab.jpg

Here you can see how patched and frayed his shirt is -

gary_tattoos.jpeg

I might save up and buy a second one to play with.

Oh, and. . . (Just looking at tweaking possibilities) But what happened to the ends of his trouser legs?

How does their website picture -

164633qqqjwh1qwcaic4az.jpg

Look anything like -

20151031_154614.jpg

**Sorry, I stole part of your picture, Aaron!

Man, I was pretty set on using my reward points on him, but I just don't know.

You should definitely still get it.

The thing I like about this figure is that it has potential. It needs to be tweaked. Everything is there - a good base - just needs to be weathered etc (unlike Snape). I don't usually like messing with stock figures, but I think I might with this one.

I've not really taken any notice before - because I just assumed the figure in the final pictures is the figure you get - but do many companies do that? What they show on their site is different from the in-hand figure? Just doesn't seem right to me.

I've not really taken any notice before - because I just assumed the figure in the final pictures is the figure you get - but do many companies do that? What they show on their site is different from the in-hand figure? Just doesn't seem right to me.

Unfortunately yes. For the life of me, I can't think of anything specific, but HT is notorious for changes to the prototype pics (usually very small, and usually for the better). That's why HT threads are ALWAYS filled with four waves of emotion:

1) prototype pics look awesome! PO'd!
2) upon closer inspection, this figure sucks, PO cancelled!
3) in-hand pics are in, and it actually looks good, re-PO'd!
4) finally got this figure, it's awesome!

Granted, that's how a lot of these threads go, but it's definitely a HT thing first and foremost. A lot of times, for ALL companies, changes from the proto pics stem from sculpt and costume tweaking that they will still do before they're sent to the production factories, and other times, the changes come from things that, unfortunately, the factories just can't do on a realistic production scale, such as weathering Mad-Eye's coat, or PoA Sirius' pant legs.

I think that since Star Ace is a smaller company, we're going to see more production issues in their figures than from HT. BUT! at least so far, the issues have been relatively minor outfit things. Snape is the first real miss with sculpting.

:goodpost:

I understand that prototypes are often a lot better than production run. Artists have longer to get a one-off done right and it's not practical to have that level of detail on production figures.

HOWEVER, they're keeping the same pictures on their site and publicity. Surely, if they're not selling that particular figure, then they shouldn't have those pictures. It's like having a photo of a Ferrari and getting a Tricycle. Well, maybe not that dramatic of a difference, but you get my point - it's false advertising.

I'll admit that quite a few of my figures were second hand, so I've been looking at the pictures of the actual product a lot of the time. I'm definitely ignorant of this topic, so I apologize. But, if that's the case through, then I completely don't blame collectors wanting to see in-hand pictures first.

I've also seen the problems with this figure and I've bought it anyway, knowing I could always tweak it, if I don't like it.

I still think SA are doing a good job overall, and I want to continue to support them. But, boy, are they mucking about a bit.

I'm preordering all the figures in the hope they get back on track. :pray:

Which do you guys think is the better figure overall? This one, or the previous Sirius Black?

Which do you guys think is the better figure overall? This one, or the previous Sirius Black?

For me - Previous, by a huge margin. The clothes were nice (apart from the massive/baggy jacket). More value for money. But, I'll reserve final judgement until the figure is in my hands this week. I have wanted this figure since they announced it.

This should be more weathered, more tattered. Anyone going to try?

I might have a crack at it, but I'll wait until I get the figure to make a final decision.

Back