Star Ace 1:6 - Richard Harris Dumbledore - Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Lt...

Remind me where you wanted that check sent..?
:)

I get you're joking, but I never say no to free money. Never offer anything you're prepared to lose. (Seriously though, the praise was deserved :)).

Thanks for linking! I have no idea why I couldn't find it from the product search... very odd.

Maybe they don't want people to join the waitlist. Maybe the edition size was smaller than the amount of preorders. Maybe they messed up. I'm an eternal pessimist.

sEtMhS.jpg

See, it's that shot/angle that makes me NOT want to buy him. I just can't get over the fact that his hair is so different and they didn't even attempt to match the colours to help blend them. Yet, your picture HERE looks absolutely fantastic and makes him a must buy.

The shot above is just to show off the paint app detail. At that range it's all about texture, so yes, that will magnify the hair difference. But on your shelf you'll be pleased.

See, it's that shot/angle that makes me NOT want to buy him. I just can't get over the fact that his hair is so different and they didn't even attempt to match the colours to help blend them.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the shot looks great and the look grows on me more and more with each picture. Looking forward to receiving mine.

Thanks for linking! I have no idea why I couldn't find it from the product search... very odd.

Happens very often for me. You'll have better luck doing a quick Google search more often then directly using the SS search engine. Especially on sold out or waitlisted items.

Thanks, Chronos!

...and just to complete the thought, keep in mind that both Dumbledore's beard and hair were prosthetic and really were of different texture, and the head hair really was slightly more blonde than the beard in most scenes:

ug3na1.png

OEXW6q.jpg

urRWZk.jpg

I know. It's just my opinion, that's all.

Like I said - that previous picture made me change my mind. But, there's no need for me to keep repeating myself (even though the SA grey beard vs Harris white is still not proving the point). The figure will still look nice.

I don't think I'd display him without the hat. While the hairline looks to be very well done for a mass-production piece, it's not at the level of authenticity that a sculpted hairline often brings to the table. But the hat hides the hairline and IMO also disguises the slight difference in colour between the hair and the beard quite well.

Happens very often for me. You'll have better luck doing a quick Google search more often then directly using the SS search engine. Especially on sold out or waitlisted items.

Thanks for the tip. :duff

While the hairline looks to be very well done for a mass-production piece, it's not at the level of authenticity that a sculpted hairline often brings to the table.

This is the problem that I see with the Hagrid figure in most shots. The hairline looks off. Has anyone been able to futz it to better match his appearance in the films?

Thank you. But the site is acting weird. When I try to pre-order it tells me that there was an error because I didn't select a payment method, however the pre-order screen never gives me an option to select it. I do have a credit card on file in my account though.

Showing as sold out now. Were you able to order it? I don't know of any other sites that are offering it for a reasonable price at the moment.
Yea, I tried ordering it on my phone and it went through correctly. Thanks!

Man, between Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Finn 2 pack, and now Dumbledore this has been a very expensive few weeks!
I almost wouldn't mind if Rey was pushed back a few weeks.

Haha, it's hard when everything comes in at once. So far I haven't committed to the Hot Toys Star Wars line but I'm sorely tempted. Problem is, I'm a completionist, and between the OT and TFA there's just far too much to collect.

Anyhow, congrats on scoring Dumbledore! :hi5:

BBTS sent me an e-mail saying that they would be getting their shipment of Dumbledore figures within ten days.

An hour later they sent me a shipping confirmation for Dumbledore.

Edit: It looks like the "lol" emote doesn't work, so: :rotfl (though I didn't find it THAT funny) :wink1:

I haven't opened Hagrid yet, though I did check that there was nothing wrong with him. The rooted hair and sculpted beard on him look perfect. Hoping the same with Dumbledore.

Little update, both Dumbledore and the deluxe are fully sold out on Sideshow. You are no longer able to join the waitlist. Also... anyone heard of Hobby-Galaxy? I preordered him from there out of desperation, so...

Back