Star Ace 1:6 - Richard Harris Dumbledore - Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Harry will stand the test of time. I've never been so enamored with a book than I was with any of the Potter books. I'm really hoping that same feeling is there for the play book coming out at the end of July. I just fear it won't because its an adaption of a script and not an original novel. But I'll gladly take that over no new Potter stories. It might just be that awkward phase. I have little cousins that weren't born early enough for the Potter craze and they are just now catching on with the books and movies.

I think collectibles tend to attract more of an older demographic (with disposable income) and most Potter fans aren't quite of that age yet, so the few adult fans are the ones supporting the line right now. I'm pretty much the exact same age as Daniel Radcliff so the films were perfectly aligned for me, but I'm probably the exception more than the rule when it comes to Potter collectors at this point. I've only picked up Voldemort, Harry, and Ron so far but I fully indent on going back and getting Sirus, Hermione, Snape, Mad Eye, Hagrid, and Dumbledore. The recent releases of Hagrid and Dumbledore and them turning out so well has resparked my love for the Potter series and I'll be picking up multiple figures pretty darn quick now I think. I'm just in that awkward stage of wanting to pick up a bunch of stuff and waiting for SDCC to be over before acting :lol

I was so desperately afraid I was going to hate the sculpted beard, but...

5fdimage.jpeg

!!!!!! I was blown away !!!!!!

It was a much better choice than that Kung Fu Master looking thing the prototype had...I assume companies will continue to work toward getting large rooted beards right, but until they do I think the sculpt/root combo can work just fine.

But you'll lose half or more of it in the ridiculous shipping charges...

With a $20 coupon and reward points SS comes out slightly ahead of BBTS, but you're right, the shipping charges are ridiculous. I don't understand why some figures have the $10 flat rate and others are more than twice that amount.

I love the robe. This is gonna sound weird, but is it soft to the touch? Like velvet?

Back