Star ace Harry Potter - Mad-Eye Moody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you do and use to dirty his coat up?

thanks cmiller99!

i just mixed some brown and yellow acrylics with a bit of water to get the beige color i wanted and used my brush and fingers to apply it. it dried and looked a little too even, so i dry brushed the same mix on areas i wanted lighter like the lapels. did the same with some black acrylics. strippled some watery black down and around and then blended it with my brush and fingers to blend it naturally. i have since added a little more brownish to the black i had on the lapels. dont be afriad to mess up. you can always reapply to darken or lighten . also i used a brush that lost its bristles to lighten some areas . so essentially used the metal to lightly scrape across some areas. i did that on the lapel i had too much black on and it looks more blended . twas fun :wink1:

thanks cmiller99!

i just mixed some brown and yellow acrylics with a bit of water to get the beige color i wanted and used my brush and fingers to apply it. it dried and looked a little too even, so i dry brushed the same mix on areas i wanted lighter like the lapels. did the same with some black acrylics. strippled some watery black down and around and then blended it with my brush and fingers to blend it naturally. i have since added a little more brownish to the black i had on the lapels. dont be afriad to mess up. you can always reapply to darken or lighten . also i used a brush that lost its bristles to lighten some areas . so essentially used the metal to lightly scrape across some areas. i did that on the lapel i had too much black on and it looks more blended . twas fun :wink1:

Brilliant. Cheers, bud. I shall give that a go. Will do the same with prisoner Sirius.

Back