Star Ace 1:6 - Richard Harris Dumbledore - Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that as well and I honestly don't know why. In my opinion this new beard looks much much better than the rooted one did.

I think the sculpted beard could be improved upon, but considering the other rooted option looked ridiculous (like an awful mall Santa), I'm pleased.

Beautiful figure and I love the new sculpted beard. Looks better imo.

rooted would be best if they could get it to look exactyl right around the mouth, they couldn't, so sculpted is def a better option. looks good.

While I understand the rooted one wasn't perfect, I just can't convince myself to buy this anymore. It just looks... off. And because the man rarely gets into any action, the articulation in the head being lost is a lot more of an anti-motivator to me. I wouldn't be able to bend his head down so he could peer over his glasses anymore.

Well, I'm glad that at least others will pick up the lost sale. Star Ace has a bright future, IMO.

I'm in the minority, I know, but I really don't like it. I thought I wouldn't, but hoped I would when I saw it.

I wish they could've got the rooted looking right. Totally understand why they went sculpted though and pleased to see most people here like it. Shame they can't do two versions - and you pay more if you want rooted. As I've said before, I've cancelled my SA preorders, but still would like to pick this up one day.

HP collection is nothing without Dumbledores!

Last edited:
I definitely wish they could have improved the rooted beard, rather than going sculpted. The combination doesn't look great together. The sculpted beard being in such close proximity to the rooted hair makes the rooted hair look really fake and low quality.

As it stands, I'll try to hold out for a Moody-like discount.

Does any experienced customizer think there's a chance that hair could be fixed on top of that plastic beard? Or is it just impossible?

I'd say it's possible, but it might look pretty bad having a huge beard like that covered with real hair; a problem would be with the volume of hair, really. I'm no expert by any means but I don't think it'd look great.

Ok, I'm still iffy about the sculpted beard, but one thing keeps confusing me here, and it's the description. Dumbledore comes with two rings? What kind of rings? Why? Is it for his fingers or something?

I still love the idea of this figure, the accessories, Fawkes. I'm even warming to the robes, but the beard.... maybe I'll wait for in-hand pics.

But seriously... what rings are they talking about?

Back